Tammy Roberts Biography
Tammy Roberts is a Canadian former massage therapist and foster parent. She has been foster parenting for more than 20 years and has raised many kids in and around Canada. She is best known as Jordan Peterson’s wife. Jordan works as a clinical psychologist and teaches psychology at the ‘University of Toronto.’ Jordan Peterson has credited his wife for helping him stay humble. He has said that she provides him with valuable advice from time to time which, in turn, helps him stay humble. Tammy Roberts married Jordan Peterson in 1989 and the two have been together since then. Tammy and her husband are blessed with two children, namely Julian Peterson and Mikhaila Peterson.
- Tammy Roberts started her career as a massage therapist. After marrying Jordan Peterson, she started working as his personal advisor. Because of her love for kids, Tammy chose to become a foster parent when she was around 30. She has been foster parenting for more than two decades. She has also adopted many children who don’t have a permanent home. Tammy usually adopts kids from orphanages. After growing up, most of these children return to their respective orphanage, while some of them reunite with their biological family. According to Tammy Roberts, she became a foster parent in an attempt to provide children with a home and a family. In one of her interviews, she said everyone should have a permanent home as it provides an opportunity to go back to a place (home) even if they get into trouble by messing up their lives.
- Tammy Roberts met Jordan Peterson when she was eight years old. The two grew up in the same neighborhood in Alberta, Canada. Jordan fell in love with her the moment he saw her. When they were studying in fifth grade, Jordan told his father that he wanted to marry her. Around the same time, Jordan started wearing glasses. When he asked her how he looked in his glasses, Tammy told him that he was looking funny. Twenty years later, she would admit that she was jealous of him as she always wanted to wear glasses.
- When Tammy was 13, Jordan overheard her talking to her friend about how she would not take her husband’s name after her marriage. When he entered her house, she jokingly asked him to marry her. Tammy and Jordan also played croquet together. She enjoyed playing the game with him as she would often dominate him. Eventually, Tammy Roberts and Jordan Peterson got married in 1989 and have been together since then.
- Tammy Roberts prefers to stay away from the limelight. However, she made headlines in 2018, when her husband accidentally live-streamed a video in which she was seen showing an article to her husband. In the unintentionally streamed video, Tammy appears from behind and shows her husband an article titled ‘Doug Ford is returning Ontario to a 1998 sex-ed curriculum’ from ‘Global News.’
- Tammy Roberts is not active on social media and seldom appears on her husband’s social media pages. According to her husband, she is a humble person who always keeps her feet grounded. She loves spending time with her children and often hangs around with them. She currently lives in Toronto, Ontario, along with her husband.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed