AnnaSophia Robb Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born Country: United States
Born in: Denver, Colorado, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: David Robb
mother: Janet, Janet Robb
U.S. State: Colorado
City: Denver, Colorado
education: New York University
AnnaSophia Robb is an American actress, singer, and model. She has established herself as one of the emerging talents in Hollywood. She started her career with minor roles in television and commercials.Shethenlanded a number of lead roles in critically acclaimed movies and acted alongside award-winning stars like Johnny Depp and Hilary Swank. Her role in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' became popular among pre-teen audiences and helped her gain popularity. She impressed the audience with her performance in films like 'Because of Winn-Dixie,' 'Bridge to Terabithia,' and 'Soul Surfer.' She then went on to play the lead role of ‘Carrie Bradshaw’ in 'The CW' drama series 'The Carrie Diaries.'AnnaSophia Robb has also appeared infilmslike 'The Crash,' 'Freak Show,'and 'Down a Dark Hall.' She utilizes her celebrity status to help charitable causes around the world through her 'Changing the World' initiative. She has worked with a bunch of organizations to support humanand animal rights.
- AnnaSophia Robb was born on December 8, 1993, in Denver, Colorado, USA, to Janet and David Robb. Her father is an architect, while her mother is an interior designer. Her mother left her job to take care of her after she was born.
- A devout Christian, she performed on stage for the first time in front of a church gathering of 500 people when she was five. At the age of eight, she started taking professional acting classes.
- She loves gymnastics; she trained for about four-and-a-half years and even joined a team. However, she quit gymnastics when she was unable to manage time after being bombarded with several acting opportunities.
- She attended ‘Arapahoe High School’ in her hometown Denver, but chose to be homeschooled during her visit to Los Angeles. After graduating from there in 2012, she was accepted into ‘Stanford University.’However, she had to turn down theoffer due to her filming schedules. In 2014, she was admitted to ‘New York University.’
- At the age of nine, AnnaSophia Robb was scouted by an agency in Los Angeles, after which she moved to Los Angeleswith her mother. After a number of auditions, she landed her firstrole in a national commercial for ‘Bratz Dolls.’She later appeared in a commercial for‘McDonalds.’Subsequently, she became the face of ‘Trad Clothing.’
- On September 19, 2004, she debuted on television,playing a small role in the series 'Drake & Josh.' Two months later, she landed her first major role as the main character of the television film 'Samantha: An American Girl Holiday.'
- In 2005, she appeared in two movies, both adaptations of popular children's books. In 'Because of Winn-Dixie,' she played the protagonist ‘Opal.’In Tim Burton's remake of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,' she played the competitive and rude bubblegum-chomping brat ‘Violet Beauregarde.’
- In 2006, she played a voice role in an episode of the animated show 'Danny Phantom.' The next year, she worked with Hilary Swank in the movie 'The Reaping' and then appeared as the lead in the film 'Have Dreams, Will Travel.'
- In 2007, she landed a major role in the coming of age movie 'Bridge to Terabithia.' She also lent her voice to the song 'Keep Your Mind Wide Open' for the soundtrack of the film. The song was her first single to chart on the 'Billboard Hot 100.'
- She appeared in a number of films in 2008, including 'Jumper,' 'Spy School,' and 'Sleepwalking.'Though ‘Sleepwalking’ did not do well at the box office, her performance in the movie was praised by critics. The same year, she voiced‘Mary Magdalene’ in 'The Word of Promise: Next Generation – New Testament: Dramatized Audio Bible.'
- In 2009, she starred alongside Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the remake of 'Race to Witch Mountain.' The next year, she acted in the film 'The Space Between.'
- She was cast in the biographical drama film 'Soul Surfer' in 2011. She played the main character of ‘Bethany Hamilton’ who continues to surf despite losing an arm in a shark attack.
- Her next big role was for the television series 'The Carrie Diaries,' a prequel to the hit series 'Sex and the City.' She played the role of ‘Carrie Bradshaw,’ the character played by Sarah Jessica Parker in 'Sex and the City.'
- In 2013, she appeared in the comedy film 'The Way, Way Back.' In the same year, she also voiced a character named ‘Tombi’ in the South African computer-animated comedy film 'Khumba.' The next year, she played ‘Ariel’ in the short film 'Funny or Die's Little Mermaid.'
- Her next movie was 'Jack of the Red Hearts' which releasedin 2016. Her next starring role was in the period medical drama television series 'Mercy Street' where she portrayed the role of ‘Alice Green’from 2016 to 2017.
- In 2017, she appeared in the thriller movie ‘The Crash’ which had a limited release. She was also seen in the comedy film ‘Freak Show’ the same year. The following year, she was seen in the supernatural horror movie ‘Down a Dark Hill’ which was an average hit.
- In 2019, she became part of the main cast of the Hulu web series ‘The Act.’ Her upcoming projects include ‘Words on Bathroom Walls’ and ‘Lansky.’
- AnnaSophia Robb's portrayal of ‘Leslie Burke’ in 'Bridge to Terabithia' was highly praised by critics. The movie received positive reviews and earned a number of awards and nominations. Commercially, it collected $138 million worldwide.
- She is best known for portraying the lead character of ‘Carrie Bradshaw’ in the television series 'The Carrie Diaries.' The series received mixed reviews and ran for two seasons.
- Early on, AnnaSophia Robb showcased her acting talent in 'Bridge to Terabithia,' winning two ‘Young Artist Awards' in 2008. She also received a nomination for 'Best Young Actress' in 'Critics' Choice Movie Awards.'
- In 2009, she was given the 'Rising Star Award' in 'Denver Film Festival.' She was named the 'Superstar of Tomorrow' in the 2013 'Young Hollywood Awards.' That year, she wasalso nominated for 'Teen Choice Award' under the 'Breakout Star' category.
- AnnaSophia Robb is a philanthropist andis involved with a number of charitable organizations. She has worked with 'Save the Children' initiative and an education program named 'PeaceJam.' She has even traveled to India to volunteer for 'The Dalit Freedom Network.'
- She has been vocal about her political views.She supported Barack Obama in 2012, even before she was old enough to vote. On January 21, 2017, she was one of the celebrities to take part in the 'Women's March' in Washington, D.C.
- Over the years, she has beenromatically linked with a number of co-stars. She reportedly dated Alexander Ludwig from 2008 to 2011.
- She started dating Chris Wood in 2013. They broke up the next year after which she began dating Adam Cobb.She was in a relationship with Cobb till May 2016. She reconciled with her former boyfriend Chris Wood, onlyto part ways later.
- AnnaSophia Robb was named after her maternal great-grandmother Anna Sophie and paternal grandmother Anna Marie. She prefers to be called by her full name AnnaSophia. She also prefers the pronunciation 'Ah-na' instead of ‘Ann-na.’
AnnaSophia Robb Movies
1. A West Texas Children's Story (2007)
2. The Way Way Back (2013)
3. Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
(Drama, Fantasy, Family, Adventure)
4. Soul Surfer (2011)
(Biography, Family, Drama, Sport)
5. Jack of the Red Hearts (2015)
6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
(Comedy, Family, Adventure, Fantasy)
7. Because of Winn-Dixie (2005)
(Comedy, Family, Drama)
8. Sleepwalking (2008)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed