Drew Chadwick is a famous American singer and songwriter. He gained prominence as a singer when he became a part of the reggae pop band, ‘Emblem3.’ Drew became popular all over America when he appeared in the famous reality television show ‘The X Factor USA.’ He appeared in the show, along with his band members, Wesley Stromberg and Keaton Stromberg. They finished fourth in the second season of the show and managed to strike a deal with famous record labels, such as ‘Columbia Records’ and ‘Syco Records.’ Drew Chadwick released quite a few songs with his band members, before deciding to make music on his own. In June 2014, he left ‘Emblem3’ and embarked on a solo career. Before dissociating himself from the band, Drew was nominated for the 2013 ‘Capricho Awards’ under the category ‘Gato Internacional.’ At the 2013 ‘Teen Choice Awards,’ ‘Emblem3’ won the ‘Choice Music: Breakout Group Award.’ The band was also nominated for ‘Teen Icon Awards’ and ‘Radio Disney Music Awards’ in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
- Drew Michael Chadwick was born on October 1, 1992 in Port Angeles, Washington, United States. He had a troubled childhood as his parents Michael Chadwick and Kristy Sallee got separated when he was very young.Drew and Wesley Stromberg went to the same school in Sequim, Washington. They first met when they locked horns over a girl in middle school. They later became friends after meeting at a party and were also happy to know that they share a common interest – music.Drew also became friends with Wesley’s brother Keaton, and the trio started making some soul-stirring music. When Wesley moved to Huntington Beach, California, Drew followed suit and the two were later joined by Keaton.The trio soon formed a band named ‘Emblem3’ and released their maiden album, ‘Bite Your Lip and Take It,’ which was recorded in their basement. They also started performing at Sunset Strip, hoping for a big breakthrough.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Apart from singing, Drew Chadwick also came up with the lyrics for almost all the songs recorded by the band ‘Emblem3.’ In 2012, Drew’s band auditioned for the second season of the famous reality television show, ‘The X Factor USA.’At the audition, which was held in San Francisco, the band performed a song titled ‘Sunset Blvd,’ which was written by Drew. ‘Emblem3’ was eventually selected to be a part of the show, which in turn increased Drew’s popularity.‘Emblem3’ made it to the final episode of the show and managed to finish fourth. Drew and his band members went on to strike a deal with ‘Columbia Records’ and ‘Syco Records,’ and came up with their debut studio album, ‘Nothing to Lose.’A few days after releasing its first extended play, ‘Songs from the Couch,’ ‘Emblem3’ announced that Drew Chadwick was dissociating himself from the band in order to focus on his solo career.In September 2015, Drew rejoined the band and started working on new projects. Two months later, the band announced that it would come up with a brand new album in 2016, and would follow it up with a tour.However, in September 2016, Wesley announced that the band members were trying to establish their respective solo career. Hence the band never released its second album, but released a couple of singles instead.Drew Chadwick went on to establish his solo career in music. He also became famous on social media as he started posting many of his songs online. While he has more than 400,000 followers on Twitter, his Instagram account has more than 200,000 followers. He is also popular on other social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- In 2013, Drew was nominated at the ‘Capricho Awards’ under the category, ‘Gato Internacional.’ At the same award function, ‘Emblem3’ was nominated for a couple of awards under the categories, ‘Best Show in Brazil’ and ‘International Development.’At the 2013 ‘Teen Choice Awards,’ ‘Emblem3’ won the ‘Choice Music: Breakout Group Award.’ The band was also nominated for ‘Teen Icon Awards’ and ‘Radio Disney Music Awards’ in 2013 and 2014 respectively.Recommended Lists:
- On June 15, 2017, Drew and Wesley Stromberg exchanged heated arguments on Twitter. Wesley accused Drew of being selfish and also held him responsible for their band’s dissolution. Wesley later said in an interview that Drew was uncooperative and that his behavior was solely responsible for their band’s failure.Personal Life & Family
- Drew’s parents got separated when he was still a toddler. He grew up with his older sister Bridget, and also has a half-brother named Jake. While his father currently lives in Tucson, his mother lives in Washington.Drew loves skating, snowboarding, and surfing. Spending his free time at the beach is one of his favorite pastimes as it provides him the perfect opportunity to flaunt his muscles and his tattoos.
How To CiteArticle Title- Drew Chadwick BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/drew-chadwick-38150.phpLast Updated- April 21, 2018
People Also Viewed