Ahn Jae-hyun Biography
Ahn Jae-hyun is a South Korean model and actor known for his roles in many successful films and TV series’. He started his career in 2009 with commercials, rampwalks and magazine photo-shoots and eventually graduated to make his debut in the TV show ‘High Society’ and from thereon, he didn’t look back and got roles after roles and turned himself into one of the most loved actors of this era. In the 2014 film ‘Fashion’, Ahn made his film debut and went on doing two more films in the next two years titled ‘Wedding Bible’ and ‘Perfect Imperfection’. His TV roles include a key part in ‘My Love from another Star’, ‘Blood’ and more recently ‘Reunited Worlds’. Over the course of his career in the entertainment field, he has been the recipient of many awards such as Best Fashion Model at the 8th Asian Model Fashion Awards and the Global Star Best Actor award for his role in the hit TV series ‘Cinderella and the Four Knights’. In May 2016, Ahn married his long time girlfriend Ku Hyu-sun, who also happened to be an actor and appeared with Ahn in the TV series ‘Blood’.
- Ahn Jae-hyun was born in the South Korean national capital Seoul on 1st July 1987. Ahn was a silent kid for the most part and later admitted that his childhood was very calm and quiet while his siblings were always creating a ruckus in the house. His likes were different as a kid, and he liked cooking at home more than playing outside with his friends.
- He attended a lot of cram schools and was sort of a kid who wasn’t very much interested in the academics. The studies bored him and that was when he started dreaming of a possible career in other fields which didn’t involve him spending several hours digging in the books. But despite his lack of interest in the studies, he scored great marks in school, proving himself to the other kids and teachers that a sharp intellect is all that’s needed to excel in the academics. But despite that, he found it very hard to imagine a career like regular people.
- In the high school, he took up cooking classes, his childhood passion, and then he also got enrolled in the music academy while in the high school. He didn’t have any specific goals for his future in his mind and hence, hopped from one thing to another.
- Perhaps, his third year stint with fashion classes was something that interested him deeply. Being fully aware of his physique and handsome face, he wanted to try out as a fashion model but he somehow had to finish his education first and he didn’t have much to say there, his parents got him enrolled in college to study business administration.
- Once done with that, Ahn started working in the field, and as it turned out, a modelling career was something that was made for him and he got signed up with the ESteem Modelling agency soon.
- Ahn Jae-hyun had a pretty successful run as a model as he appeared in many named magazines and famous TV commercials around 2009. He also appeared as a runway model for many designers and even received several awards from the modelling industry, which made him a hot property among the young models. In 2009, at the 4th Asian Model Festival, he was awarded with ‘Best New Model’ award and later in 2013, he was honoured with the ‘Best Fashion Model’ award at the 8th Asian Model Festival Awards.
- Naturally enough, the next big career goal was acting, and he started with a very small role in ‘High Society’ in 2011, where he played a delivery man. But that small role did some great things for him and he was immediately recognized by many and that got him stints in forms of several music videos for artists such as K Will, Sistar19 and Baek A-yeon. His rising popularity finally provided him with his first major role in the TV series titled ‘My Love from another Star’.
- This was going to be the defining role of his career as he played the role of a major actress Jun Ji-hyun’s younger brother in the show. His appearance was adorable and the show was already immensely popular and being watched by almost every household in South Korea. Ahn’s performance was appreciated and he started to get more acting offers.
- 2014 came with better roles for Ahn and his career saw a tremendous growth. He appeared in the comedy series ‘You’re all surrounded’ and also made his film debut in the same year with ‘Fashion King’, which turned out to be a moderate box office success. In the same year, Ahn was seen as the MC for Mnet’s weekly music show ‘M! Countdown’.
- His career was picking up pace and in the next year he appeared in the TV series ‘Blood’, which also was the first leading character of his career. Ahn played the role of a vampire in the series, who also happened to be a doctor, working in one of the best cancer hospitals in the country. His role wasn’t entirely cold, as he played a vampire suffering from loneliness and wanting to get close to any person. His portrayal was minimalistic and received several applauses and Ahn went on to be nominated for two acting awards at the KBS Drama Awards that year for his sensible portrayal.
- In 2016 came another role for Ahn which made him even more popular with the TV audiences. He starred in ‘Cinderella and the Four Knights’, which happened to be a romantic comedy. Ahn played the role of a playboy, who doesn’t really settles down with a girl, but somehow falls deeply in love with the lead actress of the show. For this portrayal, Ahn won the Top Excellence Award at the 9th Korea Drama Awards along with many other honours.
- Ahn was enjoying the best phase of his career until then and also became a part of the reality show ‘New Journey to the West’ and by then, his popularity had crossed the South Korean border already. He was approached by a Chinese producer to star in the film ‘Perfect Imperfection’ and when Ahn made his entry at the Chinese box office with the film, he received extreme love from the Chinese people.
- In 2017, Ahn became an integral cast member of the fantasy romance drama ‘Reunited Worlds’ for SBS and in the same year, he appeared in the music video for the song ‘On the Way Home’ by the artist No Reply.
- Ahn Jae-hyun started dating his ‘Blood’ co-star Ku Hye-sun in April 2015 and the official confirmation of the relationship was made on 11th March 2016. And on 20th May 2016, the couple got married in a very humble ceremony. On which, they said that it was better to donate the money rather than spending it on a lavish wedding. The money was donated to Severance Hospital, which happens to be the biggest and oldest hospital in the country.
- Ahn is an ardent cat lover and is presently the owner of a cat named Ahn Joo and he adorably calls the cat as his ‘best friend’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed