Annabelle Davis Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Famous as: Actress
Height: 1.04 m
father: Warwick Davis
mother: Samantha Davis
siblings: George Davis, Lloyd Davis
City: Peterborough, England
education: Sawtry Village Academy
Annabelle Davis is a British actor who is best known for her portrayal of ‘Sasha Bellman’ in the children’s drama series ‘The Dumping Ground,’ for which she won the ‘Royal Television Society NTEB Award’ for the ‘Performance of the Year.’ She is the daughter of actor, director, and producer Warwick Davis and actor Samantha Davis, who are both dwarfs. She and her only surviving brother inherited spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita from their father. This affected their growth. They both grew up to become actors like their parents. She made her acting debut as a goblin in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.’ She enjoyed the role and claimed that it gave a meaning to her life. She has appeared as herself in an episode of the British TV chat show ‘Piers Morgan’s Life Stories’ that narrated the story of her life. She is the patron of the ‘Young People Counselling Service’ (YPCS) and has created the community hub ‘The Annabelle Davis Centre’ that helps people cope with similar health conditions. Annabelle is an inspiration for those who have to struggle a lot in their lives. She is a social person and loves spending time with her family.
- Annabelle Davis was born on March 28, 1997, in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, to actor Samantha and actor, director, and producer Warwick Davis. Both her parents were dwarfs. She inherited spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita from her father, and that affected her growth.
- She spent the first two months of her life in a special care unit, on ventilation, and doctors were not very hopeful that she would live through the ordeal. However, she overcame the most difficult period of her life and survived to live a near-normal life afterward. Although she is just 3 feet and 11 inches (1.2 meters) tall and weighs only 35 kilograms, she has learned how to face life on her own.
- She had two older brothers named Lloyd and George who died in infancy due to the same disorder. Her younger brother, Harrison, also inherited spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita. However, he survived and grew up to become an actor like his parents and elder sister.
- Annabelle took her A-Levels in media, art, IT, and textiles at the ‘Sawtry Village Academy.’ She started acting at the age of 12 and had to have a tutor on the sets to keep up with her work at school.
- During her younger days, she spent a lot of time with her father on the sets of his movies. She celebrated her 13th birthday at the ‘Great Hall’ at ‘Hogwarts’ with the entire cast of ‘Harry Potter.’ This inspired her to take up acting as a career and follow in her father’s footsteps.
- She made her acting debut as a naughty goblin in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2’ with her brother in 2011. This was followed by an uncredited role in ‘Jack the Giant Slayer.’ She enjoyed acting and believed it gave a meaning to her life.
- In 2015, she appeared as herself in an episode of the British TV chat show titled ‘Piers Morgan’s Life Stories’ that was dedicated to the story of her life. She gave a moving account of her childhood and the odds that she and her family had faced. She also appeared in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ that year and received positive reviews for her role.
- She made her big break in the entertainment industry with the role of ‘Sasha Bellman’ in the children’s drama series ‘The Dumping Ground’ in 2015 and in its spinoff, ‘The Dumping Ground: I’m...,’ in 2016. At the age of 19, she was a celebrity and an inspiration for others with similar issues in life.
- Her unique talent was soon recognized, and she started getting invited as a guest on various shows such as the Saturday morning children’s magazine entertainment program ‘Saturday Mash-Up!’ that was aired on ‘CBBC’ and ‘BBC.’
- She has carved a niche for herself in the entertainment world and has a large following on social media. People admire her courage and her zeal for life against all odds. Numerous photographs of her family, accompanied by her story, have been uploaded on the internet.
- Some of her noteworthy movies are ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2’ (2011), ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ (2015), and ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (2017).
- Some of her most popular TV projects have been ‘Piers Morgan’s Life Stories’ (2015), ‘The Dumping Ground’ (2015), and ‘Saturday Mash-Up!’ (2017).
- She won the ‘Performance of the Year’ award at the 2018 ‘Royal Television Society NTEB Awards’ ceremony, for her role in ‘The Dumping Ground.’
- Both her parents and her only surviving brother are dwarfs, which makes them see the world from a different perspective. They have battled against all odds to live a normal life. Every piece of furniture in their house, apart from the kitchen table, is of normal height. This is for the convenience of the people they interact with.
- Annabelle is a social person. She loves to dress up and enjoys performing in costumes and makeup. She is close to her parents and brother. They support each other and give each other the strength to face life despite their physical deformities.
- She was made the patron of the ‘YPCS’ in 2018 and created their first community hub, ‘The Annabelle Davis Centre.’ She is actively involved in social service and helps people like her live a normal life.
- She was the script supervisor for the TV miniseries ‘Dwarves Assemble.’
- Her role of a goblin in the ‘Harry Potter’ movie required her to have her face cast in a mask that took over 45 minutes to prepare.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed