Mr. Monkey is the son of the famed Eh Bee Family that has an impressive social media presence. The Eh Bee Family consists of the father (Papa Bee), the mother (Mama Bee), the son (Mr. Monkey) and the daughter (Miss Monkey). The Eh Bee Family has a huge subscriber base on YouTube with more than 2.8 million subscribers, 1.7 million followers on Instagram, and around 98K followers on twitter. They started using social media in February 2013 through the video sharing platform Vine. They later moved to most of the other social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
They create family-friendly skits and parodies to make people laugh. The family won the Armstrong Vine Award Grand Prize in the year 2015. They were also nominated for a Streamy Award in 2015 and a Shorty Award in 2016. The Eh Bee family was one of the 13 chosen Viners representing Vine at VidCon 2015 where they hosted their own personal channel. After the news was out that Vine would shut down, the Eh Bee Family posted a video on their YouTube channel to confirm to their fan base that they would continue to post videos on other social media platforms, especially on YouTube, which is their new home.
- Mr. Monkey was just eight years old when the family started posting videos on social media platforms. Papa Bee has been creating goofy videos since the Monkeys were very small. When he found out about the short looping video sharing platform Vine, it immediately struck to him that the platform was best for the type of content he created. He immediately started creating goofy videos with his kids, Mr. Monkey and Miss Monkey, to share on Vine. The first Vine they ever shared was one in which Miss Monkey can be seen holding up a pink guitar in the beginning, and then they go outside to show Mr. Monkey's snowman. They have been posting videos ever since and are known for their catchy Kid Bopz spin on some of the most popular hip hop songs.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowWhat Makes Mr. Monkey So Special
- Mr. Monkey is loved by fans for his genuine sweetness. When asked who he would like to choose among celebrities to be a part of their family, he mentioned Parker Ballinger. Mr. Monkey's favorite book is ‘The Books of Elsewhere’ by Jacqueline West. Mr. Monkey's hobbies include playing MineCraft and singing. The Eh Bee Family tries hard not to spell out their original names. In spite of that, the first names of most of the family members are known to fans that follow the family regularly. Papa Bee's first name is Andres while Mama Bee's first name is Rosanna. Miss Monkey is named Gabrielle. However, the real name of Mr. Monkey has still not been confirmed. Papa Bee said in a Q&A session on YouTube that they may reveal their real names someday, but they are currently having fun with the way things are going. Mama Bee added that they never did all of this to become famous or to have their names out in public; they just wanted to make people smile.Beyond Fame
- The Eh Bee Family has done a huge number of sponsored advertisements with some paying over $10,000 per Vine. On their official website, they have listed hundreds of top brands that they have worked with. They have created sponsored content for brands like Disney, Pepsi, Johnson & Johnson, Toyota, Regal Cinemas and Samsung. Papa Bee thinks that if he can incorporate sponsored content within his own style of work, there is nothing wrong with it, as he needs to pay his bills. He also thinks that it is a good thing to be able to make money by doing what he loves to do, and making people laugh in the way.There is a lot of confusion about why the family is called Eh Bee Family and why the kids are called Monkeys while the parents are called Bees. When Papa Bee first ventured into social media, he created an online nickname for their family. He selected "Eh Bee" because it sounds like "A B" spelled out, the initials of his first and last name. Following that, his wife was called Mama Bee. However, they always called their kids monkeys since they were very young, because they were cute and cuddly. As such, the kids became known as Mr. Monkey and Miss Monkey on social media.Behind The Curtains
- Mr. Monkey was born on April 30, 2005 in Canada. His actual name is Roberto Burgos. Papa Bee worked in marketing and web development before he started making videos on social media platforms. Papa Bee is originally from Chile, while Mama Bee is from Uruguay. Despite their South American descent, the Monkey kids can't speak Spanish fluidly because both Papa Bee and Mama Bee had English as their first language and as such converse in English mostly, rather than Spanish.Trivia
- Mr. Monkey has a birthmark on his chin.Last Updated : May 04, 2018
Mr. Monkey Fans Also Viewed