Alice Norin Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born Country: Norway
Born in: Stavanger
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Alvin Yudhapatria (m. 2011), DJ Riri (m. 2007–2009)
father: Alfred Almendingan
mother: Sofie Almendingan
awards: Bandung Film Festival for Commendable Film Supporting Actress
Alice Norin is a Norwegian-born Indonesian model, actress, DJ, and entrepreneur. She forayed into modeling in her early teens and later became one of the co-founders of the ecommerce fashion startup, ‘8wood.’ She is of Norwegian - Manado - Sundanese descent. Alice has featured in several television soap operas, including ‘Wulan,’ ‘Diva,’ ‘Amanah in Cinta,’ ‘Allah is Great,’ and ‘Twin Princess’ among others. She made her big-screen debut with the Indonesian slasher film, ‘Psychopath,’ as ‘Mita.’ Moving on, she featured in films like ‘When Love Bertasbih,’ which earned her the ‘Female Maid of Honor’ at the 2010 ‘Bandung Film Festival’ and its sequel, ‘When Love Bertasbih 2.’ She also tried her hands at direction.
- Alice Norin was born on June 21, 1987, in Stavanger, Norway, to Sofie and Alfred Almendingan as their eldest child among four children. She has three younger brothers. Alice is a Muslim by faith and is of Norwegian - Manado – Sundanese descent.
- She commenced her career in modelling at age 13. While still in her teens, Alice made her film debut as ‘Mita’ in the Rudi Aryanto-directed 2005 slasher film, ‘Psychopath,’ starring Egi Fedly and Ferry Ixel.
- The romantic drama television series, ‘Wulan,’ featured her in the starring role of Aline. The series also featured Dhini Aminarti and Giovani L. Tobing in starring roles.
- It aired on Indonesian TV station, ‘RCTI,’ for a season encompassing 146 episodes starting from October 30, 2006 to May 18, 2007.
- She appeared as ‘Sheila’ in the soap opera, ‘Kasih,’ while the Nabila Syakieb portrayed the title character.
- Alice appeared in the soap opera, ‘Diva,’ as ‘Mona.’ The series had Nirina Zubir and Baim Wong in the main cast. It aired on RCTI for a season consisting of 38 episodes.
- Her next big-screen flick was the 2008 romantic drama, ‘There You Are, I’m Ada,’ which featured Bunga Citra Lestari and Andhika Pratama in lead roles.
- In the 2009 Indonesian film, ‘When Love Bertasbih,’ she portrayed the character, ‘Eliana Pramesty Alam.’ Based on a bestseller novel by Habiburrahman El Shirazy bearing the same title, the film emerged as the best-selling Indonesian film of that year. Alice was honoured with the ‘Female Maid of Honor’ at the 2010 ‘Bandung Film Festival’ for the film.
- ‘When Love Bertasbih’ was followed by its sequel titled ‘When Love Bertasbih 2,’ also directed by Chaerul Umam. Alice reprised the role of ‘Eliana’ in the sequel, which released in 2009.
- Apart from her modelling and acting pursuits, Alice also tried her luck as a director. She worked on a video clip, ‘Rusty Guitar,’ which was included in her then husband, DJ Riri Mestica’s owned album, ‘Repackage Night Out.’
- Alice essayed the character of ‘Alya’ in the ‘SinemArt’ produced soap opera, ‘Amanah in Cinta.’ The series was aired on ‘RCTI’ for 54 episodes from January 28, 2010 to March 22, 2010. Julie Estelle and Christian Sugiono were the main cast of the series.
- She played the character of ‘Karin’ in another soap opera, ‘Anugerah.’ It was directed by Sanjeev Kumar and produced by ‘SinemArt,’ and ran for 472 episodes, from March 28, 2011 to January 15, 2012.
- The teenage soap opera, ‘Dewa,’ featured Alice in the character of ‘Dita’ (Yola). The series aired on RCTI for 175 episodes, from October 3, 2011 to February 10, 2012.
- The soap opera, ‘Asmara,’ featured her in the role of ‘Nora.’ The series was broadcast for 24 episodes, from April 30, 2012 to May 23 that year.
- She also appeared in the drama series, ‘The Series Hajj Slurryman,’ which aired on RCTI from May 28, 2012 to February 7, 2017. The series won several awards at the 2013 and 2014 ‘Panasonic Gobel Awards.’
- She launched the online fashion shop, ‘8wood,’ with her present husband, Alvin Yudhapatria. She serves as Chief Creative Officer of the ecommerce fashion startup headquartered in Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta. According to the company, it caters to the needs of young spirited women. It recently secured seed funding from Ideosource, a local venture capital firm.
- She also appeared in the soap opera, ‘7 Human Tigers New Generation,’ which aired on MNCTV from April 11, 2016 to July 10, 2016. It was a sequel of the series, ‘7 Tiger Man.’
- She appeared in the television drama series, ‘Love and Loyalty,’ that also starred Oka Antara and Titi Kamal. The soap opera aired on the the SCTV television station for one season encompassing 42 episodes.
- She has appeared in several other television series, including ‘Magic Friends,’ ‘Allah is the Greatest,’ ‘Girl,’ ‘Twin Princess,’ ‘The Beauty and the Bad Man eps Lamentations of Stepchildren’ and ‘Bocil.’
- She married DJ Riri Mestica and their marriage contract was carried out on January 19, 2007 at her house in Cipete Numbers. The marriage reception was held at Pondok Indah Mosque. In February 2011, she accused Riri of domestic violence. The marriage of the couple culminated into divorce.
- Alice got married for a second time to Alvin Yudhapatria in 2011.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed