Nadine Lustre Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Nadine Alexis Paguia Lustre
Born in: Quezon City
Famous as: Actress
father: Ulyses Lustre
mother: Myraquel Paguia-Lustre
siblings: Naomi Alexa Lustre
Partner: James Reid
City: Quezon City, Philippines
Nadine Lustre is a Filipino actress and singer most famous for her lead role in the movie ‘Diary ng Panget’. Nadine has been involved in show business from a very young age, hosting children and youth oriented programs on several prominent Filipino networks. She left the girl band ‘Pop Girls’ to begin her own prolific solo career. She frequently collaborates with her real-life partner, James Reid, in films, television shows as well as for music albums. The pair popularly known as ‘JaDine’ have become household names in the Philippines with their range of hit movies, TV shows, and albums. Their concerts sell out within hours of their announcement because of such high demand. They have also been on two world tours across Europe, North America and South Asia. Known for her acting, singing, and beauty, she has been voted by the public as the ‘Most Beautiful Woman in the Philippines’ on multiple occasions.
- Nadine Alexis Paguia Lustre was born on 31 October 1993 in Quezon City, Philippines to Myraquel Paguia-Luster and Ulysyess Lustre. She has one younger sister named Naomi Lustre and younger brothers named Ezequiel Lustre and Isaiah Lustre.
- She did her schooling in Diliman Preparatory School and later on studied 'Communication Arts' at Colegio de San Lorenzo which is located in Quezon City.
- At the age of 9, she made her debut as a host, when she hosted the RPN network’s children-oriented show called ‘Storyland’, as well as a few programs on Disney Channel Asia.
- Subsequently, she was signed up by Viva Entertainment and became one of the main cast members in the TV5 youth program titled ‘Bagets’. Meanwhile, she also appeared in multiple shows on the GMA Network and made the odd appearance on the hit show ‘SOP Rules’.
- Her first acting roles were in the film ‘Petrang Kabayo’ and the TV5 drama series ‘P.S. I Love You’.
- In 2009, Nadine Lustre began her music career as one of the original members of girl group ‘Pop Girls’ which was launched by Viva Entertainment. She subsequently left the group in pursuit of a solo career.
- Lustre released her debut solo album under the label Viva Records in 2014. The album comprised of many hit singles such as ‘Para-paraan’, ‘Paligoy-ligoy’ as well as ‘No Erase’, ‘Bahala Na’ and ‘Hanap-hanap’ which were her first collaborations with her future partner James Reid.
- In 2015, Nadine showed off her rap skills on the song ‘Hush’ in which she collaborated with Yassi Pressman.
- In 2016, Lustre and Reid released their own version of the song ‘This Time’ under Viva Records. The song was meant for use in their movie with the same name.
- In February 2018, Lustre and Reid held a concert entitled ‘Revolution: a JaDine Concert’ at the Araneta Coliseum.
- In 2010, Nadine Lustre starred in the movie ‘Petrang Kabayo’. She was part of the TV series, 'P. S. I Love You', which ran from November 2011 to February 2012.In April 2014, she was seen in the lead role in the movie ‘‘Diary ng Panget’. The movie also starred James Reid and was a big hit. After the success of ‘Diary ng Panget’, the pair subsequently starred together in ‘Talk Back and You’re Dead’, which is based on the best-selling book of the same name by author Alesana Marie. The film was released on 20 August 2014, throughout the Philippines.
- In April 2014, she was seen in the lead role in the movie ‘‘Diary ng Panget’. The movie also starred James Reid and was a big hit. After the success of ‘Diary ng Panget’, the pair subsequently starred together in ‘Talk Back and You’re Dead’, which is based on the best-selling book of the same name by author Alesana Marie. The film was released on 20 August 2014, throughout the Philippines.
- On 26 August 2014, Lustre and Reid signed an exclusive two-year contract with ABS-CBN. They were to be the network’s new ‘loveteam’. As a result, any music, films or television shows the pair were involved in would be released under ABS-CBN and Viva Films.
- In October 2014, the duo's first television project with ABS-CBN, a month-long special titled ‘My App Boyfie’ was aired. Lustre played the lead female role of ‘Anika Andres’.
- On 13 May 2015, the film ‘Para sa Hopeless Romantic’ in which Nadine played ‘Rebecca del Mundo’ was released. The film, which was an adaptation of the best-selling novel of the same name, was her third film opposite James Reid.
- Nadine played ‘Anne Nunez’ in the Viva Films produced horror flick ‘Chain Mail’, which premiered on 22 August 2015.
- She starred alongside James Reid on the ABS-CBN Primetime Bida series ‘On The Wings Of Love’. The show ran from August 2015 to February 2016 and was a big hit. It made Lustre and Reid household names in Philipines,
- After the success of their first teleserye, Lustre and Reid were signed on by ABS-CBN Primetime Bida series for another entitled ‘Till I Met You’. The series ran from August 2016 to January 2017.
- In May 2016, the pair released their fourth movie together, titled ‘This Time’. The film earned 15 million pesos on its opening day alone.
- Nadine played the role of ‘Reah “Eya” Rodriguez’ in the movie ‘Diary ng Panget’. The Viva Films produced movie was an adaptation of the best-selling novel of the same name. The author Denny R who goes by her pseudonym ‘HaveYouSeenThisGirL’ specially handpicked Lustre to play the role of ‘Eya’. Released on 2 April 2014, the film grossed about 120 million pesos during its four-week run.
- In December 2015, Lustre and Reid starred in the action-comedy-drama movie ‘Beauty and the Bestie’. The movie, directed by Wenn V.Deramas was an entry at the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival. It currently holds the record of the ‘highest-grossing Filipino film of all time’.
- Lustre and Reid announced that their first major concert titled ‘JaDine in Love’ would take place on 20 February 2016 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. All tickets were sold out within seven hours of the announcement. Due to high demand, additional ‘SRO’ (Standing Room Only) tickets were made available later on, despite having raked in over 9 million pesos from ticket revenue by then.
- She played ‘Leah Olivar’ in the ABS-CBN Primetime Bida series titled ‘On The Wings of Love’ in which she co-starred along James Reid. The teleserye which was originally meant to run only for 10 weeks was then extended for another three months. It eventually ended on 26 February 2016 with a live viewing of the series finale at the Ynares Sports Complex in Antipolo City. The teleserye made Nadine and her partner James household names in the Philippines.
- Lustre and Reid decided to go on a world tour in March 2016. As part of the ‘JaDine in Love World Tour’ concerts were held in Doha, Dubai, London as well as Milan. They were joined by some high-profile artists such Yeng Constantino, Jay R and Tart Carlos.
- On 12 May 2016, Lustre and Reid flew to North America to begin their second world tour. Concerts were held in several cities across the United States and Canada. The tour was titled ‘JaDine High on Love’.
- Nadine Lustre was chosen as the ‘Most Beautiful Woman in the Philippines’ by Starmometer in 2016.
- In 2017, Nadine was voted as the ‘Sexiest Woman’ in a poll conducted by FHM Philippines.
- Nadine Lustre was previously in a relationship with fellow Viva Records artist JC Arcinue.
- After the end of her first relationship, she began dating long-time collaborator and good friend James Reid. James is an Australian actor. They first met on the sets of ‘Diary ng Panget’ in 2014.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed