Bryson Tiller Biography
Girlfriend: Kendra Bailey
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Bryson Djuan Tiller
Born in: Louisville, Kentucky
Famous as: Rapper
Spouse/Ex-: Mareka Bivens
children: Harley Loraine Tiller
City: Louisville, Kentucky
Bryson Tiller is an American rapper, singer and songwriter who gained much fame following the release of his first ever single, "Don't", which peaked at #13 on the Billboard Hot 100. He rose to further prominence following the release of his song "Exchange" from his debut album ‘Trapsoul.’ The single peaked at #26 on the Billboard Hot 100 and even earned him a Grammy nomination. His second album, ‘True to Self,’ became his first No.1 album in the country. Born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, he entered the entertainment industry with the dream of becoming a songwriter. However, he initially took up singing and rapping projects and later tried his luck in songwriting, eventually tasting success there as well. Tiller, who feels that he needs to live through certain experiences to write his songs, has written many soulful songs as of now. From working at a pizza shop during his days of struggle to becoming one of the most successful singers in the American entertainment industry today, he has come a long way and serves as an inspiration for many young talents.
- Bryson Djuan Tiller was born on January 2, 1993 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. He has four brothers, including a younger brother named Eric.
- At the age of four he lost his mother and was subsequently raised by his grandmother.
- He studied at Iroquois High School and began singing and rapping at the age of 15.
- In 2011, Bryson Tiller recorded a mixtape called ‘Killer Instinct Vol.1.’ After releasing the mixtape, he took a break from music.
- In October 2014, he uploaded his debut single titled "Don't" to SoundCloud. This song was released on iTunes in May 2015. It eventually tasted success, peaking at #13 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- After the success of the song, Tiller partnered with RCA Records and went on to release his debut album, ‘Trapsoul’ on October 2, 2015. The album debuted at #11 on US Billboard 200 and later peaked at #8. Its second track "Exchange" peaked at #26 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and eventually earned the singer a Grammy nomination.
- Tiller next released "Sorry Not Sorry" as the third single from his album. In 2015, he also co-wrote a song called "Proof" for Chris Brown's studio album ‘Royalty.’
- In 2016, he embarked on the Trapsoul Tour. In May that year, he made his US TV debut appearance, performing the song "Exchange" on the show ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers.’
- On June 26, 2016, the American singer/songwriter performed at the BET Awards. He also received awards for the Best Male R&B/Pop Artist and Best New Artist in the same ceremony.
- He was featured in DJ Khaled’s "Ima Be Alright” alongside rapper Future in July 2016. Then in September, he appeared in "First Take" by Travis Scott. He next released three songs titled "Honey", "Get Mine" and "Somethin Tells Me".
- In June 2017, Tiller signed a deal with Nike Inc. to help build a new Wyandotte Park for kids. The same month, he again collaborated with DJ Khaled for his song "Wild Thoughts" for the latter’s tenth album ‘Grateful.’ This track became an instant success, debuting at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart as well as peaking at #1 on the UK Singles Chart.
- In August 2017, he released a collaborative track with Jazmine Sullivan titled "Insecure". The song served as title track for HBO’s popular series of the same name.
- In January 2018, he performed the song “Wild Thoughts" alongside DJ Khaled and Rihanna at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. Tiller later collaborated with Tory Lanez for the song "Keep in Touch".
- Currently, he is busy with his upcoming song “Canceled". Its release date is yet to be announced.
- Bryson Tiller’s second studio album titled ‘True to Self’ became a major hit. The album featured superhit singles like "Run Me Dry" and "Self-Made" along with other songs including "Don't Get Too High", "We Both Know", "Blowing Smoke", and "No Longer Friends." The album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart and eventually acquired Gold certification by RIAA.
- Bryson Tiller has a daughter named Harley with a woman named Mareka Bivens. He loves spending time with his daughter. He also frequently posts adorable photos of the two together on Instagram.
- He began dating social media personality Kendra Bailey in 2018.
- Tiller has cited the legendary singer Omarion to be his biggest influence. He has also been inspired by the popular singers The-Dream, Lil Wayne, R. Kelly, Drake and Chris Brown.
- Before gaining fame, Bryson Tiller often slept in his car during his days of struggle and homelessness.
- His show at London's KOKO sold out in seconds, leaving many of his fans disappointed!
How To Cite
People Also Viewed