YBN Nahmir Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Nicholas Simmons
Born in: Birmingham, Alabama
Famous as: Rapper
Grouping of People: Black Men
education: Clay-Chalkville High School
Nicholas Simmons, more famous as YBN Nahmir, is an American rapper and songwriter, best known for his hit single, ‘Rubbin’ Off the Paint.’ His other hit single, ‘Bounce Out With That,’ also found a place on the ‘Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles’ chart. He started with uploading a single on YouTube when he was 15. The song titled ‘Hood Mentality’ didn’t receive many views. After continuously uploading songs on YouTube, he received more than 50 thousand ‘SoundCloud’ plays of his single, ‘Why.’ In 2017, he released ‘Rubbin’ Of the Paint’ and this proved to a career breakthrough for him. He released his next popular song, ‘Bounce Out With That,’ in 2018. The single received more than 100 million views on ‘YouTube.’ He later signed with ‘Atlantic Records.’ He is also the founder of ‘YBN Collective.’ Artists such as YBN Almighty Jay and YBN Cordae are also its members.
- YBN Nahmir was born Nicholas Simmons on December 18, 1999, in Birmingham, Alabama. He was raised by his mother.
- His cousins and aunt were also a part of the family. His brothers and cousins were often involved in criminal activities and that had an influence on him too.
- A Christmas gift (Xbox 360) diverted his interest towards music. He was only 14 at the time but his passion for music started growing from there.
- He played a lot of video games, such as ‘Rock Band’ and ‘Grand Theft Auto V.’ He used to record his video games to gain subscribers on his ‘YouTube’ channel. When he was not busy gaming, Simmons used to hang out on ‘Xbox Live’ parties.
- Slowly, he gained popularity for performing freestyles during ‘Xbox Live’ sessions. Eventually, he started recording and uploading his own songs and covers on his channel.
- He founded the ‘Young Boss Niggas’ Collective, also known as ‘YBN’ Collective, in 2014. YBN Almighty Jay, YBN Cordae, YBN Glizzy, YBN Manny, YBN Walker, YBN Nicky Baandz, YBN Malik, YBN Carl and YBN Dayday are all its members.
- Simmons attended ‘Clay-Chalkville High School’ in Clay, Alabama, until he quit regular schooling due to his large fan following and took up online classes.
- He graduated in May 2018.
- YBN Nahmir uploaded his first song on YouTube on March 21, 2015, with YBN Almighty Jay. He was only 15 at that time.
- The song, ‘Hood Mentality,’ proved to be dud and received no significant views. He continued uploading other songs for the next two years but nothing positive really came his way.
- On January 2, 2017, he released his first mixtape, ‘Believe in the Glo,’ on ‘SoundCloud.’ In the same month, he released his second mixtape on 'SoundCloud.’ ‘Why’ became his first popular song after receiving more than 50 thousand spins on ‘SoundCloud.’ On September 18, 2017, his released his song, ‘Rubbin’ Off the Paint,’on ‘WorldStarHipHop’s YouTube channel.
- His years of hard work finally bore fruit when his song went viral and exploded on the internet. Simmons became immensely popular and his single became a huge success. The single debuted at 79 and eventually reached 46 on the ‘Billboard Hot 100.’
- Simmons hired an in-house producer after his former producer sold the instrumental of ‘Rubbin’ Off the Paint’ to a third-party. He released six more tracks in 2017, but none of those reached the popularity of ‘Rubbin’ Off the Paint.’
- On January 23, 2018, he released his new song, ‘Bounce Out With That’ on ‘Lyrical Lemonade’s YouTube channel. It was made available for streaming only after three days of the release of the music video.
- The song received more than a 100 million views on YouTube and peaked at number one on the ‘Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles’ chart.
- In July 2018, he announced his Europe tour along with his ‘YBN Collective’ members, YBN Almighty Jay and YBN Cordae. He also plans to release ‘YBN: The Mixtape’ later in 2018. The mixtape will feature artists such as Gucci Mane, Machine Gun Kelly and Lil Skies. Simmons was also signed by ‘Atlantic Records’ in 2018.
- He was also featured in ‘G-Eazy’s song, ‘1942,’ from the album, ‘Uncle Drew,’ in 2018. The famous American rapper Yo Gotti also featured in the song.
- YBN Nahmir looks up to ‘E-40’ and other rappers from San Francisco Bay Area as his main influencers.
- Nahmir was named as one of the members of XXL's ‘2018 Freshman Class’ on June 12, 2018,
- He currently lives in Los Angeles, California. There is no information about his relationship status and he is believed to be single.
- His ultimate goal in life is to get his family out of Birmingham and provide them a better life. He wants to take them to a better community.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed