Anastasia Kvitko Biography
Anastasia Kvitko is a Russian glamor model and an entrepreneur. She is known as the “Russian Kim Kardashian” due to her curvy body that has helped her turn into one of the most popular internet celebrities. Born and raised in Kaliningrad, Russia, Anastasia grew up with a sister. Her father was a famous businessman, while her mother was a primary school teacher. She was interested in fitness since childhood. Following her high-school graduation, she was discovered by a fashion photographer. Soon, she applied to several modeling agencies in Russia. However, she was asked to lose some weight before venturing into professional modeling, as she had a highly curvaceous figure. Anastasia refused to do so and shifted to Miami instead. She faced more or less the same fate in US, too, and was asked to lose weight by industry professionals. She refused again and took to ‘Instagram.’ Over time, she became an internet sensation. Several modeling assignments came her way. She has also launched her own line of swimsuits named ‘AC-350,’ which was unveiled at the ‘New York Fashion Week.’
- Anastasia Kvitko was born in Kaliningrad, Russia, on November 25, 1994. Her father was a businessman, and her mother was a primary school teacher. She grew up with a sister.
- Since her pre-teen years, Anastasia was physically active. She loved playing sports and working out. Additionally, she followed a strict vegetarian diet. This further contributed to her health and fitness.
- Anastasia was discovered for the first time after she graduated high school. A fashion photographer in Russia found her and offered her a job. After bagging some small-time modeling assignments in Russia, she applied to a number of major modeling agencies. Her curvy body, which she thought was her biggest asset, was not liked much by agencies. She was asked to lose weight, but she denied.
- By 2014, she had already earned a little fame in the Russian modeling arena. She first started getting popular on the Russian social-media website ‘Vkontakte’ and then appeared in the shoot for the story ‘The Girl of the Day.’ Following this success, she moved to the Russian fashion capital, Moscow. There, she did a photo shoot for the ‘Rhyme Magazine, which became another ticket to popularity for her.
- By then, she had gained a local fan following and was being hailed as the “Russian Kim Kardashian.” However, her aspirations were bigger.
- She thought of moving to the US, as that would help her gain better opportunities in modeling. She moved to Miami at the age of 17. However, her initial experience in the big city was scary. She was once robbed at gunpoint. Following the incident, she started having second thoughts about her career and considered moving back to Russia.
- However, she continued applying to modeling agencies in the US and was repeatedly asked to reduce her bulky curves and lose weight. However, she refused yet again and decided to find her own path.
- She moved to Los Angeles. When she could not find opportunities that were suitable to her, she was disheartened yet again. By then, she knew that social media was a strong platform for struggling models. She turned to ‘Instagram’ and started uploading her pictures.
- She made her new ‘Instagram’ profile in August 2014. Soon, her ‘Instagram’ profile started gaining a massive fan base. Within a year, she managed to earn more than a million followers on the platform. She got photo shoots done by reputed photographers and posted selfies, too.
- Her curvy figure, which was a big roadblock on her way to become a famous model, had now become her strongest claim to fame. She did not shy away from flaunting her body in the pictures that she uploaded. She eventually made social-media profiles on ‘Twitter,’ ‘Facebook,’ and other online platforms, but ‘Instagram’ remained her biggest success.
- She has now earned more than 9 million followers on her page, which makes her no less than a major celebrity. She also received a job offer from Kanye West’s clothing line.
- As she became the talk of the town in the US fashion arena, she was also offered a music video with Pitbull and Yandel. She appeared in their music video for the song ‘Ay mi Dios.’ The music video, which was uploaded in 2016, has earned more than 528 million “views” to date.
- She has modeled for innerwear brands, corsets, and branded suits. She has also performed a few shows at nightclubs, with the help of brands such as ‘Mia.’ Her curvy body has attracted a lot of Colombian brands.
- She also became quite popular with the Latin American public. She made her TV debut in the Spanish TV series ‘Un Nuevo Dia,’ which became a roaring success.
- Toward the end of 2016, she was approached to become the brand ambassador of ‘Eliya Cioccolato,’ a popular apparel brand. She was also named one of the sexiest women from modern Russia in 2016. She attained the third spot in the final rankings.
- Anastasia did not stop at modeling. She had higher aims. She wanted to be known as a “beauty with brains” and wanted to become an entrepreneur. Thus, launched her own line of swimsuits, ‘AC-350,’ which she inaugurated at the ‘New York Fashion Week.’
- Anastasia has faced a lot of criticism for denying the rumors of her having underdone a surgery for her buttocks. She also volunteered to undergo any test to prove the same. A major Russian publication once rejected her claims and said that going by her old pictures, it seemed almost impossible for her to grow such a figure solely through natural means.
- Anastasia has often been compared to Kim Kardashian. However, Anastasia does not like the comparisons. She has also stated that she feels she is better than Kim because she has not gone through any surgery, while Kim has had a few on her face and her body.
- Anastasia has remained quite open about her personal life. She had a boyfriend back in Russia when she was a teenager. They both moved to Moscow together to build their respective careers, but their relationship did not last.
- She has also been linked to Russian rapper Timati. She is currently dating Arseny Sharov.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed