Dilraba Dilmurat Biography
Dilraba Dilmurat is a Chinese actress, singer, and model who rose to fame with the popular Chinese TV series ‘Diamond Lover’. After studying acting at the Shanghai Theatre Academy, Dilmurat embarked upon an acting career with a debut in the TV series ‘Anarhan’. The series and her character were a hit, and she had many other roles coming her way. Her most popular series in the next couple of years included ‘Legend of the Ancient Sword’, ‘The Backlight of Love’, and ‘Diamond Lover’. She won the Audience’s Favorite Newcomer award in 2015 as well. Other successes, such as ‘Hot Girl’, ‘The Ladder of Love’, and ‘Six Doors’ followed in 2016. In 2017, she starred in her most popular film ‘Mr. Pride vs. Miss Prejudice,’ which won her the Best New Actress award. Since then, Dilmurat has never had to look back and has had a steady line of well-performing TV series each year. More recently, she was seen in the hit film ‘Saga of Light’ and the acclaimed drama show ‘The Flame's Daughter.’ She is currently working on her next TV series ‘Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book’ that is set for release in 2019.
- Dilraba Dilmurat studied at the Shanghai Theatre Academy and knew early in her life that she wanted to become an actor. She began her career as an actress in 2013 with the TV series ‘Anarhan’, where she played the titular character. The lead role won her acclaim, and the series was nominated for a ‘Outstanding TV Series’ at 30 th Flying Goddess Award. With this breakthrough, she was soon signed up by Jay Walk Studio. In 2014, she starred in the web series ‘Wei shi dai’, where she played the role of Anpo Wu. Later in the year, she starred in the acclaimed fantasy series ‘Legend of the Ancient Sword’, where she played the role of Fu Qu in nine episodes. Her other appearances in 2014 included the TV series ‘The Sound of Desert’ and ‘Cosmetology High’.
- In 2015, she starred in her first feature film titled ‘Fall in Love Like a Star.’ Her fame, however, came with the TV series ‘Diamond Lover’, where Dilmurat played Gao Wen in 23 episodes. Her role as a pop star won her the ‘Audience’s Favorite Newcomer’ award at the China TV Drama Awards. Toward the end of the year, she starred in the miniseries ‘The Backlight of Love’ as Jiang Li.
- 2016 began on a bright note for Dilraba Dilmurat as she was cast in a leading role in the sports drama ‘Hot Girl’. She played the role of Guan Xiaodi in 37 episodes and her role won her the ‘Outstanding New Actress’ award at the ENAwards ceremony in 2016. Other TV appearances in 2016 included the series ‘Six Doors’, ‘The Ladder of Love’, and ‘Legend of Ban Shu.’ In ‘The Ladder of Love,’ Dilmurat essayed the role of Song Zihan in 46 episodes.
- In 2017, she received her first leading role in a film in the romantic comedy ‘Mr. Pride vs. Miss Prejudice’ as Tang Nannan. The movie was a hit at the box office, and she won the Best New Actress award at the China Britain Film Festival. Later, she starred in the comedy drama ‘Pretty Li Huizhen’ as Li Huizhen in 46 episodes. The series was a remake of the South Korean hit drama series ‘She Was Pretty’ and performed well with the audience. Dilmurat won the Best Actress award for this role at the China TV Golden Eagle Award ceremony. Her work continued to increase as the year passed by. She later starred in ‘Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossom’ as Bai Fengjiu in 39 episodes. Alternatively called ‘Eternal Love’, the drama became a popular hit in China and rest of the world, thus giving her global exposure. For this role, she received a Best Support Actress award nomination at the Shanghai Television Festival. Next, she joined the cast of the historical drama ‘The King’s Woman’ as Gongsun Li and continued to play the role for 48 episodes. She also started appearing as a cast member of ‘Keep Running’ in its fifth season. At the end of the year, she starred in the fantasy film ‘Namiya’ as Tong Tong.
- Dilraba Dilmurat began 2018 with an appearance in the rom-com ’21 Karat’. She then joined as the lead character in the fantasy drama ‘The Flame's Daughter’ as Lie Ruge and appeared in 52 episodes. Next, she starred in the sci-fi comedy ‘Sweet Dreams’ as Ling Ling Qi. She also joined as a cast member of the variety show ‘Travel, Feel the World’. Her popularity continued to peak, and Dilmurat was crowned the Golden Eagle Goddess at the China Golden Eagle TV Art Festival in 2018. Apart from acting, Dilmurat also enjoys a successful career as a singer. She has sung various songs for movies she starred in. Currently, she is working on her next project ‘Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book’, a 60-episode TV series. She also starred in the film ‘Saga of Light’ as Chang'e. Today, she is among the biggest stars in China and is often sought out by various brands due to her popularity. She has worked with global names such as L’oreal Paris, P&G, and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Dilraba Dilmurat was born on June 3, 1992 in Ürümqi, Xinjiang, China. She belongs to the Uyghur ethnic group, which traces its roots to Central Asia and West of China. She is currently rumored to be in a relationship with the singer William Chan WaiTing. However, Dilmurat has denied these speculations and said that she isn’t currently dating anybody.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed