Alice Adair Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Deborah J. Adair
Born in: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Famous as: Actress
U.S. State: Colorado
Alice Adair is an American actress known for portraying Jan Bogomil in ‘Beverly Hills Cop II’, Rachel Slaten in ‘Desperado: Avalanche at Devil's Ridge’, Diane McBride in ‘Quantum Leap’, and Cornelia Granthomme in ‘Szuler’. A Colorado native, Adair always wanted to be an actress. She made her screen debut in a season three episode of ‘Miami Vice’. Her big screen debut came about a year later, in the action comedy ‘Beverly Hills Cop II’. Adair was active in the entertainment industry until 1992. Afterwards, she left the world of glamour and chose to lead a very private life. She was married to actor Josh Brolin from 1988 to 1994 and has two children with him, son Trevor, and daughter Eden. In 2015, after a 23-year hiatus, Adair returned as an actress in the short film ‘Rideshare.’
- Alice Adair began her acting career by portraying Carla Cappoletti in NBC’s crime drama series ‘Miami Vice’ in 1986. Created by Anthony Yerkovich, the series features Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as undercover detectives James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs respectively. Carla Cappoletti, appears in the season three episode ‘Streetwise’. She is a prostitute who is in love with the Metro-Dade Vice Detective Vic Romano (Bill Paxton) and eventually agrees to work with the police to bring down her pimp, Silk (Wesley Snipes). While they are successful in doing so, Romano dies in the process. Not long after, Cappoletti goes back to her life as a prostitute, despite promising Romano that she would get off the streets.
- In 1987, she debuted on the big screen in Tony Scott’s action comedy film ‘Beverly Hills Cop II’. The first sequel to the 1984 film ‘Beverly Hills Cop’, the film was a massive commercial success, grossing $300 million at the box office against a $20 million budget. Eddie Murphy reprised his role as Detroit police detective Axel Foley. Adair was cast as Jan Bogomil, the daughter of Beverly Hills Police Captain Andrew Bogomil (Ronny Cox).
- That year, she also portrayed the recurring character Jessie in two episodes of NBC’s crime drama series ‘Private Eye’.
- Adair played Rachel Slaten in the western telefilm ‘Desperado: Avalanche at Devil's Ridge’ (1988). The third TV movie in the Desperado: series, ‘Avalanche at Devil's Ridge’ was directed by Richard Compton. Alex McArthur returns to portray the honest cowboy, Duell McCall. Adair’s Rachel Slaten is the daughter of the wealthiest man in town, Silas Slaten (Rod Steiger). The main plot of the telefilm revolves around Rachel’s kidnapping and Duell’s attempts to rescue her.
- In the season two premiere of the science fiction television series ‘Quantum Leap’, which aired on NBC between 1989 and 1993, Adair essayed the role of Diane McBride, the daughter of a powerful US Senator. She is married to Tom McBride, into whom Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula) leaps in order to prevent her death at the hands of her former husband, Roget.
- In 1990, she guest-starred as Kathleen Devlin in the season one episode, ‘Daddy’s Girl’, of ABC’s western series ‘The Young Raiders.’ In 1992, she appeared in Adek Drabinski’s drama film ‘Szuler’. Sharing screen space with the likes of Leonard Andrzejewski and Joanna Bielicka, she portrayed Cornelia Granthomme, an innocent young girl who attracts the attention of the two male protagonists.
- In the short film ‘Rideshare’ (2015), she played Mary. This was her first acting job in 23 years.
- Alice Adair was born Deborah J. Adair on June 26, 1966, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. Little else is known about her family and upbringing. Since she was a child, she had aspired to become an actress.
- Adair was around 22 and Brolin was 20 when they exchanged their wedding vows in 1988. At the time, both of them were newcomers in the industry. Brolin started his career in the 1985 classic film, ‘The Goonies’. On her 22nd birthday, their son, Trevor, was born. He was followed by Eden in 1994. Both of them have followed in their parents’ footsteps to become actors. Adair and Brolin divorced in 1994. Despite this, they kept on living together at his ranch for a while, so their children did not have to endure any drastic change in their lives.
- After his divorce from Adair, Brolin got engaged to English-American actress Minnie Driver. However, that relationship ended six months after the engagement. On August 15, 2004, Brolin married actress Diane Lane. They divorced on November 27, 2013. His third and current wife is model and actress Kathryn Boyd, whom he married on September 24, 2016. As an actor, Brolin was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the 2008 biographical drama ‘Milk’. In 2008, he won a Screen Actors Guild Award for portraying Llewelyn Moss in the crime drama film ‘No Country for Old Men’ (2007). Some of his other memorable performances are of Dr. William Block in ‘Grindhouse’ (2007), Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Matt Graver in the Sicario films, and Cable in ‘Deadpool 2’ (2018).
How To Cite
People Also Viewed