Billy Wingrove Biography
William Wingrove, popularly known by his pseudonym Billy Wingrove, is a globally recognized footballer from England. He is as a freestyle football player well-known for his YouTube channel ‘F2Freestylers’ which he runs with his friend Jeremy Lynch. Freestyle football is an art of self-expression where an athlete performs various tricks using any part of his body with a football. Wingrove is also a semi-professional soccer player who has played traditional soccer for many clubs and he plays in Forward and Midfielder positions. He played on trial basis for six weeks at twelve years of age for the Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Club. At that time the management of the club said that they found him to be too small and not physically strong enough. Thus, Wingrove started playing youth football for the Enfield Town F.C. and next as semi-professional for Ware F.C. By nineteen years, he started to earn far better by performing as freestyle footballer at private parties rather than as semi-pro. He thus, became the first local freestyler for the Tottenham Hotspur premier league team performing at corporate, charitable and commercial events and eventually ended up on the Spurs book.
- Billy Wingrove was born on 17th December, 1982 in London, United Kingdom in an affluent family. He comes from a sports family background as his father was a former professional soccer player for the Tottenham Hotspur club and his cousin played for the Arsenal. Wingrove has stated in his Twitter account that his father is his inspiration.As he was growing up, he started to learn more techniques in freestyle football and also became a part of a similar group of soccer players in London. After excelling in the skills he participated in the Nike freestyle competition held at London Earls Court’s district and reached the semi-finals among 6,000 contestants.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Independent Career
- Billy in 2003 started to perform his freestyle soccer tricks professionally on Television channels like BBC, Sky Sports and Nickelodeon. He has been affiliated with several Football Clubs like Enfield (2002-2004), Ware (2004-2009), Chestnut Corinthians (2009-2010), Hoddesdon Town (2010-2014), Broxbourne Borough (2014-2015) and Aylesbury United (2015 onwards) where he appeared only for the Domestic League.Wingrove was signed in 2005 as the official freestyle footballer for the Tottenham Hotspur club. Since then he has brought about a lot of public relation awareness for the club charities as well as worked on programmes for the local group.He is the skills coach for the David Beckham Academy, where he teaches his football techniques to the children at the academy and also performs his tricks for them. Billy further trains children in South Africa for the soccer school educating them about his freestyle tricks. He participates in the Academy’s UK Tours and also performs for their events.Wingrove is the global representative for the A.C. Milan professional football club. He teaches the local children who attend the club’s fan parks and also those who are part of the Milan Junior Camp Soccer schools. He is the presenter for the AC Milan Camps official site and also contributes to their training videos.He has become Sport England’s ‘Sporting Champion’ for his inspirational work in the field of sports, coaching children on projects all around U.K. and also motivating and encouraging them to practise, learn and remain determined to get their goals.Billy is the skills ambassador for the Grassroots football live show held at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham in England. He performs his skills on the show, trains children as well as makes them understand the relevance of learning football tricks for the development of every player.He holds three Guinness world records in football freestyle and is the first freestyler to have a tutorial DVD. Billy has also choreographed for star players like Ronaldo, Messi, Del Piero, Torres and the Whole Manchester United squad.Billy personally teaches freestyle footballer techniques and ball control to children who enrol in the ‘Billy Wingrove Soccer Academy’ which is held at the London Soccer Dome.Those who cannot get access to the BWSA, however can register to the website www.billywingrove.com which provides an array of tutorial videos delivered by Billy himself as well as attain the academy’s coaching sessions videos.Duo Performance
- After pursuing their solo freestyle career, Wingrove and Lynch decided to team up to enhance their saleability in the future and thus the F2 freestyle was formed.Continue Reading BelowThe Freekerickerz (F2) went on to perform their freestyle choreography in front of football legends like Andeas Iniesta, Xavi, Christiano Ronaldo, Rio Ferdinand and Lionell Messi at the 2010 FIFA Ballon D’Or awards. The duo was highly appreciated by Ronaldo for their routine synchronized with music.They have performed on international grounds and have been recognized for their uniqueness and creativity by crowds at stadiums, the Queen as well as A-list celebrities. The freestylers have presented their tricks to Norwich City, Manchester United and Chelsea football clubs.The F2 have collaborated with brands like Beko (in sponsorship campaigns for Barcelona F.C. alive), with UBISOFT (helping in the release of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate) and Adidas (creating great content and appearing in advertisements for their TKRZ boots). They have helped in the launch of Konami’s PES16 game working with Brazilian footballer Neymar.They have starred in two television series ‘F2 Kicks off: London Live’ (2014) and‘It’s Called Football (2016-2017). The first TV series showcases their journey as freestyle footballers across London, along with their tricks and skills that have rendered applause and in their second, they educate their supporters about Premiere League clubs as well as presenting their amazing stunts.The freestyle pioneers have released a DVD titled ‘Learn Football Freestyle 1’, a collection of their soccer techniques (divided into 4 parts: beginners, intermediate, advanced and professional) to help one to become successful footballer.The F2 have worked jointly with soccer pro’s like Eden Hazzard, Messi, Luis Suarez, Diego Costa etc.They are YouTube sensations whose channel ‘F2Freestylers’ has more than 5.9 million subscribers.Charitable Work
- Wingrove works with the Princes Trust (UK charitable organization) for the betterment of the less privileged young people on their various projects by raising funds and awareness for their programmes.Personal Life
- William is married to Katie with whom he has a daughter and a son named Amelia Iris and Roman.Trivia
- Wingrove has been a body double for Messi in several commercials and for Fernando Torres, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovicand Alessando Del Piero in TV commercials. He advertised for O2, Disney, Sky Sports, Barclaycard etc. and also featured with Wayne Rooney in a Coca-Cola advertisement in mid- 2000.The F2duo have created the ‘Rascal’ brand line of clothing and accessories that offers the most comfortable and tailored sportswear.They also have plans to set up their soccer schools.Billy has performed his skills for film professionals on his Sony Europe Tour of 2012 for the ‘Power of Images’ event held at Central London.Wingrove has performed as football assistant and has choreographed on photo shoots for Nike sports brand and Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven) series of videogames.
How To CiteArticle Title- Billy Wingrove BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/billy-wingrove-14811.phpLast Updated- July 29, 2017
People Also Viewed