Dominic Sherwood Biography
Dominic Sherwood is an English actor and model who rose to fame for portraying the role of Christian Ozera in the British-American teen fantasy horror film 'Vampire Academy' in 2014. He later gained popularity for his role as Jace Wayland on the American supernatural drama television series 'Shadowhunters', based on Cassandra Clare's 'The Mortal Instruments' book series. He has been a main character on the show in its past three seasons since 2016. His small screen debut was with a recurring role as Jack Simmons in 'The Cut' in 2010. Since his film debut with a small part in 'Not Fade Away' in 2012, he had a starring role alongside Ed Westwick and Jeremy Sumpter in the thriller film 'Billionaire Ransom' and is slated to appear in the horror-thriller romance film 'The Other', which also stars Drea de Matteo and Cary Elwes. In February 2015, he appeared in the Kyle Newman-directed music video for Taylor Swift's single 'Style'. He also appeared in an episode of 'Modern Family' in 2016. In an interview, he has expressed his interest in portraying the DC Comics character Dick Grayson/Nightwing in a film.
- Dominic Anthony "Dom" Sherwood was born on February 6, 1990 in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England. He has three brothers and a sister. He suffers from sectoral heterochromia, a condition in which the colored part of the eye, the iris, becomes multicolored. As a result of the condition, he has two different colored eyes, a blue one and a half-blue half-brown one. He went to Oakwood Park Grammar School in Maidstone for his secondary school education. During his time in Maidstone, and later in Sevenoaks, he studied drama and theatre. After completing his studies, he went on a six-month world tour, working in various countries in the world, starting with Kenya. Upon his return, he moved to London.In 2008, at the age of 18, he had formed the band 'Tamarin Sky' along with his friends.You May LikeContinue Reading BelowRise to Stardom
- After settling in London, following his return from six-month long tour abroad, Dominic Sherwood began acting in the local theatre scene. He was eventually signed by a scouting agency which arranged for his TV and films opportunities in the following years. His first on screen appearance was as Jack Simmons in the third season of the teen drama series, 'The Cut', in 2010. He then bagged a guest role as a waiter named Tom in the episode 'Cherylistic' of the children's series 'Sadie J' (2011). The next year, he made his film debut in a small role as young Mick Jagger in 'Not Fade Away'. His first notable role came in 2014 when he was cast as Christian Ozera in the satirical horror film 'Vampire Academy'. He rose to fame after being cast in the fantasy drama series 'Shadowhunters' in early 2015.Controversies & Scandals
- In November 2017, Dominic Sherwood found himself amidst a controversy after he was heard in the background of a Facebook Live greeting his 'Shadowhunters' co-star, Matthew Daddario, with a gay slur. Daddario, who was hosting the live video on his Facebook profile, plays a gay character in 'Shadowhunters'. Daddario, immediately stopped Sherwood and disrupted the live feed, but the damage was done, as his followers watching the livestream had already heard it. Realizing the seriousness of the issue, Sherwood later posted three videos on his Instagram profile apologizing to his fans and the fans of the show for his actions. Clarifying that he was not trying to make excuses, he held himself fully accountable of his "disgusting and abhorrent" behavior earlier. He also mentioned that he was "truly, truly sorry" for perpetrating "negativity and hate and intolerance" by using one of the "problematic phrases" that are often used casually, and promised to make an endeavor to spread love in the future. While some social media users were still not convinced and wanted him removed from the show, many came to his support by pointing out that he was sincere in his apology and deserved a chance to learn.Relationships
- Dominic Sherwood became romantically involved with his co-star, actress Sarah Hyland, after he met her on the set of the 2014 movie 'Vampire Academy'. The couple made their relationship official in January 2015 when the paparazzi caught the previously low-key couple displaying affection publicly with no attempt to hide their intimacy. The following month, they separately shared with their respective social media followers the matching arrow tattoos they had got. However, reports of them splitting up were published on tabloids in 2017, and soon after, Hyland began dating 'The Bachelor' star Wells Adams. Sherwood later started a relationship with British and South African model Niamh Adkins in February 2018.
1. Not Fade Away (2012)
2. Vampire Academy (2014)
(Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery)
3. Billionaire Ransom (2016)
(Action, Thriller, Adventure, Drama, Crime)
How To CiteArticle Title- Dominic Sherwood BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/dominic-sherwood-40805.php
People Also Viewed