Charlie Oldman Biography
Charlie John Oldman is an English model who is the son of Academy-Award-winning actor, Gary Oldman, and his third wife, model and photographer, Donya Fiorentino. Having garnered significant fame for his appearance on the runway at the Saint Laurent show at Paris Men's Fashion Week in 2015, Charlie has become the subject of recent media frenzy because of his rumoured relationship with ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ star Kiernan Shipka. Charlie’s older brother’s name is Gulliver. He has an older half-brother named Alfie from his father’s marriage to actress Lesley Manville. He also has an older half-sister named Phelix Imogen Fincher from his mother’s previous marriage to acclaimed filmmaker David Fincher. In 2001, his parents underwent a messy divorce, during which Fiorentino accused Oldman of substance and alcohol abuse as well as chocking and beating her. The court found these allegations to be false and gave Oldman full custody of both of his sons. In the ensuing years, Fiorentino has attempted to resurrect her assault claims through legal and public means with little success.
- Born on February 11, 1999, in England, Charlie is the youngest of the two sons of Gary Oldman and Donya Fiorentino. His brother Gulliver is about two years older than him. Over the course of his life, Oldman has been married to five women. His first wife was English actress Lesley Manville, to whom he was married from 1987 to 1990. Their son, Charlie’s older half-brother, Alfie was born in 1988. From 1990 to 1992, Oldman was married to American actress and model Uma Thurman. Fiorentino was his third wife. They exchanged wedding vows on February 16, 1997. That marriage lasted until April 13, 2001. Oldman then married jazz and electronica singer Alexandra Edenborough in 2008. They parted ways in 2015. In 2017, he tied the knot with his fifth and current wife, actress Gisele Schmidt.
- Fiorentino was married to American filmmaker David Fincher from 1990 to 1995. They have a daughter together, Charlie’s older half-sister, Phelix Imogen Fincher (born 1994).
- Fiorentino submitted her appeal for a divorce on April 13, 2001, and she and Oldman parted ways on the very day. On 19 May, she made several allegations against him, including those of chocking and beating her in front of Charlie and Gulliver. The police looked into the matter and decided not to charge Oldman, who vehemently refuted all of Fiorentino’s claims. During the divorce proceedings, he denied the veracity of her claims of his substance and alcohol abuse and employment of prostitutes. She again brought up the assault claims and he again rejected them. Oldman asserted that Fiorentino herself was a drug abuser, prompting the authorities to investigate the matter. These assertions were proven true. They also found out that she had overdosed once in front of her daughter Phelix. Oldman was subsequently granted the full custody of both Charlie and Gulliver, and Fiorentino received limited visitation rights under supervised conditions.
- In 2003, Fiorentino decided to revisit the custody case and reiterated all her previous allegations against Oldman. Furthermore, she added several new ones, including the claims of Oldman burning Charlie with a cigarette and drugging Gulliver. Oldman had the support of Fincher, who had won his own custody case against Fiorentino. Oldman once more rejected all the allegations. Eventually, the judge ruled in favour of him and lessened Fiorentino’s visitation rights.
- In early 2018, in the weeks leading up to the Academy Awards, where Oldman was nominated for the Best Actor Award for his performance as Winston Churchill in ‘Darkest Hour’ (2017), Fiorentino revived her allegations against Oldman through tabloid news outlets, citing the “Me Too” movement. She was subsequently blamed for misusing the movement by a representative of Oldman. Gulliver released a statement, in which he dubbed his mother “sad and troubled” and revealed that “I was there at the time of the 'incident', so I'd like to make this radiantly clear: it didn't happen.” Oldman was awarded the Oscar that year, but his win was controversial for several reasons, including the allegations.
- Neither Charlie nor Gulliver seem to have much contact with Fiorentino. They were both raised predominantly by their father.
- In June 2015, Charlie was featured on the runway at the Saint Laurent show at Paris Men's Fashion Week, alongside actor Pierce Brosnan’s son, Dylan Brosnan. He appeared in the music video for C-Tru’s 2018 track ‘California Party’, which featured Snoop Dogg and Lysee J. Besides modelling, he is also interested in music and art.
- In March 2019, several publications reported that Charlie was spotted together with actress Kiernan Shipka, who portrays Sabrina Spellman in Netflix’s supernatural horror series, ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’, outside of the Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood. They apparently had dined together before embarking on a stroll arm-in-arm through the streets. According to a witness, they looked happy. This has given way to speculations that they are in a relationship. However, nothing has been yet confirmed nor denied by either party.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed