Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Jaden Christopher Syre Smith
Born in: Malibu, California, U.S.
Famous as: Actor, Rapper
U.S. State: California
Jaden Smith is an American rapper and actor. He has acted in a number of hit movies. He started showing interest in movies during his childhood. But as he was born to movie actors, his interest turned towards acting. After costarring in a couple of movies with his father Will Smith, he started getting offers on his own. Jaden Smith’s performance in some of his movies like ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ was critically acclaimed by the critics. Despite some performances with popular singers like Justin Bieber, he is yet to release a hit music album. Jaden Smith has interests in business as well and has already started working with a Korean designer to create pop-stores that will sell clothes with unique designs. Despite getting quick attention due to the fame of his father, Jaden Smith is now proving his mettle as a talented artist.
- Jaden Smith was born on July 8, 1998 in California (Malibu), USA to the famous Hollywood actor, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. He had an older half-brother and a young sister, Willow Smith.He is of mixed African-Caribbean origin. His maternal grandmother’s family was of Afro-Caribbean origin (from Barbados and Jamaica) and his grandparents’ were of African origin.Jaden Smith and his siblings were raised in a very liberal environment. His parents gave him the freedom to choose in his life. In an interview later, Jaden Smith’s parents told that their son asked an ‘emancipation ruling’ as his fifteenth-birthday present and he was given that.As both his parents were actors, Jaden Smith started showing interest in acting from a very young age. He was trained in singing and did some albums under music label ‘Columbia Records’.While Jaden Smith and his siblings were still young, they served as the youth ambassadors for Project Zambi. The project provided the required assistance to the Zambian children who were orphaned due to the death of their parents by AIDS.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Jaden Smith got a good beginning in his career as his father was one of the leading stars of Hollywood. He co-starred his father, Will Smith in the 2006 movie ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’. The movie was a big commercial hit and made Jaden Smith a popular name in Hollywood.Jaden Smith got his second acting opportunity in the 2008 science fiction film, ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’. The movie was a remake of a 1951 classic of the same name and Jaden played a rebellious eight-year-old stepson of a lead character.Jaden Smith got a big boost to his career when he co-starred with Jackie Chan in ‘The Karate Kid’ (a remake of a movie with the same name) in the year 2010. The movie was received well at the box office.In 2010, Jaden Smith sang along with the Canadian singer Justin Bieber in his hit song ‘Never Say Never’. In the year 2012, Jaden Smith released his first mixtape, ‘The Cool Café’. The mixtape was made available free for download on ‘Datpiff’ and was mostly focused on his lifestyle.Jaden Smith again co-starred with his father in the 2013 movie, ‘After Earth’. The movie was a disaster at the box office and had a very bad impact on their career.Non content with a career in singing and acting, Jaden Smith entered into collaboration with a famous Korean designer called Choi Bum Suk to create a pop-up store where customers could buy clothes bearing collaborated logos.In the year 2014, Jaden Smith was cast in the movie, ‘The Good Lord Bird’ which was based on the 2013 hit novel of the same name. Jaden Smith played the role of a young slave living in Kansas territory who works closely with the abolitionist John Brown.Continue Reading BelowStarting with the year 2003, Jaden Smith also acted in Television series such as ‘All of Us’, ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody’, ‘The Get Down’ etc. None of these TV series were a big hit and did not help boost his career.Despite his failures on television, Jaden Smith booked a place in the Netflix Series ‘The Get Down as Marcus’ as the graffiti artist ‘Dizzee Kipling’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- ’The Karate Kid’ has remained on his best hits. Jaden Smith’s portrayal of character assigned to him received widely positive reviews from the critics. A sequel to the movie was announced in the year 2014.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- Jaden Smith won the 2007 MTV Movie Award for his outstanding performance in his debut movie, ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’.Despite the poor performance of ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’, many analysts appreciated the performance of Jaden Smith. In a review, USA Today commented that the performance of Jaden was lively and engaging in a musty and derivative film.Personal Life & Legacy
- From the year 2013 till 2015, Jaden Smith was dating reality television personality and model Kylie Jenner.In the year 2015, Jaden Smith started dating Instagram star ‘Sarah Snyder’.
1. The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
2. The Karate Kid (2010)
(Family, Sport, Action, Romance, Drama)
3. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
(Sci-Fi, Drama, Thriller)
4. After Earth (2013)
(Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action)
AwardsMTV Movie & TV Awards
2007 Breakthrough Performance The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
How To CiteArticle Title- Jaden Smith BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/jaden-smith-30401.phpLast Updated- March 02, 2017
People Also Viewed