Emma Rhys-Jones Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Born in: Cardiff, Wales
Famous as: Gareth Bale's Fiancee
Spouse/Ex-: Gareth Bale
father: Martin Rhys-Jones
mother: Suzanne McMurray
siblings: Charlotte Rhys-Jones, John Rhys-Jones, Katie Rhys-Jones, Robert Rhys-Jones
children: Alba Violet Bale, Nava Valentina Bale
City: Cardiff, Wales
education: Whitchurch High School
Emma Rhys-Jones is best known as the fiancée of Welsh professional footballer Gareth Bale, who is one of the highest-paid football players in world and plays for Real Madrid and Wales. The two were childhood sweethearts and attended the same school. She reportedly worked as a hairdresser in Cardiff while Bale was building his career in football. Since she appeared beside Bale in late 2013, she has been covered by international media incessantly, be it for accompanying her beau, or for the troubling incidents surrounding her family. However, even after gaining celebrity status, she has remained the girl next door she always had been. Rather than enjoying the spotlight, she is more interested in spending quality time with her family and friends. She and Bale have two daughters together, Alba and Nava, and are expected to get married in 2018.
- Emma Rhys-Jones came into limelight after she was spotted beside her partner, Gareth Bale, when he signed the £85million transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid in September 2013, which made him the most expensive footballer in the world. Soon after, she made news headlines with pictures of her doing the rounds of tabloids. However, she has kept a low profile on the internet and appeared on Bale’s social media feeds only occasionally. In the subsequent interviews, her friends, relatives and acquaintances asserted that she is unlikely to change under the limelight. She is not interested in the celebrity lifestyle around night clubs like most wives and girlfriends of sports stars (her grandmother, Grace Rhys-Jones, insisted that she is not a WAG, but a well rounded young woman with fiery Italian roots). Interestingly, his famous love heart celebration that he performs after scoring a goal, is dedicated to her.
- Emma Rhys-Jones was born on July 29, 1991 and was raised in Llanishen, a district in north Cardiff, just a couple miles from the former council house where her future partner Bale grew up. She is the second eldest of her parents’ five children, and has an older sister Charlotte, a younger sister Katie, and younger twin brothers Robert and John. Her older sister Charlotte is the partner of Wales and British Lion rugby star Taulupe Faletau, and has a son, Israel, with him.
- She first met Gareth Bale while both of them were attending Whitchurch High School in the early 2000s. They started dating soon after, and she has been beside him ever since, cheering him on the field during his matches. Since 2011, she had been living with Gareth at his luxury detached home in Chigwell, Essex, but returned to her hometown for the birth of their first daughter. She now lives in Madrid with her fiancé and their two daughters, both of whom were born before they were engaged. Their first child, Alba Violet, was born on October 21, 2012 at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. On March 22, 2016, the couple welcomed their second daughter, Nava Valentina, who was also born in Cardiff. Bale announced his engagement to Emma on July 17, 2016, a day after his 27th birthday. They are reportedly planning to tie the knot in 2018.
- Emma Rhys-Jones’s father, Martin Rhys-Jones, who was the mastermind behind a multi-million pound shares scam, was convicted of fraud and served five years behind the bars in Spain and the United States. Emma and Gareth delayed the wedding a few times in the hope that her father could be there on the big day. According to ‘Sun’, they earlier considered holding the ceremony in New York so that her father could attend their marriage. However, after they learned that he could be released early depending on good behavior, they postponed the ceremony in 2017, and decided to host it later in Wales.
- In September 2017, her father was released from jail. Two days after his release, her father, who had never met his granddaughters before, set up a secret meeting with her daughter and granddaughters in an undisclosed location in Cardiff. Meeting her father after six long years, Emma went through a very emotional moment that left her in tears. Gareth was absent from this secretive affair; however, her father has met him before, as they have been dating for over a decade.
- In September 2016, her elderly grandparents were forced out of their house after thugs threw stones through the windows, following which they also set their car ablaze. Apparently a bag full of drugs, cash and watches worth £1million was behind all these, for which her aunt was arrested by police the following month. The incident forced the couple to step up security in the fear that the drug gang involved in the incident might seek to mete out their own justice.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed