Alejandra Silva Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Alejandra Maria Silva García-Baquero
Born in: La Coruña
Famous as: Publicist, Richard Gere’s Wife
Spouse/Ex-: Richard Gere (2018-Present), Govind Friedland (2012-16)
father: Ignacio Silva
mother: Paola Garcia-Baquero
children: Albert Friedland
Alejandra Maria Silva García-Baquero is a Spanish activist, publicist, and an entrepreneur, who recently came into the limelight after getting married to American actor Richard Gere. Silva was previously married to the son of Chicago-born mining billionaire Robert Friedland. She is an avid activist who is involved with various human rights issues. In the past, she worked closely with the RAIS Foundation for the Homeless in Spain. She has also worked with several other charitable organizations. Silva is known for her association with the Real Madrid Football Club as well. With the club, she worked to create football leagues which encourage underprivileged children to take up the sport. As a humanitarian, she has also worked for the betterment of the living conditions of refugee children and the victims of wars. After living a low-profile life for most of her life, she garnered much media attention after becoming romantically involved with Gere.
- Alejandra Silva was previously married to Govind Friedland—a son of the wealthy mining magnate Robert Friedland—between 2012 and 2016. While together, they had bought Italian film director Franco Zeffirelli’s summer home in Positano. They turned the home into a luxury boutique hotel named Hotel Villa Treville. Silva took charge of the management of the hotel and ran it successfully for a few years before divorcing Friedland.
- Alejandra Silva has dedicated her life to various noble causes. She was part of the promotional campaign for a non-profit initiative called Beautiful Life Fund in 2007. She, along with Karolina Kurkova, pledged her time for the organization that works for the benefit of needy children. It takes care of homeless kids as well as children who are victims of war and those who have been forced to become refugees. The organization provides them with food, shelter, education, and medical aid among other necessities.
- Silva has been involved with the Real Madrid Football Club for long as her father has served the club as the vice president in the past. She took part in the Real Madrid Football Club Foundation African Initiative Project, which was initiated to develop African soccer leagues as a means of encouraging underprivileged children in Africa to take up the sport. Besides creating sports leagues, the organization also strives to build close-knit communities in Africa and bring about improvement in the standard of life in the African societies.
- Silva joined the RAIS Foundation in Spain as a patron. The charitable organization works for the homeless people in Spain and helps them in finding shelter and aids them in becoming self-dependent.
- Alejandra Silva was born in La Coruña, on February 16, 1983 to Ignacio Silva and Paola Garcia-Baquero. Her father had previously served as the vice president of Real Madrid Football Club during the time when Lorenzo Sanz was its president. He is also a businessman. Silva went to Saint Louis and Mater Salvatoris School during her childhood and later attended a school in Dorset, the UK, from where she completed her A-levels education. She graduated with a degree in advertising and marketing from a university in Madrid.
- She married Govind Friedland, the son of billionaire Robert Friedland, in 2012. They had a child named Albert Friedland, born in 2012. The couple divorced in 2016. It is reported that Silva had become involved with Richard Gere even before divorcing her first husband. Three years after meeting Gere at Hotel Villa Treville, Silva married him in 2018. The couple maintains a low-profile relationship.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed