Drew Lynch Bio
Girlfriend: Melanie Sergiev
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Andrew Lynch
Born in: Indianapolis, Indiana
Famous as: Comedian, YouTuber
father: Tim Lynch
mother: Chris Lynch
siblings: McKailyn, Monica, Taylor
U.S. State: Indiana
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
Drew Lynch is an American stand-up comedian, actor, YouTube Star, and social media influencer. He gained fame after appearing in the 10th season of ‘America's Got Talent’. He aspired to become an actor as a child; however, life had other plans for him. At the age of 20, Lynch suffered an injury while playing softball. As a result, he developed a stutter. Undaunted, and with the support of his friends, he started to pursue a career as a stand-up comedian. He wanted to show the world that any situation can be transformed into something positive. When he made his first appearance on the stage of ‘America's Got Talent’, his story and act convinced Howie Mandel, one of the show’s judges, to press the Golden Buzzer. He eventually was eliminated in the finals, losing to the season winner, ventriloquist Paul Zerdin. Following his success on the show, Lynch’s YouTube channel gained traction. Also featuring his service dog Stella, the channel has gained over 1.6 million subscribers and more than 100 million views to date.
- Drew Lynch set up his YouTube channel in February 2012 and the first video was uploaded in March. Titled ‘Words R Hard: Episode 1’, the video explained his condition and outlined his plans with the channel. It was through YouTube that Lynch found his initial fame. The channel currently serves as a vlogging channel for Lynch and his service dog, Stella.Recommended Lists:
- When he was around 20, Drew Lynch bagged a chance to audition for the successful sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother.’ However, he had an accident before the audition and couldn’t appear for it. As a result, he lost his talent agent. The agency now told him to contact them when he got better. Accepting his new reality, Lynch started working as a stand-up comedian. He would incorporate his predicament into his act and in time, garnered a loyal group of followers. It eventually led to the opportunity to audition for the 10th season of ‘America's Got Talent’.
- On May 16, 2015, the 10th season of the reality competition series ‘America's Got Talent’ premiered on NBC. Lynch’s stand-up comedy became the first act to earn the televised Golden Buzzer that season. It was used by Howie Mandel. Lynch next performed in the quarter-finals and advanced into the semi-finals.
- Lynch’s act in the semi-finals involved him talking about his high-speech voice as well as his stutter being an issue while he talks to people on the phone. He subsequently advanced to the finals along with nine others. In this round, his act revolved around the lack of conviction in his voice, the time he spent on trying to give his girlfriend his phone number, and her bust. Lynch ultimately claimed the runner-up position, finishing the competition right after ventriloquist Paul Zerdin.
- Lynch made his screen debut in 2015 in an episode of ‘Dogs & Me’. He then landed the recurring role of Adam in IFC’s comedy series ‘Maron’ (2016). A year later, he appeared as Doug in the TV series ‘Cassandra French's Finishing School’. In 2018, Lynch debuted on the big screen with the British horror film ‘Secret Santa’. He wrote and starred in the telefilm ‘If People Acted Like Dogs’.
- In 2017, he worked in Adam Marcus’ directorial venture ‘Drew Lynch: Did I Stutter’. He not only wrote the project but also starred in it alongside Howie Mandel. The film was an official selection at the 2018 Portland Comedy Film Festival. However, the film has not been officially released yet.
- Drew Lynch was born on August 10, 1991, in Indianapolis, Indiana, to Tim and Chris Lynch. He has three siblings, one brother, Taylor, and two sisters, Monica and McKailyn. He was raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tim works for a water heater manufacturing company while Chris is involved in the insurance business.
- Initially, Drew aspired to be an actor. He wanted to play dramatic and leading roles in Hollywood. By the time he was 20 years old, he had moved to Los Angeles and had begun his life as a struggling actor. He even landed an audition for CBS’ sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother’. He got through the first round and was supposed to appear for a second audition. At the time, he supported himself by working as a ticket checker in a comedy club and was part of a softball team from work.
- A day before the audition, there was a softball game. He was fielding at shortstop. The batter smashed a ground ball towards his direction and the ball hit him on his throat. Dazed and in pain, he dropped to the ground. He eventually went home and fell asleep. When he woke up the following day, he was talking much slower and it only worsened with time. He developed a distinct stutter. While the doctors at first assured him that the stutter was temporary, they later realized that the damage to his vocal chords was irreparable.
- His had a girlfriend during his time at ‘America's Got Talent’. She supported him by taking on three jobs. They later broke up. He is currently dating a woman named Melanie Sergiev who has been featured on his Instagram handle.
Drew Lynch Fans Also Viewed