Tony Robbins Biography
Anthony J. Mahavoric, famously known as Tony Robbins, is an American life-coach, self-help guru, motivational speaker and author. The most famous works of his career are his books, ‘Unlimited Power’ and ‘Awaken the Giant Within’ and his innovatively designed seminars, ‘Unleash the Power Within’ and ‘Mastery University’. He writes and talks on subjects like health and energy, breaking conventional fears, accumulating more wealth, optimum utilization of the available resources, maintaining and enhancing relationships and communication. He was inspired to enter the realm of motivational speaking when he worked under John Rohn who taught him that happiness and success are perception and hard work based. He has attained a celebrity status for himself through his much-publicized ‘firewalk’ seminars and by featuring in magazines like: Time, Newsweek, Fortune, Forbes, Life, GQ, Vanity Fair, Businessweek, etc. He also co-hosted ‘Oprah’s Lifeclass’ with Oprah Winfrey on the OWN Network. He is a successful entrepreneur, as he serves as the Chairman of seven privately held industries as diverse as hospitality, education, media production, business services, and neutraceuticals, spread worldwide. He is the founder of the’ Robbins-Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention’, which produces training materials and programs for the therapeutic community.
- Tony Robbins was born as Anthony J. Mahavorick in North Hollywood, California. He belonged to Croatian origin and adopted his stepfather’s surname ‘Robbins’ later in life. He was raised in Azusa and went to Glendora High School.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeCareer
- Robbins started his career by promoting Jim Rohn’s motivational seminars. Jim Rohn was a motivational author and speaker as well as an entrepreneur.Jim Rohn taught him that happiness and success is not a matter of how much a person has got, it depends on what he does with the available resources in his life. Robbins took inspiration from him and began life coaching.He started teaching at neuro-linguistic programming (NPL) and Ericksonian Hypnosis after getting trained from the co-founder of NPL and in 1983 he learnt to firewalk from Tolly Burkan, father of the global firewalking movement, and started integrating it into his seminars.Robbins career as a self-help guru started to escalate when he started selling his programs through books and TV infomercials. He popularized himself as a ‘peak performance coach’ and gained a lot of recognition.His first major book, ‘Unlimited Power’ was published in 1987. It deals with topics of health and energy, overcoming fears, persuasive communication, and enhancing personal relationships. Although the book was a bestseller in America, its originality was disputed.Robbins next big book ‘Awaken the Giant Within’ came out in 1991. He used his own technique, 'Neuro-Associative Conditioning' in trying to provide his readers personal developmental techniques. It was followed by ‘Giant Steps (1994)’ and ‘Notes from a Friend (1995)’.In 1991, the ‘Anthony Robbins Foundation’ was launched to empower students and prisoners through food drives and learning programs based on Robbins’ teachings.Since he was already very famous through his books and TV infomercials, in 1997 he started his ‘Leadership Academy’ seminar. With the success of these seminars, he became the featured speaker on the seminar circuit sponsored by Learning Annex.With his immaculate reputation as a self-help speaker, he became the featured speaker at the 2007 Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED) conference. His talk was the 6th most popular TED talk by 2012.Continue Reading BelowRobbins is the founder of ‘Robbins-Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention’, which deals with personal, family and organizational psychology. He also takes seminars, including his four-day ‘Unleash the Power Within ‘(UPW) seminar and Mastery University.In 2009, Robbins founded ‘Business Mastery program’, focusing on endowing business leaders with techniques to manage and grow their businesses. The seminar is conducted live by himself and features entrepreneur guest speakers, like: Steve Wynn, Peter Guber, etc.Robbins acted in ‘The Singularity Is Near: A True Story about The Future’ in 2010. Before that he had made cameo appearances in movies like: ‘Shallow Hal’, ‘Reality Bites’, ‘Men In Black’, etc. and in various TV series.In 2010, ‘Breakthrough with Tony Robbins’, a reality show that featured Robbins helping the show's participants dealing with their issues, was launched by NBC but was cancelled shortly due to low viewership. It was again picked up by OWN Network.Major Work
- Robbins’ four-day seminar ‘Unleash the Power Within’ is considered to be the most prominent work of his career. The seminar is based on the concept of how successful people overcome their fears. ‘Mastery University’ is another successful work of his.Personal Life & Legacy
- Robbins' got married to Becky Jenkins in 1982. Becky had 3 children from her former marriages; Robbins adopted them. They got divorced after 9 years of being married. He got married for the second time to Sage Robbins.Trivia
- Robbins has met and interacted with known personalities like: Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, Fran�ois Mitterrand, and Princess Diana. He jotted down these experiences in his book ‘Awaken the Giant Within’.Robbins was diagnosed with brain tumor in 1994 but he got it removed soon after.He has a son, Jairek Robbins, with his former girlfriend Liz Acosta.In 2001, Robbins was called a ‘hypocrite’ by ‘The Vancouver Sun’. In retaliation, he filed a lawsuit against the publication, alleging defamation and libel. He was awarded US$ 20,000 in compensation.
How To CiteArticle Title- Tony Robbins BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/tony-robbins-744.php
People Also Viewed