Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Charlene Heineken
Born Country: Netherlands
Born in: Amsterdam
Famous as: Businesswoman
Spouse/Ex-: Michel de Carvalho
father: Freddy Heineken
mother: Lucille Cummins-Heineken
City: Amsterdam, Netherlands
education: Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar, University of Leiden
Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken is a Dutch-English businesswoman. She is best known as the daughter of industrialist Freddy Heineken and a co-owner of the world's second-largest brewing company, Heineken International. This firm has more than 170 premium brands in 70 countries. In 2018, Charlene Heineken was ranked the richest woman in the UK by the Sunday Times Rich List, with a net worth of £11.1 billion. A graduate of Leiden University, she is a well-educated lady. She has a law degree and is also adept in business management. Heineken is hard working, determined, and disciplined and these qualities make her one of the top businesswomen across the globe. She is a private person and doesn’t share much about her personal life with the media. Along with being an ambitious businesswoman, she is also a family-oriented lady who is deeply committed to her husband and five children. She is extremely benevolent and supports several charitable causes and non-profit organizations.
- Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken owns a 25% controlling stake in the brewing company Heineken. She also serves as an executive director at the company. Heineken became the agency’s co-owner after the death of her father, Freddy Heineken, in 2002. Freddy himself had inherited Heineken International’s assets from his grandfather, Gerard Adriaan Heineken and had served as the CEO and chairman of the company between 1971 and 1989.
- Heineken International is known for its production of local, regional, and international specialty beers and ciders. Having over 73,000 employers, it is the second largest brewer in the world. The agency has over 170 premium brands in around 70 countries.
- Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken was born on 30 June 1954 in Amsterdam, Netherlands, as the only child to Freddy Heineken and Lucille Cummins. Her father was a Dutch industrialist and her mother was an American who belonged to a family of bourbon whiskey distillers. Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken was educated at the Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar. She later studied law at Leiden University.
- Coming to her love life, the businesswoman is married to Michel de Carvalho. He is the director and financier of Citigroup. The couple had first met on a ski holiday in Switzerland. A former actor, he has also served as a member of the supervisory board of Heineken NV. The couple lives in London and has five children. One of their children is Alexander de Carvalho, who is a non-executive member of the board at Heineken. The details regarding the businesswoman’s other children are not available on the web. Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken likes photography, architecture, and music. She divides her time between Switzerland and London.
- Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken’s father Freddy was once kidnapped along with his driver. He was released only after his family paid a ransom of 16 million euros to the kidnappers.
- She is a part of the exclusive Corviglia Ski Club located at St. Moritz, Switzerland.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed