Chris Harris is a well-known British automotive journalist, television presenter and racing driver. He has worked as a writer, editor and reviewer for several high-end magazines such as ‘Autocar’, ‘Evo’, and ‘Jalopnik’ to name a few. Apart from this, he has worked as a presenter for many television series. Not only this! This multi-faceted personality also owns a YouTube channel ‘Chris Harris on Cars’ on which he shares informative content on the subject. Currently, Harris is one of the three lead presenters of the TV series ‘Top Gear’. Starting his career in the automotive industry and beginning with menial labor tasks, Harris worked hard with a steely determination to make it big and attain the level of success that he now enjoys. The British personality has earned considerable fame all across the globe and has successfully created a huge fan base for himself. As of now, Chris Harris has got 172k followers on Twitter and about 258k followers on Instagram. He has also earned over 385k subscribers on his YouTube channel till date.
- Chris Harris started his career in an automotive industry and worked for the ‘Autocar’ magazine, doing various menial labor tasks, such as cleaning ashtrays. After working consistently there, he was promoted to a road-test editor and was allotted the task of writing automotive reviews and regular opinion columns. Harris left ‘Autocar’ magazine in the year 2008 and co-founded a web-based digital platform ‘Drivers Republic’. Unfortunately, the platform shut down a year later and Harris joined the ‘Evo’ magazine as a reviewer/writer. He published his first article on October 12, 2009. Then he partnered with ‘/DRIVE,’ an automotive network and popular YouTube channel, and created an opinion and review YouTube series. This series, called ‘Chris Harris on Cars,’ began to air weekly and consisted of 104 videos which together earned over 3.5 million views in just two years. After this, Harris left the network in the year 2014 and created his own YouTube channel with the same name, ‘Chris Harris on Cars’. Today, his channel has about 385k subscribers and nearly 30 million views. At present, apart from handling his channel, Harris appears on the American TV channel ‘NBCSN’ and reviews cars as well as takes part in automotive related activities.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowAutomotive Racing
- Chris Harris is a talented racer. He won his first race in the year 2000 in a Formula Palmer Audi. He also uploads race-related videos on his channel from time to time.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Television Career
- In 2016, Chris Harris joined the cast of the TV series ‘Top Gear’. He initially served as a recurring presenter but was eventually promoted as the lead presenter after Chris Evans resigned from the show. The same year, Harris’ web series titled ‘Chris Harris on Cars’ was launched on the channel ‘BBC America’.Controversies
- In 2011, Chris Harris was banned from reviewing the Ferrari cars after he wrote an article ‘How Ferrari Spins’. In this article, he criticized the brand and addressed it as ‘profoundly irritating’. Later on, in 2013, the ban was lifted and Harris has reviewed several Ferrari cars since then. The following year, the racing driver was banned from reviewing the Lamborghini cars because of his article ‘Lamborghinis Are The Perfect Cars For People Who Can't Drive’. As a result of this, Lamborghini ended their relationship with Harris and the latter hasn’t officially reviewed any Lamborghini car since then.Personal Life
- Chris Harris was born on January 20, 1975,in the United Kingdom. He grew up in Bristol. His father was an accountant and mother was an autocross racer. Currently, Harris resides in Monmouthshire with his wife and three children. Besides this, no other information related to his personal life is available to the media.
How To CiteArticle Title- Chris Harris BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/chris-harris-32853.phpLast Updated- June 05, 2017
People Also Viewed