Brittany Raymond Biography
Nick Name: Britt, B-Ray, Gremlin
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Brittany Lynn Raymond
Born in: Ontario, Canada
Famous as: Actress
father: John Raymond
mother: Paula Ventura-Raymond
siblings: Naomi and Lochlan, Samantha
education: Mayfield Secondary School (2013)
Brittany Raymond is a Canadian actress and dancer, who made the heads turn with her brilliant portrayal of the character of ‘Riley’ in teen drama series ‘The Next Step’. Passionate about dance from childhood, she began training in various dance forms like Tap, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Jazz and Acro. After she won the title of ‘Canada’s Favourite Dancer’, she got offers to work in feature films and television and made her television debut in 2013. Apart from acting, she also teaches at the Joanne Chapman’s School of Dance. Being passionate about dance, she has spent time promoting youth in the field of dance and has been associated with organizations like Ignite Chance Dance Champs, Youthcode Code and Bayview Foundation.
- At a young age, Brittany Raymond won the title of ‘Canada’s Favourite Dancer’. At the age of 16, she started her career with a role in the series ‘Katie Chats’. Identifying her talent for dancing she was offered a role of ‘Riley’ in the Canadian teen television series ‘The Next Step’. This series which premiered in 2013 involved the story of a dance group, in which Britanny played the lead role alongside actor Trevor Tordjman. She made her theatre debut in 2014, with Ross Petti’s pantomime ‘The Little Mermaid’. She portrayed the role of ‘Eris’. In 2015, she starred in the feature film ‘The Next Step: Live’. The same year she made several appearances in the television series ‘Lost & Found Music Studios’.
- An accomplished dancer, Brittany Raymond teaches at the Joanne Chapman’s School of Dance. Her dance styles of interest are Hip Hop and Contemporary. She is also good at Jazz, Tap and Ballet. As part of her dance career, she had had the opportunity to work with established artists like Shawn Desman, Nelly Furtado, Aleesia, Anjulie and Basshunter.
- Brittany Raymond has been nominated twice for the Canadian Screen Awards in the ‘Children's or Youth Program or Series’ category, at the 3rd Canadian Screen Awards in 2015 and at the 5th Canadian Screen Awards in 2017. She won the award in 2017 for ‘The Next Step’.
- Brittany Raymond was born on 24 February 1995, at Brampton, Ontario, to John Raymond and Paula Ventura Raymond. She has three siblings; older sister Samantha and twins Naomi and Lochlan. Brittany Raymond was interested in dance from a very young age and began taking part in competitive dance shows from when she was as young as six years.
- As a child, she was interested in basketball as well as dance, however, at a later stage when she had to focus on one of the two, she chose to pursue dancing. Her favourite movie is ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’. She is also known to enjoy the music of pop bands, such as One Direction, Hedley and Adele.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed