Chiara Ferragni Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Born in: Cremona
Famous as: Fashion Blogger, Businesswoman
father: Marco Ferragni
mother: Marina Di Guardo
children: Leone Lucia
Partner: Fedez (2016–)
education: Bocconi University School of Law
Chiara Ferragni is an Italian blogger, fashion businesswoman, and model. She has collaborated with many leading fashion and beauty brands, including Pantene and Tod's as an influencer through her blog, ‘The Blonde Salad.’ She is also known for her eponymous shoe line, ‘Chiara Ferragni Collection.’ She started her blog in her early 20s and within a couple of years, she was introduced as "One of the biggest breakout street-style stars of the year" by ‘New York’ magazine. With time, her blog earned considerable attention and she received several ‘blogger of the year’ recognitions. She topped the list of most powerful fashion influencers of Forbes in September 2017. Her shoe line and blog became a case study at Harvard Business School. She also became the first fashion blogger to grace the cover of any Vogue issue. Such feat led her to feature on covers of more than 50 other fashion magazines. Over the years, she collaborated with high-profile brands like Chanel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Louis Vuitton, and Christian Dior. She has also amassed millions of followers on her Instagram account ‘chiaraferragni.’
- She was born on May 7, 1987, in Cremona, Italy, to dentist Marco Ferragni and writer Marina Di Guardo of Sicilian origin. Her two younger sisters Valentina and Francesca have also evolved as social media sensations, while the latter is also a dentist like her father.
- There is not much information available on her early childhood and education. Influenced by her mother, she developed interest in fashion and photography at an early age.
- In October 2009, Chiara launched her blog ‘The Blonde Salad.’ At that time she was pursuing her law studies at the Bocconi University in Milan. As the name suggests, the blog features contents of varied interests, including food, travel, and beauty. However, the eventual rise and success of Chiara in making her presence felt in the world of fashion led ‘The Blonde Salad’ to become more of a fashion blog.
- She was introduced as "One of the biggest breakout street-style stars of the year" by the ‘New York’ magazine in March 2011. Her blog was gradually gaining attention and by the end of 2011, it was successful in garnering around 12 million views a month and over a million unique viewers.
- In December 2011, the US magazine ‘Teen Vogue’ profiled her as the ‘Blogger Of The Moment.’ She also walked the red carpet during the 64th ‘Cannes Film Festival.’
- By 2013, Chiara had won several blogger of the year recognitions. Since 2013, her name is listed among ‘500 most influential fashion people in the Business of Fashion blog,’ founded by Canadian-British fashion expert Imran Amed.
- In November 2013, she modelled for the American clothing brand and retailer ‘Guess’. The shoot was thereafter used as an advertising campaign.
- In December 2013, she came up with an eBook written in Italian language. The book, consisting of fashion advice and style tips, is named after her blog, ‘The Blonde Salad.’ The same month she also collaborated with American fashion designer and businessman Steve Madden in designing a spring 2014 9-shoe collection.
- On June 21, 2014, she appeared as one of the presenters of the ‘TRL Awards,’ along with Pif and Alessandro Betti. The event was held at ‘Parco delle Cascine’ (Cascine Park) in Florence, Italy. In August that year she featured as guest judge in Season 13 of the American reality television series ‘Project Runway.’ She also guest featured in ‘Chiambretti Night,’ an Italian variety show.
- In 2014, the business ventures of Chiara grossed around $8 million, a substantial part of which came from her shoe line ‘Chiara Ferragni Collection.’ On September 7 that year she earned the ‘Bloglovin' Award’ while her blog was named ‘Best Personal Style Blog.’
- Her blog and footwear line became a case study at the prestigious ‘Harvard Business School’ in January 2015. She was listed in the ‘Forbes 30 Under 30’ that year.
- In 2015, she also accomplished the feat of becoming the first fashion blogger to feature on any Vogue cover when she was chosen to grace the cover of that year’s April issue of ‘Vogue España.’ Following such achievements, Chiara went on to grace the cover of more than 50 fashion magazines. That year she also fetched the ‘Bloglovin' Award Blogger of the Year.’
- She was named the new global ambassador of Pantene in January 2016. Amazon Fashion made her the face of its ‘Spring 2016’ campaign and also the European ambassador of the brand.
- In September 2016, the American multinational toy manufacturing company ‘Mattel Inc.’ came up with a Barbie version of Chiara. While one was given an entirely Chanel look, the attire of the other included a white T-shirt, black leather jacket and jeans, complimented with Chiara Ferragni Collection footwear.
- She came up with her first Chiara Ferragni Collection store on July 26, 2017, in Milan. In October that year, the Italian clothing label ‘intimissimi’ came up with its fourth edition of ‘Intimissimi on ice’ in the Verona Arena, which had costumes designed by Chiara.
- She was named as one of "the most influential moms in the fashion industry” by ‘Footwear News’ in May 2018.
- Apart from her blog, Chiara is also popular on social media platforms, particularly on Instagram. Her Instagram account ‘chiaraferragni’ has a whooping count of over 12 million followers, while her Twitter account ‘chiaraferragni’ has more than 380 K followers.
- On May 6, 2017, she got engaged to Italian rapper and singer Federico Leonardo Lucia, famous by his stage name ‘Fedez,’ during his concert in Verona, Italy, which was aired live on the Italian radio and TV channel RTL 102.5.
- The couple lives in Los Angeles, California. They were blessed with a son, Leone, born on March 19, 2018.
- Chiara’s dog, Matilda, born on July 21, 2010, has become an Instagram sensation after the latter made her Instagram debut in November 2012, with a post titled "I hate winter time". Matilda’s Instagram account has already amassed over 270 K followers.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed