Boonk Gang Biography
John Robert Hill, Jr. is an American rapper, Instagrammer, and social media influencer. He is more popular by his online username Boonk Gang. It was his mother who gave him the nickname. Initially, he disliked it; however, after deciding to pursue fame through social media, he adopted it as his moniker. His early content was mostly rap videos but then he started making comedy sketches as well. Inspired by fellow Instagrammer Fatboy SSE, he created some of the most controversial videos that exist on the internet today. He made a name for himself by stealing food, watches, and other items from stores, recording the incidents and posting the videos online. Predictably, his stunts garnered the attention of the authorities and he was forced to spend a short while in prison. In March 2018, he released his debut mixtape, ‘Dat Boonk Gang Shit’. Known for his penchant for courting controversy, he once gained much notoriety for posting a full-on sex tape featuring himself and a girl on social media.
- At the age of 18, Boonk Gang landed his first job. It was at a Popeye’s Chicken restaurant. Whatever spare time he had at the time, he spent it on making comedy sketches. He would get around two thousand views per video. His then-girlfriend was not at all supportive of his endeavours and would often tell him that he would not amount to anything. As a result, Boonk deleted all his previous Facebook posts. Ultimately, he broke up with the woman and went to Miami to move in with his mother once more. When he was involved in sports as a youngster, he drew inspiration from the career of former quarterback Michael Vick. As a musician, he lists Tee Grizzley, Blac Youngsta, Trippie Redd, and YFN Lucci as his idols.
- However, it was the career of Fatboy SSE that truly fascinated him. He realised that Fatboy was an aspiring rapper as well. Encouraged, Boonk decided to use social media as the vehicle for his music. He did not like Snapchat and had already used Facebook, so he eventually settled on Instagram. Soon after he joined the platform, he started to see a steady rise in his follower count.
- One day, while doing a live session with his fans at a Wendy’s restaurant, he asked his fans to suggest something they had never seen before. They told him to steal from a fast food restaurant. He did just that. His first target was Popeye’s Chicken, his previous employer. In the ensuing years, he stole food from other fast food restaurants; watches, including a fake Rolex; money; and other things. He was arrested several times for his antics. In May 2017, the Miami police arrested him for stealing doughnuts from a Dunkin Donuts restaurant. Charged with burglary and petty theft, he was sentenced by the presiding judge to probation. Furthermore, Boonk was apprehended in September 2017 and March 2018 on the suspicion of possessing assault weapons and illegal narcotics. In July 2018, his Instagram account was closed after he posted videos of him having sexual intercourse.
- A video game has been made on Boonk. Titled ‘Boonk Gang: The Video Game’, it was released in September 2017. On March 18, 2018, he put out his debut extended play ‘‘Dat Boonk Gang Shit’’. Comprised of 12 tracks, it was released independently.
- Boonk Gang was born on August 3, 1996, in Jacksonville, Florida, to John Robert Hill, Sr. and Simona Ariella Faust. He was conceived when his mother was 16 years old and his father was 21 years old. However, they later parted ways and went on to marry other people. Boonk has 14 siblings, eight through his father and six through his mother.
- Simona subsequently married a man named Dirk Marshal William, Jr., who served as the father figure for Boonk as he grew up. At the time of his birth, his mother nicknamed him Boonk, believing it to be a slang term for weed laced with cocaine. Years later, after he became famous, the word came to have a new meaning: causing a public nuisance by recording while stealing things from a store and subsequently running away from the said store.
- He was an aspiring athlete as a youth, playing both football and baseball. During this period, he also became interested in rapping and started composing tracks. He attended a private Christian school and was in the track, football, and baseball teams.
- When he was 14 years old, he lost his stepfather to cancer. After this, the family relocated to Clermont, a city near Orlando, but did not stay there for a long period. At the age of 15, he recorded his first song. Boonk also became involved in criminal activities. His financial situation was so bad that he had to rob people to get by. Boonk did not leave high school with a diploma. Instead, he only received a certificate of completion. When he turned 18, his mother threw him out of her house.Boonk has a son, born sometime in early or mid-2018.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed