Anna Wood Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Anna Elizabeth Wood
Born Country: United States
Born in: Mount Airy, North Carolina, United States
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Dane DeHaan (m. 2012)
father: Mary Beth Wood
mother: Bert Wood
children: Bowie Rose DeHaan
U.S. State: North Carolina
Notable Alumni: University Of North Carolina School Of The Arts
education: University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Anna Elizabeth Wood is an American actress best recognized for her role on NBC’s short-lived drama series ‘Deception’. She is also known for her starring roles in the series ‘Reckless’ and ‘Falling Water’. Born in Mount Airy, North Carolina, USA, Wood grew up with a younger sister and an older brother. She began her career in 2009 with a guest appearance on a television show. Since then, she has starred in many roles, both big and small, in various TV series and films. The talented actress took a short break from her career to give birth to her daughter in 2017. Wood is married to actor Dane DeHaan and currently lives in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, with her family. In addition to being a successful professional she is a devoted family woman as well.
- Anna Elizabeth Wood began her career in 2009, making her television debut in an episode of the series ‘Cold Case’. That year, she also made a guest appearance in ‘Royal Pains’, a series based on actual concierge medical practices of doctors and companies. In 2010, she made her film debut in the romantic drama ‘Nice Guy Johnny’. Directed by Edward Burns, it also starred Kerry Bishé, Matt Bush, and Burns. Wood also featured in the short films ‘The Layla Project’ and ‘Delusions of Love: A Case Study in Jealousy and 19th Century Formal Wear’ the same year. This was followed by her role in ‘Negative Space’.
- In 2012, Wood played the role of Monica in ‘Chronicle’. The superhero thriller film follows three high school seniors who form a bond after acquiring telekinetic powers through a crystalline object found underground. Also in 2012, the actress starred in an episode each of the drama series 'Mad Men', 'NCIS: Los Angeles' and 'House of Lies'. The following year, she played the character of Nichole Frishette in six episodes of the prime-time soap opera ‘Deception’.
- The year 2014 saw Wood act as Jamie Sawyer in ‘Reckless’, a legal drama that also starred Cam Gigandet, Shawn Hatosy, Adam Rodríguez, Kim Wayans and Gregory Harrison. That year, she also featured in the political drama series ‘Madam Secretary’. The show starred Téa Leoni as a former CIA analyst turned secretary of state. In 2015, the actress featured in an episode in season 3 of the crime thriller series ‘The Following’.
- Following her appearance in an episode of ‘The Good Wife’, Wood made a guest appearance in the supernatural series ‘Falling Water’. In 2019, she joined the main cast of ‘The Code’ as Maya Dobbins. The military drama series also features Luke Mitchell, Dana Delany, Ato Essandoh and Phillipa Soo.
- Anna Elizabeth Wood was born on December 30, 1985, in Mount Airy, North Carolina, USA, to Bert and Mary Beth Wood. She has a younger sister, Lauren, and an elder brother, Jarod, who works as an electrical contractor.
- Wood met future actor Dane DeHaan in high school. The couple married on June 30, 2012, in Virginia. On April 2, 2017, they welcomed their first baby, daughter Bowie Rose DeHaan.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed