Andrea Hissom Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: United Kingdom
Famous as: Socialite, Wife of billionaire Steve Wynn
Spouse/Ex-: Steve Wynn (m. 2011), Robert David Hissom
father: Victor Danenza
mother: Arlene Novack
City: Hertfordshire, England
Andrea Hissom, now Andrea Wynn, is a British socialite who is best known for her marriage to American billionaire, real estate businessman and art collector Steve Wynn. Steve Wynn is the former CEO and chairman of Mirage Resorts, the owner of Wynn Resorts and was the chairman of the Republican National Committee until January 27, 2018, before resigning from post following allegations of sexual misconduct. Since Steve was accused to harassment by female employees of his resorts, there has been a renewed interest in Andrea’s relationship with her husband and how she reacts to the allegations. While she has not yet commented on the incident, her husband has offered a statement in which he accused his former wife Elaine Wynn, with whom he is fighting a prolonged and ugly legal battle regarding a revised divorce settlement. He has also denied any such accusation as 'preposterous'.
- Andrea Hissom came to media attention during Steve Wynn's much publicized second divorce from his first wife Elaine Wynn, which was one of the largest divorce settlements in history that netted his former wife $741 million in stock in Wynn Resorts. During this time, it was reported that Andrea was the reason behind his split from Elaine as the two had been spotted “gallivanting around town”. She first met the billionaire, who is 21 years older than her, in the French Riviera in 2008. At the time, he was still married to his first wife Elaine, even though the two were separated. They started dating soon after, but the news of their relationship was made public in April 2009, when they were spotted together for the first time, enjoying a romantic dinner at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles. They reportedly split within a few months, but reconciled in June 2010, when they appeared publicly at the Sinatra Family Estates during a romantic wine dinner at Encore Beach Club.
- Andrea Hissom and Steve Wynn got married on April 30, 2011, the same weekend royal couple Prince William and Kate Middleton were married. Considering the lavish arrangement and the appearance of his British bride, their wedding was dubbed 'America's royal wedding' by the guests. News spread that the billionaire was trying to match the British royal wedding in grandeur. While it was next to impossible for Andrea to know what Kate would wear on her wedding day, her wedding gown, with its elaborate lace sleeves and plunging neckline, as well as the headpiece that she wore, were remarkably similar to that of the Duchess of Cambridge.
- Steve Wynn spent $1 million for the Hollywood-style ceremony which was hosted at his Encore resort in Las Vegas. To match the 1500-strong royal guest list, he invited 1000 distinguished guests including a large number of Hollywood hotshots. Sylvester Stallone, Hugh Jackman, Steven Spielberg, Brett Ratner, Celine Dion, Garth Brooks and Donald Trump were among the celebrities in attendance, while actor and director Clint Eastwood served as his best man. The businessmen in his guest list included hotel magnate Sol Kerzner, financier Michael Milken and the investment Blackstone Group's Stephen Schwarzman. Five hundred of his guests were flown in to Las Vegas early to attend the three-day celebrations which started with a poolside 'white' party on the day the British royal couple got married. The other guests joined in the next day for the 'Grand Celebration' in the Encore Ballroom at 7.30 pm, which was planned by director Kenny Ortega of 'High School Musical' fame.
- Andrea Danenza Hissom was born on January 1, 1970 in the United Kingdom to British financier Victor Danenza and Arlene Novack. She is a great-niece of Ben Novack, the developer of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel, and a cousin of Ben Novack Jr. Her mother passed away years ago. Her father has come under scrutiny for several shady activities over the years. In 1976, he was under federal investigation for securities fraud, which prompted him to flee to France. Moreover, he has reportedly been involved in introducing a number of young and beautiful women to wealthy businessmen.
- Her first marriage was to American banker Robert David Hissom, who worked as a financial analyst for Aspen Capital Partners Ltd. in Europe. They have two sons, Alex and Nick Hissom. The latter is a popular British recording artist and model. She also has two step-daughters, Kevyn Wynn and Gillian Wynn, from her present husband Steve's first marriage to Elaine. She now lives in New York City with her husband and often accompanies him to Las Vegas.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed