‘EthanGamerTV’ is a YouTube channel run by a 10-year-old British kid gamer named Ethan. In his channel he regularly posts kid-friendly gaming videos. He plays a lot of games, mainly mobile games. The games he plays most include ‘Minecraft’, ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare’, ‘Red Ball 4’ and a bunch of Roblox games. Posting videos for a little over three years now, Ethan has over 1. 25 million subscribers on his primary YouTube channel in which he posts ‘Let's Play’ videos. He also has another channel, titled ‘Ethan’, in which he posts "everything NOT gaming." He posts different types of videos there, including unboxings, challenges, vlogs, toy reviews and other random stuff. His secondary channel has reached 100k subscribers already. His channel was nominated for the 2016 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards for "UK Favourite Tipster." In December the same year he won the "YouTube Star of the Year" in the MEGA Awards 2016. He also has merchandise in his name and offers his fans T-shirts with EGTV logo on them. He met with DanTDM a.k.a. Daniel Middleton, the creator of the popular YouTube channel "TheDiamondMinecart", at Minecon in 2015.
- Ethan has thoroughly chronicled his rise to fame in a series of "milestone" videos. Besides his regular gaming videos, he often posts vlog entries when he hits a milestone for subscribers. He made his first video on September 29, 2013, when he was just seven years old. He made a milestone video after reaching 1000 subscribers. Since then he has posted many milestone videos till he reached one million subscribers. A lot of times he just starts recording the videos a few minutes before reaching the milestone and captures the countdown while he is waiting. This allows his fans to see his excitement when he reaches the milestone. It also shows how steadily he gains subscribers on his YouTube channel. For instance, he would get about 15 subscribers within a 3-to-5-minute reaction video. He also reached from 10000 subscribers to half a million subscribers in just a year. After reaching one million subscribers, Ethan made a video to show his journey of three years as a YouTuber. Coincidentally, he reached one million subscribers on July 9, 2016—his 10th birthday.What Makes Ethan So Special
- The two most unique features of Ethan's channel are that the channel is kid friendly, and that it is hosted by a kid. In today's age of internet, despite the fact that almost every kid is exposed to social media, a lot of social media accounts are not kid friendly. YouTube itself is a place where it is hard for parents to watch a video without fearing that their kids might see or hear something inappropriate. Ethan's channel provides parents of young children with a fresh and clean medium to watch gaming videos. It is specifically mentioned on his channel that all his content is appropriate for children and contains no bad language. The fact that a young kid like Ethan is guiding the viewers through his videos makes his channel even more appealing to his fans. He himself is a big fan of the popular YouTuber DanTDM who also posts kid friendly gaming content on his channel. After hitting 5000 subscribers on his channel, Ethan hosted a Q&A session to tell his fans about himself. His favorite movies include ‘Godzilla’, all the Marvel movies, the ‘Percy Jackson’ series and the ‘Harry Potter’ series. He can also play the piano. Basketball is his favorite outdoor sports. His favorite color is green. John Cena and The Rock are his favorite WWE wrestlers.Beyond Fame
- Those who follow Ethan closely know that the 10-year-old kid has had his share of hatred that is so common on social media. It is easy to find people discussing online how Ethan should not have a YouTube account or an Instagram account, citing his young age. Some haters even go to the extent of reporting him for violation of terms of various social media platforms. He lost his Instagram account this way in August 2016, when his account was seized by the authorities for him being underage. Apparently, his haters didn't stop there. He recently posted on his Twitter account, "Making a hate video is not having an opinion its spreading hate and I dont spread hate I BLOCK IT!! #demhatersdoe #theybejelly :-)"Behind The Curtains
- Ethan was born on July 9, 2006 in England, UK. However, he lived in Australia for some time. He then moved back to England and now lives in Cheshire. His social media accounts, including his YouTube channel, are managed by his parents as he is still too young to own his own accounts. Ethan replies to his fan comments himself, but only after getting approval from his parents.Trivia
- Ethan has recently got a new puppy named Oscar.
EthanGamerTV Fans Also Viewed