Lara Stone is one of the famous names from the fashion world, who has been in the glamour business for many years. Lara entered the industry when she was barely 15 years old. Even at such a young age she managed to impress people from the glamour world, and the rest as they say, was history. Stone modelled for some of the world’s best brands such as ‘Louis Vuitton’, ‘Calvin Klein’, and ‘Dolce & Gabbana’. Her collaboration with ‘Calvin Klein’, in particular, made the fashion world stand up and notice the young model. Stone has also frequently appeared in several famous fashion magazines. In her long career, Stone has managed to become one of the top earning models of the fashion industry. Many considered her looks to be unconventional. Her tooth gapped smile was actually appreciated by people, and was considered to be an important factor that added to her sex appeal. Stone is one of the few models who hates walking on the ramps, and prefers being clicked. Even though many younger models have entered the fashion world, Stone’s reputation continues to be unaffected.
- Lara Stone was born on 20 December 1983, in the Dutch town of Mierlo. Her father was of British descent, and her mother hailed from the Netherlands.When she was 12 years old, Stone went on a holiday with her parents. Co-incidentally, someone from the fashion industry first noticed her at the metro train in Paris, during this vacation period.In 1999, Stone participated in the ‘Elite Model Look’ Competition. She was barely 15-years-old at the time. Though Stone didn’t win the event, she managed to grab the attention of the folks from ‘Elite Model Agency’. The show officially started Stone’s modelling career.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After working with ‘Elite Model Agency’ for a period of seven years, Stone joined the agency ‘IMG models’, in 2006. The agency is a division of the famous fashion and media company ‘IMG Worldwide’.Her first assignment after joining the agency was a ramp walk for the Italian designer Ricardo Tisci. She was draped in an attire of the brand ‘Givenchy’ for this maiden 2006 show for the agency ‘IMG’. Later that year, she was also a part of the show for the popular designer brand ‘Calvin Klein’.She appeared in one of the issues of the world-famous ‘Vogue’ magazine, in 2007. Her picture grabbed a lot of attention from the readers of the magazine. The public demand helped Stone appear on the cover of ‘Vogue’ for the month of April that year.Since then, Stone has worked for various designers such as ‘Isabel Marant’, ‘Christopher Kane’, ’Louis Vuitton’, ‘Dolce & Gabbana’ and ‘Max Mara’.In 2008, Stone promoted famous brands such as ‘Just Cavalli’, ‘H&M’, and ‘Belstaff’ through her Spring/Summer campaign. In the same year, she was also one among the few models selected for the September issue of the American fashion magazine ‘V’.The very next year she bagged the opportunity of being one of the models for the ‘Pirelli Calendar’. The photo shoot of this popular calendar also included supermodels like Randal Moore, Mariacarla Boscono, Emanuela de Paula, Malgosia Bela, Daria Werbowy, and many others.Lara Stone appeared on the cover of the American edition of the magazine ‘Vogue’ in May 2009. The theme of the photo shoot was ‘Faces of the moment’, and Stone shared the honour along with several other models such as Liya Kebede, Anna Jagodzinska, Caroline Trentini, Jourdan Dunn, and Raquel Zimmermann.Continue Reading BelowIn October 2009, she appeared on the French edition of the ‘Vogue’ magazine with a blackened body. This appearance made stone the centre of controversy in France.2010 proved to be an eventful year for Lara Stone. She first grabbed the chance to be photographed as the model of the perfume ‘Infusion d’Iris’, a product of the brand Prada. She also endorsed several world-famous brands such as ‘Louis Vuitton’, ‘Versus’, and ‘Jagger’.The very next year she again appeared in the ‘Pirelli Calendar’. Stone was approached in 2013 by the French cosmetic brand ‘L’oreal’, to promote their products.Major Works
- Though Stone has participated in many ramp walks, photo shoots, and has endorsed many brands, the biggest achievement of her career was the deal she struck with ‘Calvin Klein’. The reputed designer brand signed the model for endorsing three of their products, namely ‘Calvin Klein Collection’, ‘ck Calvin Klein’ and ‘Calvin Klein Jeans’. This feat helped Stone grab the limelight.Awards & Achievements .
- In the list ‘Top 50 Models’, which comprised of models who were at the peak of their careers during the period 2010 to 2012, Stone bagged the #1 position.She was voted No. 7 in the list of ‘World’s Top Earning Models’. The list was compiled by the ‘Forbes Magazine’ during the year 2010-11.She bagged the 9th position in the ‘Top Sexiest Models List’.Personal Life & Legacy
- A 2009 publication of ‘Vogue UK’ had stated that Stone was addicted to alcohol during that time, and even got admitted to a rehabilitation centre to get over her drinking problem.Lara Stone started seeing David Williams, a British comedian, in 2009. After a year of courtship, Stone and David tied the knot in 2010. The couple has a son named ‘Alfred’.Trivia
- Though she’s a famous model, Stone had once confessed that she didn’t really enjoy walking on the ramp. In fact, she even used to chant ‘Do not fall, do not fall’, during her ramp walk, in a bid to prevent any kind of embarrassment.
How To CiteArticle Title- Lara Stone BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/lara-stone-5535.phpLast Updated- November 03, 2017
People Also Viewed