Chris Ivery is an American music producer, better known as the husband of Ellen Pompeo of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ fame. Chris's personal life has made more headlines than his professional life. Chris and Ellen have been married for over a decade now and are blessed with three adorable kids. Despite being hit by several rumors and scandals, they are still together and happy with each other. While a lot is known about his relationship with Ellen, very little information is available about his music. He has made a few appearances on TV and has penned the lyrics of the song 'Cheers (Drink To That),' which was featured on the TV series 'Smash.' Chris has a criminal past and has been found guilty of several criminal offenses.
- In the early years of his career, Chris wrote the lyrics of the song 'Cheers (Drink To That),' which was part of the TV show 'Smash.' The song later became a huge hit and helped Chris venture into the music industry.Chris has appeared in an episode of the ‘MTV’ prank reality show 'Punk'd,' in which he pranked his wife. He has also made a guest appearance on the talk show ‘Entertainment Tonight.’In 2017, Chris’s net worth was estimated to be around $10 million. He owns an expensive 'Range Rover' and a beach house in Malibu worth more than six million dollars.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Chris is married to actor Ellen Pompeo, who is famous for her portrayal of ‘Dr. Meredith Grey’ in the popular TV series ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’Chris met Ellen in a Los Angeles grocery store in 2003. They became friends and began dating six months later. Soon, they realized they had a lot in common. For instance, they had both grown up just outside Boston, living just 10 miles away from each other. A few years later, on Ellen’s 37th birthday, Chris popped the question with a 3.5-carat diamond ring.Chris and Ellen got married on November 9, 2007, at ‘City Hall,’ New York. The then New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg served as a legal witness at the wedding.The couple welcomed their bundle of joy, their daughter, Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery, on September 15, 2009. Chris is very fond of styling Stella and has personally designed her baby wardrobe.Chris and Ellen became parents for the second time with the help of surrogacy. In 2014, their second daughter, Sienna May, was born. Their only son, Eli Christopher, was born on December 29, 2016.The Criminal Past
- Chris has a criminal past. He has been convicted of at least 13 criminal offenses in the past, including drug trafficking, forgery, credit-card fraud, postal theft, and probation violations. He has also served imprisonment thrice, which includes one federal imprisonment. However, Chris is now free of all the charges and is a transformed person.Chris’s criminal history started when he was 19 years of age. In 1987, he was arrested for the first time for possession of drugs. He was sentenced to three months of imprisonment. He was again locked up for the same offense, later. Chris served 15 months of imprisonment at a Pennsylvania federal prison, for accepting stolen property. In 1998, he was once again put behind bars for possessing a 10-pound UPS package of marijuana. Six months later, Chris was finally given a clean chit.Chris had revealed about his criminal past to Ellen before they got married. He blamed his difficult childhood spent in the “blue-collar” Boston suburbs for his offenses. She understood his reasoning behind being involved in those crimes and accepted him with his past.Rumors & Controversies
- Chris and Ellen are now together for over a decade. Having encountered several ups and downs in their relationship, they are still together and share a strong marital bond.It was once rumored that Chris had tried to flirt with a young girl during a 'Guns N’ Roses' concert, asking her to go home with him. The rumor surfaced in 2012, after the celebrity news portal ‘Hollywood Life’ published a report regarding it. Soon, there were rumors of Chris’s divorce with Ellen, which, however, were later declared false.Personal Life
- Chris was born on February 7, 1967, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. He attended 'Harvard University.' Both Chris and Ellen are huge fans of the 'Boston Celtics,' an American professional basketball team. They are often seen enjoying basketball and cheering for their favorite team.
How To CiteArticle Title- Chris Ivery BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/chris-ivery-41484.phpLast Updated- June 12, 2018
People Also Viewed