Andrew East Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Born in: Indianapolis, Indiana
Famous as: American Football Player, Husband of Shawn Johson
Spouse/Ex-: Shawn Johnson (m. 2016)
father: Guy East
mother: Marsha East
siblings: Christine East, Grant, Guy, James
U.S. State: Indiana
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
Notable Alumni: School Of Management
education: Owen Graduate School of Management (2015), Vanderbilt University (2014), North Central High School
Andrew East may have gained fame as the husband of Olympic gymnastics champion, Shawn Johnson, but there is more to him than what meets the eye. Andrew is a talented and skilled NFL long snapper who has played for various teams including Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, Oakland Raiders and Los Angeles Rams. In 2015, he made his professional debut with Kansas City Center and has since played with several teams. For Oakland Raiders, he has twice served as the long snapper, playing in April 2016 and later in July 2017. Andrew has been active on social media as well, primarily on Instagram and Twitter.
- You may know Andrew East as the husband of Olympic gymnastics champion, Shawn Jonson, but there is clearly more to Andrew East than what many people know. A sport enthusiast and football aficionado, East’s love for the game goes very long. He was the captain of his high school team and played for Vanderbilt during his college days.
- His professional career started in 2015. Despite being undrafted in the 2015 NFL Draft, Andrew signed with the Kansas City Chiefs on May 11, 2015. On August 30, 2015, he was released by the Chiefs. Four months later on January 4, 2016, he signed a reserve/future contract with the Seattle Seahawks but was waived on March 24, 2016. In April 2016, he was signed by the Oakland Raiders and eventually waived by the team on August 29, 2016. On March 13, 2017, Andrew signed with the Los Angeles Rams. His tenure with the team was a shot one and he was waived by the Rams on May 3, 2017.
- Andrew’s second stint with the Raiders began on July 28, 2017 and was waived on September 2. He then signed a reserve/future contract with the Raiders on January 19, 2018. Lately in April 2018, he was waived by the Raiders. Other than his professional commitments, Andrew is super active on social media and has decent following on Twitter and Instagram.
- Andrew East was born on September 17, 1991 in Indianapolis, to a bustling family. His parents, Guy and Marsha East had five children, including four boys: Guy, James, Grant and Andrew; and one girl, Christine. Ever since his childhood, Andrew was interested in sports, especially football. He was the captain of his team at the Indianapolis North Central High School. Andrew. In his college days, he played for Vanderbilt.
- If you look at his Twitter account, it excplicitly states him as a civil enginner, an MBA and an athlete. Talking of Andrew East’s love life, he was in a relationship with Olympic gymnastics champion Shawn Johnson. The two got officially engaged on July 24, 2015 during a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field. The much-in-love couple eventually walked the aisle on April 16, 2016 in Franklin, Tennessee.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed