Byron Langley Biography
Byron Langley is a South African actor, model, and cricketer. He is best known for his role of ‘Simon Brown’ in the 'Spud' franchise. He has appeared in the first three parts of the film series. Byron has also been part of a few modeling campaigns for 'Ice Models' and 'Full Circle Models.' Before venturing into acting, Byron played professional cricket. He began playing at the 'Futura Sports Agency' and later became a prominent player in the 'Berea Rovers Cricket Club.' He participated in the 'Last Man Stands World Championships.' Byron has an active presence on social media and owns two 'YouTube' channels. He is also a member of an indie rock band named 'Cat and the Cuckoo.'
- In his early days, Byron played professional cricket. He always wanted to become a cricketer. He started playing as an inaugural sponsored player at the 'Futura Sports Agency.' On the agency’s recommendation, the 'Berea Rovers Sports Club' in Durban granted Byron a scholarship for a year. Playing as an opening bowler for the 'Berea Rovers,' Byron eventually emerged as one of the top players on the team. His incredible performances caught the attention of the director of cricket at the 'Berea Rovers,' Paddy Steytler. After Byron’s exceptional performance against 'Cornwood CC' during a UK tour, Paddy negotiated with the club to include Byron as an overseas player for their next season. Byron was acquired by the club for the 'Devon Premier League' the following year. He participated in the 'Last Man Stands World Championships' in 2013. Acting Career
- Byron began his stint as an actor while playing English club cricket. He also worked as a model with several renowned brands such as 'Mr. Price TVC.' He was part of the 'Summer Identity Campaign' of 'Truworths.' Byron worked with modeling agencies such as 'Ice Models' and 'Full Circle Models.' He was later made the brand ambassador for the clothing brand 'Totam Clothing.'
- Byron made his acting debut with the 2010 comedy movie 'Spud.' The film featured him as ‘Simon Brown,’ a sporty child with a huge passion for cricket. He later appeared in the second instalment, 'The Madness Continues' (2013), and the third instalment, 'Learning to Fly' (2014), too. Prior to this, Byron had appeared in the supporting role of ‘Kevin’ in the 2011 South African drama film 'Otelo Burning.' The same year, he had acted in his first professional play, 'Matric Rage.' In 2018, Byron appeared as ‘Warren’ in the romantic-comedy film 'The Kissing Booth.' He was also seen in a brief role in the fact-based TV movie 'The Dating Game Killer.'
- Byron also plays the drums in 'Cat and the Cuckoo,' an indie rock ‘n’ roll band from Cape Town.
- Byron owns a self-titled 'YouTube' channel where he often posts vlogs, storytimes, and reaction videos. He once posted a reaction video on his role in ‘The Kissing Booth.’ The channel has earned him over 116 thousand subscribers to date. He also owns a collaborative channel with "YouTuber" Thomas Willows titled 'Langers and Mash.' The channel primarily hosts skits and songs and has earned around 34 thousand subscribers to date. Byron has an 'Instagram' page, too, which has over 290 thousand followers.
- Byron R Langley was born on July 1, 1993, in Durban, South Africa. He has an elder brother named Bevan Langley, who is a professional surfer. Byron also has a sister named Mel. He currently lives in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Byron attended 'Glenwood High School' in Durban. His mother influenced him to develop a keen interest in art-inspired doodling. In high school, he created a comic strip named 'Nibbs.' Byron later graduated from the 'University of KwaZulu-Natal' with a BA degree in drama and management.
- Byron’s interest in drumming became evident when he was a toddler. Growing up, his interest in drumming also made him learn the guitar, and since then, he has been playing both the instruments. Byron also loves surfing, filmmaking, and photography. Although Byron is not a great cook, he makes amazing chocolate brownies. He even started a chocolate brownie empire at school. Byron loves to travel, and his favorite holiday destination is Zavora in Mozambique. He loves snacking on chip and triple cheese roties from 'Johnnys Rotis' in Durban.
- Byron enjoys watching rugby and Test cricket. His all-time favorite movie is the 2010 American psychological thriller 'Shutter Island.' Byron’s favorite 'English Premier League' team is 'Newcastle.'
- Byron is in a relationship with Camilla Wolfson, with whom he often posts pictures on his 'Instagram' page.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed