Chills or Dylan is a YouTube star, social media influencer, and singer who gained fame for his videos on creepy and macabre topics. With the help of his two channels, the YouTuber has been able to gain a fan following of millions. While both the channels have similar content, it’s his way of narrating that is both popular and rather infamous on the web. He stresses on certain words and slowly drags them while speaking. This has become his trademark narrative style. However, there is no denying the inherent talent of the creator. ‘11 Scariest Things Caught By Drones’, ‘16 Mysterious Creatures Caught on Live TV’, ‘11 Mysterious Videos Caught on Disneyland’ are some of the most popular videos on his ‘Chills’ channel. Similarly, he has gained millions of views for some of the most viewed videos on his ‘Top 15s’ channel. These include ‘Top 15 Scariest Things Caught on Surveillance’, ‘Top 15 Scariest Things Caught on GoPro Camera’, and ‘Top 15 Disturbing 911 Calls’. He has also released hit hip-hop/rap singles like “Sidelined”, “Who Am I Now?”, and “Lifeline”.
- Fans of everything morbid and scary have always been looking for quality content on YouTube. This is where Chills comes in. He started his channel ‘Top 15s’ in 2014. The videos on the channel consist of mysterious, scary, and often disturbing stories collected from the internet. He also narrates the stories behind the incidents. His first video entitled ‘Top 15 TRUE Scary Stories That Will Make You CRINGE’ was posted on December 25, 2014. It has since gained more than 7.3 million views. It’s an astonishing achievement and most of his early videos have more than a million views each.Recommended Lists:
- Chills later admitted that he initially didn’t have proper recording equipment for his videos and lacked confidence in his voice. In spite of that, ‘15 YouTubers That Tragically Died’ published on October 15, 2015, became the most popular video on this channel with more than 18 million views. Additionally, some of his other ‘Top 15’ videos are ‘Top 15 Secret Messages in Live Broadcasts’, ‘Top 15 Scariest Clown Sighting Videos’, and ‘Top 15 Mysteries Solved by YouTubers’, etc. The success of the channel can be ascertained from the 3.2 million followers it has.
- Banking on the success of his first channel he launched his second channel ‘Chills’ in 2016. The first video on this channel entitled ‘9 Disturbing Fairy Tales From Around The World’ was published on June 15, 2016. It gained more than 2.2 million views. It was undoubtedly an immensely successful launch of his second channel. ‘11 Scariest Things Caught By Drones’ published on December 14, 2017, is the most watched video on the channel with more than 73 million views. Additionally, ‘13 Scariest Things Caught on Police Dashcam’, ‘10 Mysterious Giant Creatures Caught on Tape’, and ‘11 YouTubers Who Barely Escaped Alive’ etc. are some of Chills’ most viewed videos on the channel. Surprisingly, this channel gained even more success than his first channel and has more than 4 million subscribers to date. He celebrated the milestone on June 15, 2019, with a special live stream.
- The interesting nature of all his videos has attracted the attention of one and all. This has turned him into one of the most watched YouTubers and a bona fide social media star. However, Chills has also received negative comments from online trolls who hate his voice and slow style of narration. In the video ‘Why Do I Talk Like This? 2 Million Subscriber Special’ published in July 2018, he explained that it was his natural talking style. He also emphasized that the negativity he received initially did affect him, but he pushed through and persevered. He received overwhelming support from fans and that clearly shows in his channels’ growths.
- If that wasn’t enough, Chills also released a mixtape in June 2018. It included hip-hop songs like “All in My Head”, “I Hope You Are Doing Well”, and “Red Eyes”. He even released a music video for his single “Sidelined” on August 9, 2018, which has over 4 million views. The success of his mixtape has inspired him to keep releasing music in 2019, including the singles, “Who Am I Now?” and “Lifeline”. His massive following on Instagram and Twitter have also confirmed his status as a social media influencer. He has used the platforms to raise awareness about issues like suicide, depression, online bullying, etc.
- Chills whose real name is Dylan was born on January 31, 1998, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Nothing else is known about his personal life as he has not revealed that information on social media. He is bisexual but it is not known if he is dating anyone or not.
Chills Fans Also Viewed