Danna Paola Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Danna Paola Rivera Munguía
Born Country: Mexico
Born in: Mexico City
Famous as: Singer
father: Juan Jose Rivera
mother: Patricia Munguia
siblings: Vania Rivera Munguía
City: Mexico City, Mexico
Danna Paola Rivera Munguia is a famous Mexican actress, singer and recording artist who has also ventured successfully into fashion designing. She started working in television shows at the age of four and continued acting through her teens. Since then, she has done numerous notable roles in telenovelas and movies. She is best known for her roles in serials, 'Maria Belen' and 'Amy'; the play 'Wicked' and the Netflix movie, 'Elite'. She was the youngest actress in the theatrical production of ‘Wicked’, in which she played the role of Elphaba. Her discography includes movie soundtracks, telenovela songs, children’s music and solo albums. She gave her voice to the character of Rapunzel in the movie, 'Tangled,' which was a turning point in her career as a recording artist. She recently launched her line of apparel called, 'Danna Paola by SexyJns'. At the age of 23, she already enjoys worldwide success and popularity.
- Danna Paola was born on June 23, 1995 in Mexico City, to singer, Juan Jose Rivera Arellano, and his wife Patricia Munguia. Juan is the former singer of Los Caminantes and Grupo Ciclón.
- She has an older sister named Vania Paola. Her parents divorced when she was a child.
- In 1999, both sisters were cast on the show, 'Plaza Sésamo', the Mexican version of the educational children's television series, 'Sesame Street'.
- In 2010, she did her first telenovela, 'Rayito de Luz,' which is based on José María Sánchez Silva's book, 'Marcelino pan y vino of'. She played the role of a dreamy girl named, Lupita.
- The breakthrough for Danna Paola came in 2001, at the age of six, when she played the lead role in her first children's telenovela called, 'Maria Belen'. The soap opera gained high viewership and made her popular. The serial was nominated by the newspaper 'El Heraldo de Mexico' for an award. Her debut album 'Mi Globo Azul' also released the same year.
- 2004 proved significant for Paola as she was offered the lead role in children’s series, 'Amy'. The show was successful and popular. 'Oceano', her second album was released in the same year.
- In 2005, she played the female lead in 'Pablo y Andrea,' which was the television adaptation of the classic novel, 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer'. For the next few years, she acted in various television shows, which were produced by Televisa.
- In 2009, Danna Paola was cast as Patito for two seasons of the show, 'Atrévete a Soñar'. It was the Mexican remake of 'Patito Feo', the popular Argentine children's telenovela. She also recorded two of its soundtracks. The show, its soundtracks and the actress enjoyed commercial success throughout Mexico and Latin America.
- Her career as a recording artist gained further momentum in late 2010 when she contributed to the Spanish-language soundtrack of the Disney film, 'Tangled'. For the Spanish-dubbing of the movie, she voiced for the character of Rapunzel.
- In 2012, she recorded her fourth solo studio album which was released by Universal Music. This album marked her work transition from a teen pop singer to a more mature artist whose music consisted of electronic sounds and romantic ballads.
- Her performance as 'Elphaba' in the Broadway's play 'Wicked' was mesmerising. From 2013-2015, she appeared in over 300 performances of this play, which was the theatre's first Spanish-language production.
- In March 2014, Danna Paola came up with her own clothing line, 'Danna Paola by SexyJns', in collaboration with Mexican apparel brand "Sexy Jeans". She hit a home run in her first attempt.
- In August 2014, she took her recording career further by participating in 'Dancing Queens', the ABBA tribute album. She recorded the song, 'Take A Chance On Me'.
- She participated in another Broadway Production, 'Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar', in 2015. She portrayed the central character, Maria. Produced by Alex Gou, the play was showcased across Mexico.
- In July 2015, Danna Paola signed a telenovela for the U.S. based Spanish-language network, Telemundo. She was working in a soap opera after a gap of five years.
- In August 2015, she recorded the duet, 'Mientras Me Enamoras', with Mexican singer Lalo Brito. Its music video premiered on Brito's YouTube channel.
- Her another telenovela, '¿Quién es quién?', started airing on Telemundo on 9 February 2016, and it was her first soap opera outside her televisa contract.
- In 2016, she worked in a serial drama under Telemundo productions titled, 'La Doña', which was aired on May 1, 2017 in U.S. In the same year, her single 'Baila hasta caer' was released for radio and digital media.
- She played the role of 'Lucero', Mexican singer-songwriter, in the Telemundo mini-series, 'José José: El príncipe de la canción'. The show was premiered on January 15, 2018.
- She also acted in the Mexican movie, 'Lo Más Sencillo Es Complicarlo Todo', which was released on January 26, 2018.
- She played the role of Lucrecia in 'Elite', a Spanish thriller television series, which was premiered globally on Netflix original in October 2018. The show was highly praised worldwide and its second season was announced in 2018. It is anticipated that all the main characters from season one will return.
- Danna Paola's parents got divorced when she was very young. It was her mother who introduced her to the world of cinema. She received guidance from her father and a distant maternal relative (who worked in cinema) for her career in singing and acting respectively.
- She has been linked to the bassist, Alex Strecci, though both claim to be only friends. She had relationships with two of her on-screen actors: Eleazar Gómez (2009) and Eugenio Siller (2015).
- In 2018, there was a rumour of her being in a relationship with actor Miguel Bernardeau.
- Her elder sister Vania Paola has gained some popularity on Instagram with over 50,000 followers. Through her account, she promotes brands like Pandora and Nochiola.
- Danna Paola hosted the 2011 edition of 'Nickelodean Mexico Kids' Choice' Award with Brian Amadeus at the Chinese Theater of Six Flags Mexico.
- She learned to play the piano and guitar in her childhood.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed