Bonnie Wright Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born in: London, United Kingdom
Famous as: Actress
father: Gary Wright
mother: Sheila Teague
siblings: Lewis Wright
City: London, England
education: London College of Communication (2012), King Alfred School, London
Bonnie Francesca Wright is a multi-talented British actress, model and director mostly famous for her acting in ‘Harry Potter’ series of films. Francesca was selected for the character ‘Ginny Weasley’ in the ‘Harry Potter’ series. She had gone for the auditions for the role as her brother thought that she reminded him of the character. Thus, Bonnie started her acting career from the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ where she played a short role. Later, she rose to prominence as her character ‘Ginny Weasely’ became the central part of the movie series showcasing her adventures while studying in Hogwarts to later becoming the love interest of ‘Harry Potter’. She has been loved and appreciated by both critics and audiences for her performance and the author of the book ‘Harry Potter’ J.K. Rowling stated that Bonnie was one of the seven cast members of the series who she refers ‘The Big Seven’. Other films to her credit are drama film ‘Before I Sleep’ as Phoebe and short film adventure ‘How (Not) To Rob a Train’ as Little Girl Bandit.
- Bonnie Francesca Wright was born on 17th of February, 1991 in London, England, UK to parents Gary Wright and Sheila Teague. Bonnie’s mom and dad both are jewelry designers and owners of their company called Wright& Teague. They make their own masterpieces and show them in shops in Greek Street, Soho in Central London. They have collaborated with big brands like Swarovski, Oxfam, British Museum Gemfields and World Gold Council for several projects.
- Bonnie is of English nationality as she was born to English parents. She has an older brother Lewis Wright who influenced her to audition for the role of Ginny.
- As for her education is concerned Bonnie first studied in Prior Weston Primary School in Islington and later completed her high school education from King Alfred School situated in North London. She is a trained dancer and knows various styles like Ballet, Modern and African dance. Bonnie Wright enjoys art and can also sing and play the piano.
- She continued to pursue her degree education simultaneously acting in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 1 and Part 2 attending London’s University of the Arts: London College of Education and finally earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the college in 2012. She studied the subject Film and Television Production Manager as she wanted not only to work as an actress but also to do behind-the-scenes work.
- Bonnie received massive adulation for her outstanding portrayal of Ginny in all the Harry Potter movie seriesbeginning with her debut performance in 2001 in ‘Harry Potter &the Philosopher’s Stone’ following with central performances in ‘Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets’, Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban’, ‘Harry Potter &Goblet of Fire’, ‘Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix, ‘Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince”, ‘Harry Potter &Deathly Hollows Part 1 & 2’ and ‘Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey’. (2002-2011)
- The series starts with Bonnie’s first meeting with Harry as a child to her studying in the Hogwarts and later showing her participation in the battle with Lord Voldemort and the Death eaters to playing Harry’s wife and mother of his three children.
- Bonnie’s acting as Ginny was loved by critics and viewers. Critics like Taran Adarsh quoted ‘Bonnie Wright makes her impact feel nicely and beautifully as Ginny Weasley throughout the series’.
- Wright voice acted for Harry Potter’s ‘Order of the Phoenix’ and ‘the Deathly Hallows –Part 1’ video games and also guest voiced as Vanessa for Disney’s The Replacements (2007).
- Her other remarkable acting performances are for the films ‘The Sea’ as the young nurse Rose, ‘After the Dark’ as Georgia, ‘Geography of the Heart’ as Mia (2013-2014). Her voice as Connie featured in the comedy ‘My Dad is Scrooge’ and she next acted in the (unreleased) film ‘Those Who Wander’ as Zoe which screened in Ridgefield Playhouse Theatres (2014-2015).
- Bonnie next performed in ‘Who Killed Nelson Nutmeg’ as Diane released in 2016. She isbusy shooting for ‘The Highway is for Gamblers’ film. Bonnie plays the character Heidi who has to search the desert for her best friend played by Nikki Reed who gets lost in a rodeo.
- Bonnie is popular for her acting performance in TV and Theatre forimportant rolesas young Sarah Robinson in the Television film ‘Stranded’ (2002) and as young Agatha Christie in ‘Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures’ (2004).
- Her stage performance as ‘The Girl’, Daughter of the Marshall in Peter Ustinov’s play ‘The Moment of Truth’ staged in the Southwark Playhouse theatres (2013) received favourable remarks from the website the British Theatre Guide and local newspaper Evening Standard.
- Bonnie’s directorial and screenplay writer debut ‘Separate We Come, Separate We Go’ (2012) got positive reviews from critics. It featured at the Cannes festival under short films section.
- She directed singer, actress Sophie Lowe’s ‘Dreaming’ and musician George Shuster’s ‘Sea Ess’ music videos (2013,2014). Bonnie formed her own production company Bon Bon Lumiere and in 2014 she directed a short film ‘Know Thyself’, written and produced by her.Wright, commissioned by LoveGold directed the short film ‘Fade to Gold’ showcasing the life and jewelry designs of her parents.
- Her new project as of 2016 is the film adaptation of author AS Byatt’s short story ‘Medusas Ankles’ as director and one of the producers (post production status). Lately, she is in the pre-production phase for her first feature film ‘Have a Nice Day’.
- Bonnie ranked second in the Portrait Magazine Top 30 Under 30 List of 2009 and won the Most Edgy Look award at the Rodial Beautiful Awards in 2011. She has featured in Grazia Magazine, Entertainment Weekly and Evening Standard, Vanity Magazine etc. She was listed in the Glamour Magazine UK 35 Most Stylish Women of 2010 and featured in a photoshoot for InStyle Magazine UK Best of British Talent.
- Further, she is signed as a model for the Next Models Agency and has cat- walked for fashion designer Katie Earl at an Autumn/ Winter show during London Fashion week of 2011.
- Bonnie is the brand ambassador for Made-By not- profitable organization.She is a charity ambassador for Oxfam& the Global Poverty Projects. Bonnie visited Senegal to get a closer glimpse at the food crisis situation faced by the Sahel region of West Africa.She also photoshoots for Oxfam Lift Lives for Good Campaign and modelled for her Parents collaborative line Oxfam: The Circle.
- Wright is also aLumos Ambassador and she journeyed to Haiti to discover why children need families and not orphanages andhow to support them.
- Bonnie started dating fellow British actor Jamie Campbell Bower in 2010 and they got engaged in 2011. Their relationship did not last long and they separated in 2012.
- At present, she is in a steady relationship and engaged to Simon Hammerstein since 2013. He is the owner of the Manhattan night club ‘The Box’ and is also a singer.
- As of July 2017, Bonnie’s estimated net worth is $ 15 million.
- Bonnie Wright loves to play soccer and go surfing.
- Her favorite actress is Nicole Kidman and favorite band is ‘The Killers’.
- She likes art and prefers clay modelling over painting.
Bonnie Wright Movies
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
(Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Drama)
2. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (2010)
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
(Mystery, Fantasy, Family, Adventure)
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
(Mystery, Family, Adventure, Fantasy)
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
(Mystery, Family, Adventure, Fantasy)
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
(Fantasy, Mystery, Family, Adventure)
7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
(Fantasy, Adventure, Family)
8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
(Mystery, Family, Adventure, Fantasy)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed