Brooke Adee Biography
Brooke Adee is an aspiring American pop singer and songwriter, who gained fame when she took part in season eight of the singing competition show,‘The Voice’ on NBC network. She also posts cover songs on her self-titled YouTube channel, which she had created on November 25, 2009. She has garnered 45k subscribers and 1 million views, as of June 2018. Inspired by ‘Annie’, a Broadway musical based on Harold Gray’s ‘Little Orphan Annie’, she developed a passion for music in her childhood. Originally from Austin, Texas, the live music capital of the world, Brooke had started performing live when she was just 13. She aspires to pursue a career in music and venture into the entertainment industry soon. Her social media presence has helped her to showcase her music to a wider international audience.
- The Broadway musical ‘Annie’, which she saw with her parents at the Fox Theater in Atlanta when she was seven years old, deeply influenced Brooke Adee. Soon, she started singing and writing her own songs and decided that she would pursue a career in singing. She started performing in front of live audiences when she was 13 years old. She continues to give live performances across the US.
- When she was 11, she created her YouTube channel and uploaded her cover songs. She collaborated with MattyB, an American singer from Atlanta, on a cover of Iggy Azalea's ‘Fancy’. Since 2017, she has been posting her original songs, with her friends playing the guitar and other instruments for her.
- She has also started acting, and in 2013, was seen in the short drama ‘Absent,’ based on a true story by Missy Stowell. She appeared in the comedy and musical TV series ‘Keller Nation’ in 2014, and in the music video of ‘MattyB: Right Now I'm Missing You’ in 2015, along with her sister Ashley Adee and Lisa Finlayson.
- In 2015, she competed in NBC's singing competition ‘The Voice’ (season eight). She was in Team Blake. In her audition, she sang ‘Skinny Love’ by Birdy, and impressed judges Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. They referred to her as “a future star.” At the show, she called her music style indie-alternative. She loves deep, emotional, and slow music.
- Brooke Adee was born on September 18, 1998, in Austin, Texas, the USA. Her mother is Teresa Adee. She has two younger sisters, Ashley and Carissa, and a younger brother Austin. Carissa is also a singer, who gained fame after collaborating with MattyB on a cover of ‘She Looks So Perfect.’ Brooke moved to Atlanta, Georgia, with her family when she was two years old.
- She was always passionate about music and she sang and acted in school plays, theater companies, and other events from her childhood. She also performed at a Mexican and an Italian restaurant and got big tips.
- On her official site, she has stated that she is thankful to her parents, family, and God, who have supported her in pursuing her dreams. When her mother was diagnosed with Lupus, and couldn’t bear the cold weather of Georgia, they moved to Florida in 2015.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed