Alice Kim Biography
Alice Kim is the ex-wife of the actor Nicholas Cage. The couple met each other in Los Angeles in 2004 where Kim worked as a cocktail waitress at Le Prive, a Korean themed restaurant in Los Angeles. The chemistry between them was instant and they decided to start dating each other immediately. Soon, they announced their engagement within a span of two months. The age difference of over 20 years between them caused the media to speculate over their relationship; however, Cage decided to take the next step forward by marrying Kim in the same year. They tied the knot in California in August 2004. Kim also had brief roles in movies like ‘Next’ and ‘Grindhouse’, both of which included Nicholas Cage. She would often accompany her husband to events. She was recently in the news when the duo announced their separation. They called it quits after nearly 12 years of marriage. Together, the couple have a son named Kal-el Coppola Cage. Alice Kim was Cage’s third wife and his longest partner.
- Alice Kim is an American of Korean descent. She was working as a waitress in the nightspot ‘Le Prive’, which was a Korean-themed restaurant. In a story right out of fairytale, Nicholas Cage fell in love with her instantly when she came to serve his table in the restaurant. Kim was 20 years old when she met Cage in February 2004. Soon, due to a desire of living together as soon as possible, they were engaged within two months of meeting each other. The age difference of 20 years between the couple was a cause of concern for Alice’s mother, but on seeing their love for each other, she gave her consent. The couple tied the knot on a ranch in Northern California in August 2004. They decided to marry earlier than expected so that she could travel with him to South Africa while he was filming for ‘Lord of War’.
- She even made brief appearances in movies starring her husband, such as, ‘Next’ (2007) and ‘Grindhouse’ (2007). The age and ethnic differences between them often sparked a controversy, but Cage pushed these comments aside and acknowledged that he made a clear decision to marry out of his zip code and into another culture. She remains his longest partner in his string of relationships as they were together for almost twelve years. Rumors suggest that they separated because Alice was cheating on him, however there are no confirmations as they like to keep their personal life out of the media. The couple decided to divorce each other in January 2016.
- The long relationship between Alice and Cage wasn’t free of scandals. A public spat between Cage and Kim was recorded and it resulted in a domestic abuse charge; the police took Cage into custody after witnesses saw him vociferously arguing with his wife while intoxicated. The incident took place New Orleans. Onlookers saw him push Alice during this dispute. Though Cage was charged with domestic violence and public drunkenness, he was released on bail and Alice refused to press any charges or comment on the incident and denied the assault. The charges were eventually dropped.
- Alice Kim was born on 27 December 1983. She met her future husband, Nicholas Cage, when she was working as a waitress at a Los-Angeles Korean restaurant and was asked to the serve his table. Sparks flew between the two, and they were soon engaged after two months. The duo decided to get married in the same year and finally tied the knot in August 2004 at a private ranch in Northern California. They welcomed their son Kal-El Coppola Cage on October 3, 2005. The couple wanted an unusual name for their son, and decided to name him after Superman’s real name as Cage loves superheroes. They lived in a gated community near Summerli, Nevada, close to the Las Vegas strip. After 12 years, she and Cage divorced in January 2016.
- When Cage first met Alice’s mother, his mother-in-law, she simply exclaimed ‘She’s Too Young’ before greeting him, referring to her daughter in the new relationship.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed