Chrissy Teigen Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Christine Diane Teigen
Born Country: United States
Born in: Delta, Utah, United States
Famous as: Model
Spouse/Ex-: John Legend
father: Ron Teigen Sr.
mother: Vilailuck Teigen
children: Luna Simone Stephens, Miles Theodore Stephens
U.S. State: Utah
Chrissy Teigen is an American model, television personality, social media sensation, food blogger, and author. She is quite famous in the world of entertainment. She started her modeling career at a young age and made her debut in 2010 by featuring in the annual ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.’ Earning the name ‘Rookie of the Year,’ she continued appearing in the annual swimsuit issue for the next four years, during which she was also featured on its cover in 2014. She was also featured on the covers of ‘Cosmopolitan’ and ‘Ocean Drive,’ and appeared in popular magazines, such as ‘Glamour,’ ‘Esquire,’ and ‘Vogue.’ This sought-after model has campaigned for several famous brands, such as ‘Nike,’ ‘Gillette,’ and ‘Olay.’ Over the years, she has also established herself in television. Her notable small-screen works include co-hosting ‘Lip Sync Battle’ and featuring as food stylist in ‘FABLife.’ Her passion for food saw her creating her own blog ‘sodelushious.com’ where she pens down her knowledge on the subject. Her cookbook ‘Cravings’ emerged as a ‘New York Times’ bestseller. This multi-faceted personality is also popular on social media, particularly in Instagram and Twitter.
- Chrissy Teigen’s professional journey in the world of glamor and entertainment started in her teens after she was spotted by a photographer in a surf shop where she was working at the time.
- In 2004, Teigen became an ‘IGN Babe.’ She then became part of the American game show ‘Deal or No Deal’ where she worked as a substitute model during its second season in 2006-07. She graced the cover of ‘Maxim’ magazine’s calendar in July 2007.
- While modeling, she embarked into the world of television, working as a contributor and recurring host for channels like ‘MTV,’ ‘FUSE/MSG,’ and ‘E!’ She featured in the American late-night talk show ‘Watch What Happens Live’ and in the reality TV series ‘America's Next Top Model.’
- The popular racing video game ‘Need For Speed: The Run,’ which released on November 2011, saw her playing a role. In 2012, she was dubbed ‘Our New Girlfriend’ by ‘Spike TV.’
- She hosted eight episodes of the American reality TV series ‘Model Employee’ during spring 2013, and played the role of a relationship counsellor in the American sketch comedy TV series ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ in April 2014. She continued contributing to entertainment news magazine ‘Extra’ and the celebrity news website ‘TMZ.’
- She made a guest appearance in the American romantic comedy TV series ‘The Mindy Project’ in January 2015. From April 2015, she started co-hosting American musical reality competition TV series ‘Lip Sync Battle’ along with LL Cool J.
- Meanwhile, she continued to thrive as a model and was introduced to the famous ‘Sports Illustrated’ by American fashion model and actor, Brooklyn Decker. Subsequently, she received her big break in 2010 when she featured in the magazine’s annual publication ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.’ Apart from being featured in the issue, she was also named ‘Rookie of the Year.’ The next four years saw her as an integral part of the issue which included featuring in its 50th anniversary cover in 2014 along with Lily Aldridge and Nina Agdal.
- She also made it to the covers of ‘Cosmopolitan’ and ‘Ocean Drive,’ while being featured in the editorials of other magazines, such as ‘Glamour,’ ‘Italian Vogue,’ ‘Galore,’ and ‘Esquire.’
- Represented by the international model management firm ‘IMG Models,’ Teigen, over the years, has campaigned for several renowned companies and brands, including ‘Nike,’ ‘XOXO,’ ‘Gillette,’ ‘Rock and Republic,’ ‘Olay,’ ‘UGG Australia,’ and ‘Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.’ She was a fashion week correspondent of ‘Beach Bunny Swimwear,’ a brand she also campaigned for.
- A passionate cook, Teigen loves sharing her knowledge on the subject in her blog ‘sodelushious.com.’ She also appeared as a judge on ‘Snack-Off,’ a cooking show on ‘MTV2.’ On February 2013, she appeared alongside her fiancé John Legend on ‘Chrissy Teigen's Hungry,’ a special show where they went on a tasting spree to select their wedding menu.
- She has also been featured on another special show called ‘Cookies and Cocktails.’
- Her cookbook ‘Cravings,’ which released on February 23, 2016, became a ‘New York Times’ bestseller.
- She is also associated with the lifestyle panel talk show ‘FABLife’ as food stylist.
- On October 2017, she came up with a clothing line in collaboration with ‘Revolve.’ In 2018, she released her second book ‘Cravings: Hungry For More.’ She also released a cookware line called ‘Cravings by Chrissy Teigen.’
- In 2019, she was roped in as a judge for the ‘NBC’ comedy competition show ‘Bring the Funny.’ The same year, she was cast in a courtroom comedy series titled ‘Chrissy’s Court.’
- Teigen has also succeeded in creating her own space in social media where she boasts of millions of followers on her Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- Chrissy Teigen was born on November 30, 1985, in Delta, Utah, USA, to Ron Teigen Sr. and Vilailuck Teigen. During her childhood, her family relocated to different places, such as Hawaii, Idaho, and Snohomish, before settling down in Huntington Beach, California.
- She met singer John Legend in 2007 on the sets of the latter’s music video ‘Stereo.’ The two dated for four years and Legend proposed to her on December 2011. He dedicated the song ‘All of Me’ to her, and she was featured in the 2013 music video. The two got married in Como, Italy on September 14, 2013. They welcomed their daughter Luna Simone Stephens on April 14, 2016, and their son Miles Theodore Stephens on May 16, 2018; their children were conceived through in vitro fertilization.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed