Jaden Smith Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Jaden Christopher Syre Smith
Born Country: United States
Born in: Malibu, California, United States
Famous as: Rapper
Jaden Smith is an American rapper and actor. He has acted in a number of hit movies. He started showing interest in movies during his childhood. As he was born to actors, his interest turned towards acting at a young age. After co-starring in a couple of movies with his father Will Smith, he started getting offers on his own. Jaden Smith’s performance in some of his movies like ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ was critically acclaimed. After musical performances with popular singers like Justin Bieber, he released his debut studio album ‘Syre’ in 2017. Jaden Smith has interests in business as well. He worked with a Korean designer to create pop-stores to sell clothes with unique designs. After enjoying quick attention due to the fame of his father, Jaden Smith is now proving his mettle as a talented artist.
- Jaden Smith was born on July 8, 1998, in California (Malibu), USA, to famous Hollywood actors, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. He has an older half-brother named Trey Smith and a younger sister named Willow Smith.
- He is of African-Caribbean origin. His maternal grandmother’s family was of Afro-Caribbean origin (from Barbados and Jamaica), and his grandparents were of African origin.
- Jaden Smith and his siblings were raised in a very liberal environment. His parents gave him the freedom to choose what he wanted in his life. In an interview, Jaden Smith’s parents told that their son asked for an ‘emancipation ruling’ as his fifteenth birthday present and received the same.
- As both his parents were actors, Jaden Smith started showing interest in acting from a very young age. He received training in singing, and worked in some albums under the popular music label ‘Columbia Records.’
- While Jaden Smith and his siblings were still young, they served as the youth ambassadors for ‘Project Zambi.’ The project provided the required assistance to Zambian children who were orphaned after losing their parents to AIDS.
- Jaden Smith had a good beginning to his career as his father was one of the leading stars of Hollywood. He co-starred with his father Will Smith in the 2006 movie ‘The Pursuit of Happyness.’ The movie was a big commercial hit and made Jaden Smith a popular figure in Hollywood.
- Jaden Smith got his second acting opportunity in 2008 when he was cast in the science fiction film ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still.’ The movie was a remake of the 1951 classic of the same name, and Jaden played a rebellious eight-year-old stepson of the lead character.
- Jaden Smith received a big boost to his career when he co-starred with Jackie Chan in ‘The Karate Kid’ (part of ‘The Karate Kid’ series) in the year 2010. The movie performed extremely well at the box office.
- In 2010, Jaden Smith sang along with the Canadian singer Justin Bieber when he performed his hit song ‘Never Say Never.’ In the year 2012, Jaden Smith released his first mixtape ‘The Cool Café.’ The mixtape, which mostly focused on his lifestyle, was made available for free on ‘Datpiff.’
- He once again co-starred with his father in the 2013 movie ‘After Earth.’ The movie was a disaster at the box office, and had a bad impact on their career.
- Not content with a career in singing and acting, Jaden Smith entered into collaboration with the famous Korean designer Choi Bum Suk to create a pop-up store where customers could buy clothes of unique design.
- In the year 2014, Jaden Smith was cast in the movie ‘The Good Lord Bird’ which was based on the 2013 hit novel of the same name. Jaden Smith played the role of a young slave living in the Kansas territory, and working closely with the abolitionist, John Brown.
- Starting from 2003, Jaden Smith started appearing in television series, such as ‘All of Us,’ ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody,’ ‘The Get Down,’ etc. None of these TV series went on to become popular, and they did not help boost his career.
- Jaden Smith was then cast in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘The Get Down as Marcus’ where he played a graffiti artist named ‘Dizzee Kipling.’ He also voiced the main character of ‘Kaz Kaan’ in the American-Japanese animated TV series ‘Neo Yokio.’
- He released his debut studio album ‘Syre’ on 17 November 2017. It debuted at number 24 at the US ‘Billboard 200.’ His next album ‘Erys’ released on 5 July 2019. This album fared better, debuting at number 12 at the US ‘Billboard 200.’
- In 2018, he appeared in the teen-drama movie ‘Skate Kitchen’ which was directed by Crsytal Moselle. He was also signed to play ‘Daryn’ opposite Cara Delevingne in a film titled ‘Life in a Year.’
- ‘The Karate Kid’ remains one of his best films. Jaden Smith’s portrayal of ‘Dre Parker’ received positive reviews from the critics. Made with a budget of $40 million, the film went on to amass more than $350 million. Apart from Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, the film also starred Taraji P. Henson and Wenwen Han in important roles.
- Jaden Smith won the 2007 ‘MTV Movie Award’ for his outstanding performance in his debut movie ‘The Pursuit of Happyness.’
- Despite the poor performance of ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still,’ many analysts appreciated the performance of Jaden Smith. In a review, ‘USA Today’ commented that the performance of Jaden was lively and engaging in a musty and derivative film.
- From the year 2013 till 2015, Jaden Smith was dating reality television personality and model Kylie Jenner.
- In the year 2015, Jaden Smith started dating Instagram star Sarah Snyder.
Jaden Smith Movies
1. The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
2. The Karate Kid (2010)
(Family, Sport, Action, Romance, Drama)
3. Skate Kitchen (2018)
4. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
(Sci-Fi, Drama, Thriller)
5. After Earth (2013)
(Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action)
|2007||Breakthrough Performance||The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed