Chanel West Coast Biography
Chanel West Coast is a famous American entertainer who has gained prominence as a rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, model and television personality. Born as Chelsea Chanel Dudley, she is known internationally by her stage name Chanel West Coast. Born to a DJ father, the love for music came in naturally to Chanel. As such, from an early age, Chanel aimed to make her mark in the field of entertainment. In 2009, she found herself a role of a model cum receptionist in MTV's ‘Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory’. The show became a major hit and gave Chanel a celebrity status. Such was the positive reception of the show that its second season followed soon after. In 2015, she starred in the seventh season of the show which premiered on January 1st and ended on March 5th. Following the success of ‘Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory’, Chanel was cast in ‘Ridiculousness’ which was also equivalently successful. Meanwhile, her music career also took off as she released the mixtape ‘Now You Know’ and was one of the contributors to the compilation album ‘Young Money: Rise of an Empire’.
- Chanel West Coast was born as Chelsea Chanel Dudley on September 1, 1988 in Los Angeles, California. Her parents lived separately due to which Chanel spent her time between North Hollywood where her mother lived and New York City with her father.
- Chanel’s father was a DJ by profession. As such, at a young age, Chanel developed an interest in music. She accompanied her father to various nightclubs throughout the city, where he played as a DJ. Young Chanel also took singing and dancing lessons.
- Chanel West Coast’s career in television started as early as in 2009. Television personality and celebrity figure Rob Dyrdek offered her a position as a receptionist on the MTV reality series ‘Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory’. In it, she played the character of a young and reckless model who takes up the position of a receptionist and secretary at the Fantasy Factory.
- ‘Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory’ was a major hit that it was renewed for a second season. The second season was even a bigger hit which eventually led to the 12-episode third season which premiered in 2010 and the fourth season in 2011.
- Just as her career in television kicked off, Chanel began her tryst in music. In 2009, she began recording music by collaborating with numerous artists. Her early projects include the song ‘Melting Like Ice Cream’ with Tiffanie Anderson, ‘Tramp’ with rapper Somaya Reece and ‘PHAMOUS with Midi Mafia.
- In 2011, West Coast announced that she had signed with Polow Da Don on the latter’s record label Zone 4. However, she left the label without releasing any work. She instead started releasing her own material for free download online, later recording a music video for the song ‘I Love Money’.
- Chanel made a guest appearance as Sheila in an episode of the MTV series ‘The Hard Times of RJ Berger’ in 2011. This marked the first time Chanel was playing a character other than herself onscreen.
- She was cast in the lead role for the series ‘Ridiculousness’. On the show, she shared screen space with Dyrdek and Sterling ‘Steelo’ Brim. Her role involved reviewing online internet videos.
- The year 2012 was a busy one for Chanel. She was signed by Lil Wayne to his label Young Money Entertainment. The following year, she released her mixtape ‘Now You Know’ featuring Evan Ross, French Montana, Snoop Dogg and Robin Thicke. To promote her mixtape, she undertook two headlining tours, the Punch Drunk Love Tour and Now You Know Tour. At around the same time, she released a music video ‘Been On’ featuring French Montana.
- On the acting front, she appeared in the fifth season of ‘Fantasy Factory’ and later reprised her character in the second season of ‘Ridiculousness’. Concurrently, she began to voice the character of Flipz in the animated series ‘Wild Grinders’.
- In 2013, West Coast continued to voice the character of Flipz. She also appeared on the third season of ‘Ridiculousness’ and the sixth season of ‘Fantasy Factory’. Meanwhile, the fourth season of Ridiculousness premiered on January 2, 2014.
- In 2014, Chanel announced that she had begun recording her debut studio album. In January, she released her first single ‘Blueberry Chills’ featuring Honey Cocaine. She soon followed it up with a second single ‘New Feeling’ the same month. Later in October, Chanel released the third single ‘Miles and Miles’ for which she provided the vocals.
- In 2014, Young Money Entertainment released their second compilation album ‘Young Money: Rise of an Empire’ in which Chanel contributed along with other artists including Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga, and Christina Milian. It debuted at number seven on the Billboard Hot 200 chart, selling more than thirty thousand copies in its first week itself.
- In 2015, Chanel released a new song that was featured on ‘Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory’ called ‘Bass In The Trunk’.
- Chanel West Coast’s most prominent work came in as an actress when she clutched the role of a model-receptionist in celebrity figure Rob Dyrdek’s MTV reality series ‘Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory’. The show shared a unanimous appeal amongst the critics and the audience and was lauded for its unique concept and perfect portrayal. Its super successful reception led to its eventual seasons.
- Following the stupendous success of ‘Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory’, Chanel was cast in the lead role in ‘Ridiculousness’. The show gained popularity amongst the audience and its second, third and fourth seasons soon followed up with Chanel reprising her role as online internet video reviewer.
- There isn’t much information about Chanel’s personal life involving her love affairs, marital status or family life. However it is believed that she is dating Liam Horne. She is said to have previously dated Chris Pfaff.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed