Tracy Pollan Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born in: Long Island, New York, USA
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Kevin Bacon (ex-significant other), Michael J. Fox (husband)
father: Stephen Michael Pollan
mother: Corinne Elaine
siblings: Dana Pollan, Lori (sisters), Michael Pollan (brother)
children: Aquinnah Kathleen Fox, Esmé Annabelle Fox, Sam Michael Fox, Schuyler Frances Fox
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Dalton School
Tracy Pollan, born as Tracy Jo Pollan, is an American actress who is best known for playing the role of Ellen Reed in the sitcom ‘Family Ties’. Besides this, she has appeared in a number of other TV shows including ‘ABC Afterschool Special’, ‘American Playhouse’, ‘Spin City’, ‘The Michael J. Fox Show’, ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’, ‘The Kennedys of Massachusetts’, ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’, ‘Medium’ and ‘Nightcap’. Pollan is also known for doing theatre work. Her theatre projects include ‘Pack of Lies’, ‘Album’, ‘Jake's Women’ and ‘Woman in Mind’. The versatile actress has also done numerous television films such as ‘Sessions’, ‘The Baron and the Kid’, ‘The Abduction of Kari Swenson’, ‘Promised Land’, ‘A Stranger Among Us’, ‘Children of the Dark’ and ‘Justice for Natalee Holloway’, to name a few. Apart from being an actress, Pollan is also an author who has co-authored the book ‘The Pollan Family Table’ along with her mother and two sisters. This book is a cookbook based on family recipes, cooking techniques, and kitchen tips.
- Tracy Pollan started her acting career on the stage in the year 1980 by appearing in a play named ‘Album’. She then did the television film ‘For Lovers Only’. In 1983, she did two more TV films ‘Sessions’ and ‘Trackdown: Finding the Goodbar Killer’. The following year, Pollan appeared in an episode of television series ‘ABC Afterschool Special’. She also did TV films ‘A Good Sport’ and ‘The Baron and the Kid’ that year. After this, she was cast in the sitcom ‘Family Ties’. Around this time, she also became a part of the play ‘Pack of Lies’ that was staged at the Royale Theatre.
- Then the American actress was cast in the TV film ‘The Little Sister´ as well as in an episode of ‘American Playhouse’ in the year 1986. A year later, she was offered television films ‘The Abduction of Kari Swenson’, ‘A Special Friendship’ and ‘Promised Land’. Pollan then did the play ‘Woman in Mind’. From 1990 to 1999, she did a number of different projects, namely ‘Fine Things’, ‘A Stranger Among Us’, ‘Dying to Love You’, ‘Children of the Dark’, ‘Anna Says’, ‘The Kennedys of Massachusetts’, ‘Spin City’ and ‘Jake's Women’.
- In 2000, she appeared in an episode of ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’. Three years later, she did the television movies ‘Hench at Home’ and ‘First to Die’. Then in 2009, she made a guest appearance in an episode of the series ‘Medium’ and also did the TV movie ‘Natalee Holloway’. The following year, Pollan again made a guest appearance and this time in ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’. After this, she did the TV film ‘Justice for Natalee Holloway’. In 2016, the actress appeared in ‘Nightcap’.
- Tracy Jo Pollan was born on June 22, 1960 in Long Island, New York, USA, to parents Stephen Michael Pollan and Corinne Elaine. She has a brother named Michael and sisters named Lori and Dana. Pollan attended Dalton School in New York and later on learnt acting from Herbert Berghof Studio as well as from the Lee Strasberg Institute. Coming to the actress’ love life, she once dated actor Kevin Bacon for five years. After she separated from him, Pollan started dating Michael J. Fox. She got married to Fox in 1988 and had four kids: Sam, Aquinnah, Schuyler and Esmé.
Tracy Pollan Movies
1. Baby It's You (1983)
(Romance, Drama, Comedy)
2. A Stranger Among Us (1992)
(Drama, Romance, Crime)
3. Promised Land (1987)
4. Bright Lights, Big City (1988)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed