Daniela Ospina is a well-known Colombian volleyball player who started her career playing international beach volleyball. She currently plays for ‘VP Madrid.’ Her brother, David Ospina, is a famous ‘Arsenal’ goalkeeper. In the initial years of her career, she played for the volleyball clubs ‘Itagüí’ and ‘Sabaneta’ in the ‘Antioquia Volleyball League’ of Colombia. She has also competed in the ‘National Youth Championship’ of Colombia and has represented the national team in international events. Daniela has also ventured into modeling and has appeared in campaigns for ‘Brandfit Colombia’ sportswear and ‘Joy Staz Jeans.’ She is also an entrepreneur and has launched her own brand of sportswear, ‘Danfive,’ which is marketed online. She has served as a host on the Colombian TV channel ‘Caracol’ and has been a brand ambassador for ‘Nacar Makeup.’ She has appeared on a Colombian TV reality show that is similar to ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ The show featured her with stars such as Debu Nova and Carlis Torres. She was married to soccer star James Rodríguez, with whom she has a daughter named Salomé. The couple divorced after being together for six years. Following this, James relocated to Germany to pursue his career in football, while Daniela remained in Medellin with her daughter. She is active on social media and has a large fan following. She is currently single and has not given any indication of a serious relationship after her divorce.
- She was born Daniela Ospina Ramírez, on September 22, 1992, in Itagüí , Antioquia, Colombia, to Hernan Ospina and Lucia Ramírez. She has a brother named David Ospina, who grew up to be a famous ‘Arsenal’ goalkeeper.As a child, Daniela and her brother were both quite outdoorsy and took active part in sports in their neighborhood. She started playing football with her brother and later specialized in volleyball. Her parents gave her full support in her endeavors.She attended ‘Santa Catalina School’ in Colombia. In April 2016, she completed a degree in business administration from ‘Grancolombiano Polytechnic University.’ She was a bright student and displayed a keen interest in the commercial world.Continue Reading BelowCareer
- She started her sports career by playing beach volleyball in her younger days and then played for the volleyball club ‘Itagüí’ in 2007. Her performance improved steadily, and two years later, she played for the club ‘Sabaneta’ in the ‘Antioquia Volleyball League’ of Colombia.In 2010, she competed in the ‘National Youth Championship’ of Colombia and represented the national team in international tournaments. She was one of the star players of the team and was instrumental in many of their victories abroad and at home.Daniela Ospina’s professional volleyball career received a major boost when she started playing for ‘VP Madrid’ in 2015 and became one of their most valued players. She is still on their roster and plays for the ‘Women’s Super League 2.’In 2016, Daniela Ospina ventured into modeling and appeared in a campaign for ‘Brandfit Colombia’ sportswear. She created a sensation and was soon offered to model for ‘Joy Staz Jeans.’ She has also appeared in a lingerie advertisement campaign in the Colombian magazine ‘Don Juan.’ This project required her to work with renowned photographer Hernán Puentes. Her stunning looks, coupled with her celebrity status in volleyball, earned her great success in her modeling career, too.Recently, she has launched her own brand of sportswear called ‘Danfive,’ which is marketed online. She endorses the brand and reaches out to potential clients through social media, where she has a large fan following. Her business administration degree has been put to use in her new endeavor.She has also served as a host on the Colombian TV channel ‘Caracol’ and has been a brand ambassador for ‘Nacar Makeup.’ Besides this, she has made several guest appearances on Colombian TV, talking about sports and lifestyle.Major Works
- As a sportsperson, she has played volleyball for the clubs ‘Itagüí,’ ‘Sabaneta,’ and ‘VP Madrid.’She has also competed in the ‘National Youth Championship’ of Colombia and has represented the national team in international sports events.As a model, she has been the face of ‘Brandfit Colombia’ sportswear, ‘Joy Staz Jeans,’ and ‘Nacar Makeup.’As an entrepreneur, she has launched her own brand of sportswear, ‘Danfive.’Personal Life
- Daniela Ospina is active on ‘Instagram,’ ‘Facebook,’ and other social-media platforms. She has used her social-media profiles to market her brand of clothing and to reach out to her fans.She got married to her long-time boyfriend, soccer star James Rodríguez, in 2011. They have a daughter named Salomé Rodríguez Ospina. The couple divorced in 2017 due to differences in opinion. James relocated to Germany to pursue his career in football, while Daniela stayed back in Medellin with her daughter.Her name has been associated with Colombian musician Alex Campos, while James Rodríguez has been romantically associated with Russian model Helga Lovekaty.According to social media, Daniela Ospina is currently single. She is a devoted single mother, though James Rodríguez has accepted equal responsibility to bring up their child, and they profess mutual respect for each other.Trivia
- She appeared on a Colombian TV reality show, similar to ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ in 2016. The show featured her with stars such as Debu Nova, Natalia Paris, and Carlis Torres. Although she did not make it to the final round, the show proved to be a stepping stone to her celebrity status.Daniela and James had dated each other for about two years before tying the knot.
How To CiteArticle Title- Daniela Ospina BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/daniela-ospina-41581.phpLast Updated- June 24, 2018
People Also Viewed