Trevor Jackson Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Trevor Howard Lawrence Jackson
Born in: Indianapolis, Indiana
Famous as: Actor
father: Kevin Jackson
mother: Cam Baxter
siblings: Ian Jackson
U.S. State: Indiana
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
Trevor Jackson is an American actor, singer, songwriter, and dancer. He has released several singles, an EP, a mixtape, and one studio album in his singing career so far. As an actor, he has appeared in the Broadway musical ‘The Lion King’ as well as the science fiction TV series ‘Eureka’. Jackson, who was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, developed an early interest in the performing arts and began working on honing his skills from a young age. At just the age of eight, he earned the role of Young Simba in a national tour of the musical ‘The Lion King’. After his role in the play proved to be successful, he moved to television playing a role in the crime TV series ‘Cold Case’ in 2010. He made his film debut the same year in ‘Albert! Or, My Life in the Ocean’. He continued to appear in several movies in the ensuing years, his most recent work being the 2018 action crime film ‘Superfly’ where he played the lead role. The film was an average success commercially while the reviews were mixed. The same year, he also released his first studio album ‘Rough Drafts Pt. 1’.
- Trevor Jackson was born on August 30, 1996, in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the US, to Kevin Jackson and Cam Baxter. He is the younger of two brothers; his older brother’s name is Ian.
- He became interested in acting and singing at a young age and wanted to join the entertainment industry when he grew up. Beginning from an early age, he started to develop his talents by performing in local shows. At the age of eight, he earned the role of Young Simba in the musical ‘The Lion King’.
- Trevor Jackson’s TV career began in 2010 with a guest role in the police procedural TV series ‘Cold Case’. The series revolved around a fictionalized Philadelphia Police Department solving unsolved cold cases. He made his film debut the same year, in the film ‘Albert! Or, My Life in the Ocean.’
- From 2010 to 2012, he played a role in the sci-fi TV series ‘Eureka’. The show attracted millions of viewers though the reception from the critics was lukewarm. In 2011, he appeared in the film ‘A Moment of Youth’.
- He played an important role in the 2012 TV film ‘Let it Shine’ which premiered on the Disney Channel. Jackson was nominated for a Young Artist Award for his performance. The same year, he also played the supporting role of Quincy Smith in the drama film ‘A Beautiful Soul’. In the ensuing years, he played guest roles in TV series such as ‘Austin & Ally’ and ‘Criminal Minds’.
- Trevor Jackson’s popularity reached newer heights in 2016 after he started playing one of the main roles in the crime drama series ‘American Crime’. The series, which began airing in 2015, was met with much critical acclaim. It received numerous awards and nominations, including ten nominations for the Emmy Awards in the first season itself. It was also nominated for two Golden Globe Awards.
- In 2017, he played the lead role in the drama film ‘Burning Sands’. Directed by Gerard McMurray, the film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2017 and was released on Netflix in March. The film received mostly positive reviews from the critics.
- In 2018, he started playing one of the main roles in the American sitcom ‘Grown-ish’. It follows the life of Zoey who begins her journey to adulthood as she heads off to college. The show has been mostly praised by critics. It was also nominated for multiple awards.
- The actor’s most recent work is the 2018 crime action film ‘Superfly’ which was an average success commercially. It received mostly mixed reviews.
- Trevor Jackson has released several singles in his career so far, such as ‘Apocalypse’, ‘Know Your Name’, ‘Good Girl, Bad Girl’ and ‘Drop It’. He released his first mixtape in 2015; it was named ‘In My Feelings.’ He had previously put out an EP named ‘#NewThang’ in 2013. In March 2018, he released his first studio album ‘Rough Drafts, Pt. 1’.
- One of Trevor Jackson’s early works was the American sci-fi TV series ‘Eureka’, which aired between 2006 and 2012. The show was set in a fictional town named Eureka which is inhabited by science geniuses. The main actors in the show included Colin Ferguson, Joe Morton, Salli Richardson-Whitfield and Ed Quinn. It aired for five seasons, covering around 80 episodes.
- He gained much popularity for his role in the second season of the American anthology crime drama series ‘American Crime.’ The series also starred actors such as Felicity Huffman, Timothy Hutton and W. Earl Brown and Caitlin Gerard. The show was highly praised by critics. In 2015, it was nominated for ten Emmy Awards, out of which it won one. The series also got two Golden Globe nominations.
- Jackson played the lead role in the action crime film ‘Superfly’ which was released in 2018. It was a remake of the 1972 film of the name ‘Super Fly. It also starred actors Jason Mitchell, Lex Scott Davis, Michael K. Williams, and Jennifer Morrison. The film was an average success commercially, earning $20 million on a $16 million budget. Critical reception was mixed.
- Trevor Jackson is currently believed to be single. Previously, he had dated American actress Zendaya.
- His biggest influences include the artistes Michael Jackson, Gregory Hines, and Donny Hathaway.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed