Therese Lindgren Bio
Therese Lindgren is a Swedish YouTube personality. She has achieved tremendous success by posting videos related to lifestyle on her self-titled YouTube channel. She usually posts videos pertaining to beauty, self-care, fashion, life hacks and healthy vegan diet. Her channel has gathered more than 600,000 subscribers. Therese has had a career in media and she also fights for animal rights. She is a motivational speaker and delivers speeches on self-contentment and self-acceptance. Therese has dealt with issues like mental disorder, depression and has also struggled with frequent panic attacks. Despite all her difficulties, Therese has managed to emerge as a bold and confident public figure. Today, she is serving as an inspiration to many budding talents. As an author, Therese has written two books on mental illness. She has earned many accolades for all that she has done to date.
- Therese started her career by taking up a job in a local media and communication house. She started working while she was still pursuing her education. She then worked as a sales representative at ‘Hi3G Access’, a telecom operator in Sweden. After working there for some time, Therese switched her job. Next, she joined a video production company named ‘VideofyMe’ where she was hired as a Key Account Manager. She then quit ‘VideofyMe’ and joined ‘Jagodu’ which is a popular dating website in Sweden. She joined ‘Jagodu’ as a Content Manager.Recommended Lists:
- During her last job tenure, Therese faced the most difficult phase of her life. She developed depression and underwent a series of panic attacks. She left her job and went into her shell. She showed no signs of recovery even after receiving medical treatment for a long period of time. Her state of mind finally improved after spending six months at home. Therese indulged in a lot of constructive activities while recuperating. One of these activities included watching videos on YouTube.
- She watched a lot of videos and read a variety of blogs during her time at home. After a year, Therese’s condition improved but she was still far away from complete recovery. But she felt like she was on the right track and had once again gained confidence and energy. In the fall of 2011, Therese finally uploaded her first video on her YouTube channel. The channel took a bit of time to gain views and subscribers.
- Back then, not many girls from Sweden were on YouTube. This fact worked in favor of Therese and her channel gradually became popular. Though she was posting a variety of videos right from the beginning, she was constantly willing to carry out research in order to improve her channel. Therese regularly followed American vloggers in order to incorporate quality and variety into her vlogs.
- Initially, she was inclined towards video editing and focused more on the quality of her video, rather than focusing on the content. But as her channel became more and more popular, she came up with a variety of videos. Therese started uploading videos on hair and skin care. She also reviewed newly launched products. The popularity of her videos made her a star in no time. She soon became the most popular female internet star in Sweden with more than 10 million views per month and half a million followers on all her social media accounts.
- The channel, which she started just to showcase her skills in video editing, has now become a tool to speak her heart out. Therese went on to post a couple of videos on her mental illness and the way she dealt with it. Therese was listed among the top five ‘Super Communicators’ in 2016 by a local newspaper. Prior to that, she had won the ‘Best YouTuber’ award which was given to her by Splay Networks. In addition to this, Therese has also won the famous Guldtuben prize under the category ‘Best Cooperation and Best Style’.
- For her fight for animal rights, she received the ‘Gold Award’ which was presented to her by Animal Rights Organization. Therese has also created her own website, ‘www.hookedonyou.se.’ She has penned her experience of undergoing mental illness in two of her books, namely ‘Sometimes I do not feel so good’ and ‘Who cares’. Both her books were published by Forum.
- Therese Lindgren was born on February 15, 1987, in Stockholm, Sweden. She graduated in January 2014 with a major in Informatics. Therese doesn’t speak much about her family members and relatives. She has never done a question and answer video. She wants her fans to know only about her journey which focuses on fighting depression. Therese wants her journey to act as a motivation to others who might face similar situation in future.
Therese Lindgren Fans Also Viewed