Clara Alonso Biography
As a young and charming teenager, Clara Alonso moved out of her cocoon to step into the fashion world and create a niche for herself and the Spanish models. Not only was she successful in establishing herself in the chosen career field, but she also managed to grab opportunities to work with some of the biggest fashion brands in the industry. This green-eyed beauty went on to become one of Spain’s most glamorous models working with a variety of international fashion magazines and modeling for a number of editorials and fashion houses, some being Armani Exchange, GUESS, Mango, Bottega Veneta, TCN, Miguel Palacio, Nicolas Vaudelet, Glamour (Spain), Harper’s Bazaar (Spain), Vogue (Spain), and Elle (Spain). She is most popular for being the only Spanish to appear in the fashion shows for the lingerie retailer, Victoria’s Secret, in the recent times. This seductive Spanish personality has grabbed eyeballs of different modeling agencies, thus adding more to her lucrative resume. Today, she is known as one of the most glamorous and gorgeous international Spanish models around the world. Her awesome body and dark blonde hair, coupled with that indefinable quality - style, elegance and class, make her one of the finest and sexiest exports from Spain.
- Clara Alonso was born on September 21, 1987 in Madrid, Spain.She started modeling at the age of 15 and regularly walked for Spanish fashion shows.It was only after she finished school that she was spotted by famous casting director, John Pfeiffer, who helped her ramp walk for various shows, thereby giving a start to her international career.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- In 2008, she modeled for the ‘Cruise 2008-09’ collection launched by fashion designer, Diane von Furstenberg, in Florence, Italy. Soon after, she went to New York City in 2009 for the Spring/Summer fashion show.While modeling in Spain, she was lucky enough to work for Custo Barcelona and make regular appearances at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid.She was hired by the lingerie giant, Victoria’s Secret, for their 2008 fashion week organized in Miami, at the young age of 21 years. Since then, she has been a regular model at their fashion shows.She was selected to shoot a lingerie campaign for fashion label, GUESS, in Los Angeles by American photographer Yu Tsai.As the new, fresh face of Adolfo Dominguez’s ‘Agua Fresco de Rosas’ fragrance, she appeared in its television commercial.She appeared in the 2009 edition of Larios Calendar.In 2011, she was made the ideal muse for the launch campaign of Blanco’s most elaborate line, NIGHT, featuring a glittering collection of party wear.She was one of the Spanish supermodels who attended the opening of the ‘Marypaz’ flagship store in Madrid, in 2014.She has walked the ramp for a number of fashion designers, which include Bottega Veneta, Brian Reyes, Luca Luca, Mango, Nanette Lepore, Oscar De La Renta, Prabal Gurung, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Emporio Armani.Continue Reading BelowShe has graced the cover pages of numerous international fashion magazines, some being Swedish Elle, Spanish Vanity Fair, S Moda, Spanish Glamour, Norway Elle, Tevla, Moose, Spanish Clone, Brazilian Elle, and Vanidad.She has made her presence felt by appearing in a few fashion editorials, such as Spanish Harper’s Bazaar, Spanish Vogue, GQ Russia, Elle Vietnam, and Elle Spain.She has been the face of several luxury fashion brands, which include AX Armani Exchange, GUESS, Braun, Hoss Intropia, Calzedonia, and Revlon Professional, by appearing in their ad campaigns.Apart from her mother agency Traffic Models, she has worked for other agencies - Women Milan (Milan), IMG Models (New York), MP Mega Miami (Miami), Modelwerk (Hamburg), IMM Bruxelles (Brussels), and Marilyn Agency (Paris).Awards & Achievements
- She was honored with the L’Oreal award for ‘Best Model’ at the Autumn/Winter Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week (now Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week), in 2010.In 2010, she was listed as the ‘Best Model’ by fashion magazine, GQ Spain.She graced the cover page of the fifth anniversary issue of the Spanish edition of Vanity Fair magazine, released in November 2013, sharing space with tennis legend, Raphael Nadal.She was voted at #96 in the list of ‘Maxim Hot 100’, published in 2013.In 2015, she was listed at #140 in ‘Maxim Hot 100’ by the social networking site, Listal.She created history in 2008 for being the only Spanish model selected to walk the runway for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show since 1999, the previous models being Esther Canadas in 1997 and Eugenia Silva in 1999.Personal Life & Legacy
- She is said to be in a relationship with David Feito, a Spanish rocker and guitarist in the pop band ‘The Dream of Morpheus’, since 2010.Trivia
- She is fondly referred to as ‘Bebi’, a nickname given by her grandmother upon her birth, which literally means ‘baby’ in Spanish as its pronunciation goes.
How To CiteArticle Title- Clara Alonso BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/clara-alonso-5548.php
People Also Viewed