Elena Satine Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Elena Marié Skhirtladze
Born Country: Georgia
Born in: Tbilisi, Georgia
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Tyson Ritter (m. 2013)
education: Moscow Art Theatre School (2008), Professional Performing Arts School (1998–2004), French Woods Festival
Elena Satine is the stage name of Elena Marié Skhirtladze, a multi-talented American actor of Georgian origin. She is a singer-songwriter and a trained classical pianist, too. She started as a child music artist at the tender age of 5. She experimented with her career a lot, before establishing herself as a successful actor. She is one of those talented Russian actors who are creating waves in Hollywood, following in the footsteps of Milla Jovovich, Mila Kunis, and Olga Kurylenko.
- Elena was born on November 24, 1987, in Tbilisi, the erstwhile capital of the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic (currently Georgia).
- At the age of 5, Elena joined the Georgian pop group ‘Nergebi,’ a ‘Mickey Mouse Club’-like ensemble of child performers, and traveled to different parts of Eastern Europe along with them.
- At the age of 6, she appeared on a children’s variety TV show called ‘Utrennaya Zvezda’ (“Morning Star”).
- As a 9-year-old, she was the youngest headline performer at Russia's prestigious ‘Kinotavr International Film Festival.’
- While accompanying her mother to New York on a business trip in 1998, an 11-year-old Elena auditioned at the ‘Professional Performing Arts School’ (PPAS). She secured a spot admission and graduated with flying colors at the age of 16.
- Following her graduation from ‘PPAS,’ she continued her studies in dramatics at the ‘Moscow Art Theatre School’ in Russia and also took up several international courses at the ‘Royal Academy of Dramatic Art’ in London, England.
- Elena's debut movie was 'Ripple Effect,' released in France in the year 2007. The movie featured her as 'Sophia.' The same year, she appeared as 'Ainka’ in 'Holier than Thou,' a short film.
- In the year 2008, she played ‘Starlett’ in the movie 'Bar Starz.' The same year, she made her TV debut, playing an 18-year-old 'Nadia Koslov,' a fictional Russian opera singer defected to the US in the year 1989, in an episode of the popular American crime–drama series 'Cold Case,' titled 'Triple Threat.' She tried her luck in a web series named 'Gemini Division,' playing 'Nadia' in the episode 'Training Day.'
- The year 2009 saw Elena experimenting with roles. She appeared as 'Penelope' in the independent drama film 'The Harsh Life of Veronica Lambert,' which was re-released in 2011 as 'Five Nights in Hollywood.' She was also seen as 'Christine' in the short film 'Adventures in Online Dating.' She lent her voice to Greek goddess 'Ilithyia' in an episode of the web series 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand,' titled 'Upon the Sands of Vengeance.'
- In 2010 and 2011, she played several guest characters, such as 'Countess Andrenyi' in 'Agatha Christie's Poirot,' ‘DC’ character 'Mera' in 'Smallville,' and 'Adriana Gorgova' in 'NCIS.'
- She got the big break of her career when she bagged the challenging role of 'Judi Silver,' a prostitute, in the American drama series 'Magic City.' Two seasons of the show were aired on ‘Starz’ network, in the years 2012 and 2013, respectively.
- Since 2014, Elena has continued to essay many popular roles, such as 'Lorelei' in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D' and 'Sonya Simonson’/‘Dreamer' in 'The Gifted.' She also played the real-life character of Judith Campbell, who had once claimed to be the mistress of John F. Kennedy, in an episode of the science-fiction time-travel series 'Timeless,' titled 'Atomic City.'
- As of 2019, Elena has joined the cast of the ‘Netflix’ live-action miniseries 'Cowboy Bebop,' which will feature her as 'Julia.'
- Elena's mother was an opera singer, and her father was a textile businessman. She has a brother.
- She met Tyson Ritter, lead singer and bassist of the American rock band ‘The All-American Rejects,’ in 2012. They got engaged in April 2013 and got married on December 31, 2013.
- Elena belongs to the Georgian noble family known as the 'House of Orbeliani.'
- She has a rare distinction of having played four different comic book characters.
- As part of her preparation for the role of 'Countess Andrenyi,' she learned French and Hungarian.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed