Daisy Ridley is an English actress known for her roles in TV and the 2015 mega budget film ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’. She started her acting career with roles in the TV shows mostly as guest appearances, but her talent was enough to make her a Hollywood favourite in quick time. Her initial roles include ‘Casualty’ and ‘Youngers’ and in 2014 she forayed into films with the indie horror film ‘Scrawl’ and during the same time, her short film ‘Blue Season’ entered the the Sci-Fi London 48 Hour film challenge. Her beginnings were humble and she took professional training for acting from Tring Park School for Performing Arts and graduated when she was 18. Upon passing out of the art school, she mesmerized the theatre audiences with her performances in ‘Dominoes’ and ‘The Boy Friend’. Apart from acting, Daisy is an accomplished singer with Jazz music as her main genre. She also happens to be a trained dancer. She became a voice actor for a 2016 animation film.
- Daisy Ridley was born in Westminster, London on 10th April 1992 to Chris and Louise Ridley. She is the youngest of three sisters and also has two half sisters from his father’s first marriage. Daisy’s only relation with performing arts was through her great uncle, Arnold Ridley, who was a fairly popular actor back in his days.Daisy was always a movie-freak and she watched a lot of movies as a kid; her favourite film being ‘Matilda’, and she idolized its lead character so much that she would enact her out in front of her parents. She wanted to become an actor ever since she was old enough to want anything for her career.Upon getting a scholarship for studying in the Tring Park School for Performing Arts, she got enrolled at 9 and stayed there until her graduation. She learned dancing and the basics of portraying subtle emotions through her body language and facial expressions. Upon coming out of the school, she studied classical civilization for a brief period of time at Birkbeck, in the University of London, before she eventually dropped out to concentrate on her career as an actor.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- She started auditioning for Television roles and ended up playing small characters in shows like ‘Casualty’, ‘Toast of London’ and ‘Youngers’. However, she was determined and talented enough to bag some good roles in independent films and appeared in the festival favourite short film ‘Blue Season’ and later the BAFTA award nominated interactive film ‘Lifesaver’.Her first full length feature film debut happened with the 2015 horror film ‘Scrawl’, and in the very same year, she was seen in artist Wiley’s music video for the song ‘Lights on’. She reportedly shot for film ‘Inbetweeners 2’, but her role was eventually cropped out of the final film.In mid-2014, it was announced that Daisy would be playing a crucial character in maybe the biggest film of the decade thus far, ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’. Several media houses criticised the choice as she was largely unknown by then and didn’t have much credibility as an actor. However, the film released in 2015 and became one of the highest grossing films of the year and earned Daisy several accolades. Some media houses even went out of their way to say that Daisy is the real star of the show and that this role would change her life forever.She was immediately signed on to continue her portrayal of Rey in the highly regarded franchise titled ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’, which is slated to arrive in December 2017. The role in ‘Star Wars’ settled her comfortably into the leagues of big actors and she is slated to appear in several big roles, promising to make her one of the most important female actors of this generation.When it was decided to turn Agatha Christie’s novel ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ into a film, Daisy was the first person signed on to play the lead role. The production started for the film in 2016 and the film is expected to have a worldwide release in 2017. Apart from that, she was chosen to play a major role in ‘Chaos walking’, a screen adaptation of a very successful adult novel of the same name, where she would be seen opposite Tom Holland.Apart from that she has been selected for different roles as a leading actor such as ‘Kolma’, which happens to be a supernatural drama. She would also be seen in a political thriller tentatively titled ‘A Woman of No Importance’, an adaptation of a book by the same name. She is also slated to be seen in the adaptation of Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’ alongside Naomi Watts.In the English dub version of Japanese animation film ‘Only Yesterday’, Daisy dubbed for the main character and she was also hired for providing voice for a few other animation films. Daisy started her production career with the 2016 documentary film ‘Eagle Huntress’ and also ended up narrating the film which eventually went to Sundance Film Festival.In the 2016 album ‘Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway’, Daisy provided her vocals alongside many other stars such as Anne Hathaway. Daisy performed on the song ‘At the Ballet’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Personal Life
- Daisy is suffering from an ailment called endometriosis; she has undergone several surgeries for the ailment, which was first diagnosed when she was 15.She was into a long-term relationship with fellow British actor, Charlie Hamblett but the couple later separated. Daisy is known to keep her private life under the wraps but she has been spotted with an unknown man a few times.She has featured on many men magazine’s list as one of the most beautiful women in the world. Debrett’s 2016 edition named her as one of the most influential people on the planet.Trivia
- Daisy Ridley has deep fascination for tattoos; she got her first one at the age of 15, when she got three stars inked on her left foot, and other tattoos are on her thighs and behind the ears.
1. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)
(Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action, Fantasy)
2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
(Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action, Fantasy)
3. Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
(Drama, Mystery, Crime)
AwardsMTV Movie & TV Awards
2016 Breakthrough Performance Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)
How To CiteArticle Title- Daisy Ridley BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/daisy-ridley-33246.phpLast Updated- April 04, 2018
People Also Viewed