Connor Ball Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Connor Samuel John Ball
Born in: Aberdeen
Famous as: Bassist
father: Stuart Stephen, Simon Ball (Stepfather)
mother: Kelly Ball
siblings: Angus and Hamish, Lewie
Connor Samuel John Ball is an English bassist and a member of the pop rock band, 'The Vamps'. He shot to stardom by uploading his videos of cover songs on YouTube. Inspired by the bands You Me at Six and All Time Low, he joined 'The Vamps' in 2012. Eventually, the band members also created their own channel, The Vamps: Night & Day, on June 25, 2012. It has garnered 3.1 million subscribers and 154 million views as of May 2018. Besides playing the bass guitar, Connor also performs backup vocals and plays the acoustic and electric guitars. The boys have toured with other bands like McFly and with artists like Selena Gomez and The Wanted. They also perform at different events and festivals in the United Kingdom. Having founded their own record label, Steady Records, they have released three studio albums and several hit singles till date.
- Connor Samuel John Ball joined the British pop rock band, 'The Vamps', in 2012 as a bassist and singer. By then, the band already had members like Brad Simpson (the lead singer and guitarist), James McVey (the lead guitarist and singer), and Tristan Evans (the drummer and also a singer). The band paved their way to stardom in the same year by uploading their cover songs on YouTube. They also signed with Mercury Records in November 2012, and by the following year, they were in a position to tour and support other bands like McFly.
- 'The Vamps' released their first single ‘Can We Dance’ in the United Kingdom on September 29, 2013, which peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. It was the lead single from their debut album ‘Meet the Vamps’, released later in April 2014. Their second single ‘Wild Heart’ was released in January 2014. It was also a hit and peaked at number three. Their third single ‘Last Night’ was released a month later on UK radio, and also in the US and Canada.
- Motivated by their popularity, 'The Vamps' launched their own record label Steady Records, and worked in collaboration with EMI/Universal. Their second album ‘Wake Up’ was released in November 2015, and its lead single of the same name was released a month before the release of the album. 'The Vamps' released the first part of their third album ‘Night & Day, the Night Edition’ in July 2017, which became a hit on the UK Albums Chart.
- Connor was also seen in the TV series ‘Conan’ in 2010, ‘The Vamps & Demi Lovato: Somebody to You’ in 2014, and ‘Janoskians: Untold and Untrue’ in 2015.
- Connor Samuel John Ball was born on March 15, 1996, in Aberdeen, Scotland, to Stuart Stephen and Kelly. After his parents divorced, his mother remarried Simon Ball, who raised him in Birmingham along with his younger brother Lewie. He has two step-brothers—Angus and Hamish. Connor was passionate about music from an early age and started playing the guitar when he was 11.
- He loves bearded dragons and has one named Rex. He has a pet tortoise called Bruce and a pet hamster called Harry. Connor suffers from asthma, and is allergic to peanuts and nuts.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed