Úrsula Corberó Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Úrsula Corberó Delgado
Born Country: Spain
Born in: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Famous as: Actress
father: Pedro Corberó
mother: Esther Delgado
Partner: Andres Velencoso (2013–2016), Chino Darín (2016–), Israel Rodríguez (2008–2010)
City: Barcelona, Spain
education: Eòlia, Escola Superior d'Art Dramàtic
Úrsula Corberó Delgado is an award winning Spanish actress known for her portrayals in television series like ‘Física o Química’ and ‘La casa de papel’ and in films like ‘Cómo sobrevivir a una despedida.’ Úrsula became passionate about acting at a very young age and stepped into the field featuring in commercials. Her debut in television series happened with ‘Mirall trencat’ and moving on she landed up with the breakthrough role of Ruth Gómez in the Antena 3 series ‘Física o Química.’ The role not only garnered her critical acclaim but also won her several awards and paved way for other notable portrayals including in the series ‘14 de abril. La República,’ ‘La embajada’ and ‘Isabel.’ She furthered her fame with the Spanish heist television series ‘La casa de papel’ where she presently plays the main role of Silene "Tokyo" Oliveira. Úrsula has also succeeded in making her mark on big-screen appearing in films such as ‘Paranormal Xperience 3D,’ ¿ ‘Quién mató a Bambi?’ and ‘Perdiendo el Norte.’ Her performance as Marta, marking her first main role in a film, in the Spanish comedy ‘Cómo sobrevivir a una despedida’ established Úrsula as one of the best comedy actresses of Spain.
- Úrsula Corberó Delgado was born on August 11, 1989, in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain to Pedro Corbero and Esther Delgado. She has a sister called Mònica.
- She developed interest in acting early and by the time she was six years old, she wanted to pursue her career in the field.
- Úrsula stepped into showbiz appearing in commercials and eventually started featuring in television series, starting with the role of María in the 2002 drama series ‘Mirall trencat.’ This was followed by the role of Sara in seven episodes of the Catalan TV series ‘Ventdelplà’ (2005-06).
- Meanwhile she continued with her studies and upon completion she relocated to Madrid to play Ruth Gómez, one of the most notable roles of her career, in the Spanish comedy drama television series ‘Física o Química’ (2008-11). Although the series garnered much controversy, Úrsula’s performance as Ruth, a student suffering from bulimia, earned her critical acclaim and also won her several awards.
- Meanwhile she appeared in two short films ‘Crónica de una voluntad’ (2007) and ‘Slides’ (2011) and also started performing in feature films. One of her early notable film features include the role of Belén in the 2011 horror film ‘Paranormal Xperience 3D.’ Starting from that year till 2019, she essayed the role of Beatriz de la Torre in thirty episodes of the drama television series ‘14 de abril. La República.’
- She played the main role of Deborah in the stage production of ‘Perversiones sexuales en Chicago’ in 2012.
- The February 5, 2013 aired television movie ‘Volare’ featured her as Lila / Malva. That year she also appeared in eight episodes of the television series ‘Gran Reserva,’ in two episodes of the television mini-series ‘Mario Conde, Los días de gloria’; and also in big-screen productions including ‘Afterparty,’ ‘Crimen con vista al mar’ and ‘¿Quién mató a Bambi?.’ She played the voice role of Sam in the September 27, 2013 released blockbuster hit American 3D computer-animated sci-fi comedy film ‘Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.’
- In 2014, she played Margaret of Austria in seven episodes of the La 1 aired Spanish historical fiction television series ‘Isabel’ based on the rule of Queen Isabella I of Castile. She won Men’s Health Award in ‘Women of the year category.’
- She starred as Nadia along with actors Blanca Suarez and Yon Gonzalez in the March 6, 2015 released Spanish comedy film ‘Perdiendo el Norte.’ She gained attention and established herself as a comedy actress in Spain playing Marta, her first main role on big-screen, in the April 24, 2015 released Spanish comedy film ‘Cómo sobrevivir a una despedida.’ She also featured as Natalia in eight episodes of the television sitcom series ‘Anclados’ that year. Same year she won the Honor and Encouragement Award at the Alicante Film Festival.
- The February 19, 2016 released history drama film ‘La Corona Partida’ featured her in the role of Margaret of Austria. That year she also appeared as Ester Salinas in the Antena 3 aired television thriller series ‘La embajada.’
- She plays the main role of Silene "Tokyo" Oliveira starring along with Álvaro Morte, Itziar Ituño, Alba Flores, Pedro Alonso, Paco Tous and Miguel Herrán in the Spanish heist television series ‘La Casa de Papel.’ The series premiered on Antena 3 on May 2, 2017 and was later acquired, edited and re-released worldwide by Netflix. Úrsula won the Best Actress award at the Atv Awards and earned nomination for Best Main Actress in a TV Series at Premios Feroz in 2018 for her performance in the series.
- She played the starring role of Alma in the 'La llave' segment of the sci-fi film ‘Proyecto Tiempo: La Llave.’ Directed by Isabel Coixet, the film premiered at the San Sebastian Film Festival, in 2017.
- Úrsula featured in the starring role of Rebeca in the Julio Medem directed Spanish drama film ‘El Arbol de la Sangre..’That year she also portrayed the character of Ines Santiago in eight episodes of the American crime comedy drama web television series ‘Snatch’ starring Luke Pasqualino and Rupert Grint among others.
- Third season of the Spanish comedy web television series ‘Paquita Salas’ that premiered on Netflix on June 28, 2019 featured her in the episode titled ‘B-Fashion.’
- Over the years, she has also featured in music videos of tracks of different artists. These include appearing in ‘El precio de la verdad’ (2008) by Cinco de Enero, ‘Heartbreaker’ (2013) by Auryn and ‘Mi Querida España’ (2015) by Kiko Veneno.
- Starting from 2008, for two years Úrsula was in a relationship with actor Israel Rodríguez. In 2011, for around five months, Úrsula remained romantically involved with tennis player Feliciano López. From 2013, for three years, the diva dated model and actor Andres Velencoso.
- Since 2016, she is romantically associated with Argentine actor Chino Darín. The two crossed path on the sets of TV series ‘La embajada.’ The diva regards herself as a feminist.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed