Amanda Holden Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Amanda Louise Holden
Born in: Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Chris Hughes (m. 2008), Les Dennis (m. 1995–2003)
father: Frank Holden
mother: Judith Mary Harrison
siblings: Debbie Holden
children: Alexa Louise Florence Hughes, Hollie Rose Hughes
City: Portsmouth, England
education: Swanmore College of Technology
Amanda Louise Holden is a British actress, singer, and TV presenter. She is best recognized as a judge on the reality competition show, ‘Britain's Got Talent’. On television, she has also appeared in several American and British programs, such as ‘Wild at Heart’, ' Kiss Me Kate', 'The Grimleys,' 'Hearts and Bones', ' Ready When You Are, Mr McGill', 'Big Top', ‘Smack the Pony’, ‘Celeb’ and ‘EastEnders’, to name a few. As a television presenter, she has presented/co-presented various shows like 'A Night of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards', 'The Door', 'Dispatches: Exposing Hospital Heartache', 'Give a Pet a Home' and 'I've Got Something To Tell You'. The British actress has also acted on stage, most notably in the plays 'Thoroughly Modern Millie' and 'Shrek the Musical'. She has also done a few films including ‘Intimate Relations’ and ‘Virtual Sexuality’. Talking about Holden’s accolades, she was awarded with ‘WhatsOnStage.com Theatregoers' Choice Award’ under the category ‘Best Actress in a Musical’ for her performance in ‘Shrek the Musical.’
- Amanda Holden has appeared in many stage musicals till date. One of her best stage performances was in ‘Thoroughly Modern Millie’ for which she was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 2004. She then played Princess Fiona in ‘Shrek the Musical’. After this, she starred in a revival of ‘Stepping Out’.
- She has also made a few film appearances. In 1996, Holden was cast as Pamela in the film ‘Intimate Relations’. Three years later, she appeared in the flick ‘Virtual Sexuality’.
- Amanda Holden first appeared on television as a contestant in a game show titled ‘Blind Date’. She then played Mel in the series ‘Kiss Me Kate’. During this time, she also guest starred in ‘Jonathan Creek’ and ‘'Goodness Gracious Me'. After this, the actress had minor roles in ‘The Grimleys’ and ‘Hearts and Bones’. In 2002, she joined the cast of ‘Cutting It’ as Mia Bevan. Two years later, she appeared as Alice on BBC One’s ‘Mad About Alice’.
- From 2006 to 2008, Holden played Sarah Trevanion in ‘Wild at Heart’. She also began serving as a judge on ‘Britain's Got Talent’ in 2007. She co-presented ‘A Night of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards’ from 2009 to 2014. During this time, she also made guest appearances on 'The One Show', 'Magic Numbers', ‘The Graham Norton Show,' 'The Talent Show Story,' and 'The One and Only Cilla Black'. The British beauty also served as a presenter on ‘Dispatches: Exposing Hospital Heartache’ in 2014. Then she presented ‘Give a Pet a Home’ and ‘I've Got Something to Tell You’.
- Amanda Holden was born as Amanda Louise Holden on February 16, 1971 in Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire, UK, to Judith Mary Harrison and Frank Holden. She has a younger sister named Debbie. She studied at Swanmore Secondary School (present day - Swanmore College) and later attended Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts.
- Coming to her love life, the British actress married comedian Les Dennis in 1995 and divorced him in 2003.
- In 2006, she gave birth to her first child, daughter Alexa Louise Florence Hughes, with her then-fiancé Chris Hughes. The couple married two years later on 10 December 2008. Holden gave birth to Hughes’ second child, son Theo Hughes, in February 2011. Unfortunately, the child was stillborn. She then gave birth to his third child, daughter Hollie Rose Hughes, the following year.
Amanda Holden Movies
How To Cite
People Also Viewed